Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    New Mastery is bugged. HAH.

They do literally nothing atm.
    I reported a bug when you cannot release the icicles to lvl85 dummy. Try hitting boss dummies, it should work.

But will frost still go haste or maybe mastery build will be optimal now?

Seems what it is not buff in pve(more nerf). But huge nerf in pvp.

i guess the least played class needed the mastery rework ...... oh wait wrong forum
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated info on L's blog as of 20 min ago.

http://lhiveras-library.com/content/...es#comment-381
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Since FFB will still hit the hardest.

1) Put up 3 living bombs
    2) Fish for 5 FFB procs
    3) Deep+orb+unload icelances(+icicles)

The problem is, the wording of the mastery. If the icicles take literally forever to unload that would be stupid. If you can't unload all 5 in a single deep(which means they should make IL gcd trigger 0.5 or remove it) then frost is still dogshit. It won't matter at what skill level you are - living bomb and fishing for procs is all there is to it, because you won't be casting any frostbolts vs any semi-decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Use Raid dummies
    Yeah just found that it only works on bosses :\

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Since FFB will still hit the hardest.

1) Put up 3 living bombs
    2) Fish for 5 FFB procs
    3) Deep+orb+unload icelances(+icicles)

The problem is, the wording of the mastery. If the icicles take literally forever to unload that would be stupid. If you can't unload all 5 in a single deep(which means they should make IL gcd trigger 0.5 or remove it) then frost is still dogshit. It won't matter at what skill level you are - living bomb and fishing for procs is all there is to it, because you won't be casting any frostbolts vs any semi-decent team.
    Lol that's just... No.

One LB will proc just as many BFs as three. You should read tooltips more o_O;

There's no point to getting huge Icicles. This isn't meant to buff Frost to a competitive level but rather to give us an easier-to-tweak Mastery. It's passive damage with a pretty effect.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Seems like a single-target buff in damage from the feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    One LB will proc just as many BFs as three. You should read tooltips more o_O;
    doesnt brainfreeze only proc of the latest application off mage bomb anyway?
    Last edited by Zatetic; 2013-07-18 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    Casting Ice Lance causes any Icicles to begin launching at the target.
    It says they will begin to launch, sounds like they will be shot over time? It'd be cool, maybe like a non-channeled frost version of Arcane Missles.
    That's what I assumed. Be pretty sweet to see all those icicles spewing out of you when you aren't even casting. Kind of like shadow priests' apparitions, minus the pathing issues hopefully :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    doesnt brainfreeze only proc of the latest application off mage bomb anyway?
    Exactly, hence why ONE LB will proc the same number of BFs as THREE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    Seems like a single-target buff in damage from the feeling
    It's a nerf overall in its current form. (Not a big one, but this paves the way to tweak it easier without much PvP overbuffage (though it needs to be buffed too...))
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some bugs currently on it. Regarding not firing, they won't fire at targets with 1 health, so non-boss dummies are out of the question.

Alter time does not currently interact with them, although it should.
    Glyph of IV isn't interacting properly yet.

Intended but awesome functionality: firing continually if you keep generating them. My record so far has been 28 off one ice lance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Intended but awesome functionality: firing continually if you keep generating them. My record so far has been 28 off one ice lance.
    While it's fun to try to keep generating them, there's no real difference to that and just sitting at 5 stacks.

Of course, you're FORCED to keep expending them at some point because of FoF, but yeah, just saying D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I mean, from a visual standpoint and just as "OH SHIT WILL I RUN OUT BEFORE MY NEXT FOF?" It's amusing to watch, a lot more so than most of our mechanics.

Well I mean, from a visual standpoint and just as "OH SHIT WILL I RUN OUT BEFORE MY NEXT FOF?" It's amusing to watch, a lot more so than most of our mechanics.
    Oh totally, and I fully agree with that

here are some pictures. I'm kind of new to posting on MMO champ so I'm not sure if names are allowed in the screenshots or not. Just remove them if they dont comply with the ToS.

I'm at 35% haste self buffed here and the icicles are firing really slowly. I feel like they need to move faster. It doesnt feel hastey at all, it makes everything feel slow.

Here is a 3 minute session on the dummies just doing my rotation not going hard out or anything special just doing the rotation.

PTR Damage:

Live Damage:
    Last edited by Zatetic; 2013-07-19 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They seem to pick up around 45% or so. When my meta procced, it was pretty cool to watch the ice everywhere. Something I've really enjoyed is their acceleration. Starting from a standstill and speeding up to max speed at about half way to target is a really nice effect.

They seem to pick up around 45% or so. When my meta procced, it was pretty cool to watch the ice everywhere. Something I've really enjoyed is their acceleration. Starting from a standstill and speeding up to max speed at about half way to target is a really nice effect.
    I get my meta next week on live so I can't test with that. I might run some of the lfr on ptr and see how it looks ful raid buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    I get my meta next week on live so I can't test with that. I might run some of the lfr on ptr and see how it looks ful raid buffed.
    Gonna test dps on a dummy with heavy mastery gear, basically a copy and paste from my live gear.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erlloyd/simple

Gonna use RoP since im used to it the most

Then gonna test with t16 gear, arcane and frost.

Gonna do a re-test....but very interesting results.

With frost spec, mastery gear + frost armor I got 32.5m dmg in 204 seconds HOWEVER I used lust.

With arcane in 197 seconds only 30.5m...Granted I didn't use lust...going to this time. I used lust after alter time by mistake with frost. so gonna do that again, alter time after.

In a re-test with arcane I was at 31.5m in 216 seconds with lust...Keep in mind for some reason my mana was not regenerating as fast in raids, well I know why but yeah. I had lower mana than normally. So that hurt my dps for sure.

Not perfect test, but if anything i'd say frost is pretty close to arcane, with my mastery and frost armour on. Gonna try with t16 2 and 4 set now, and the new trinkets.

With lust at the start as arcane I did 42.77m dmg over 195 seconds. Now I had the amp trinket proc twice and the tooshoolays proc once...and never simotaineously. I am using 4/5 set t16 and the 2 new trinkets. However definitely a huge jump in dmg with those alone. Also keep in mind I don't quite have the rotation with the 2 and 4 set quite down yet....that's a work in progress. But it's a rough idea.

Gonna do a frost one once TW debuff goes away.

Keep in mind this data really isn't amazingly useful, too many factors messing it up.

Also, using a part haste part mastery build for frost..not sure whats more viable full frost or mastery or a combo of both...Too many factors. This just is giving me a rough idea. lots of factors.

Okay frost test, MUCH bigger burst, I think it was because both trinkets proc'd at once..Amp procc'ed twice total and so did the other one. So arcanes burst a little lack luster due to only one trinket proc, and had 1 less total proc of the tooshoolays however.

In 197 seconds I had 45m dmg.

Blah forgot to do my shoulder enchant for both tests...oh well lol

So this data isn't super useful because of multiple factors, I think arcane still pulls head, but right now in frost in t16 I have 41.73% mastery and 24.31% haste. I have more mastery in t15 gear lol. 24.61% crit. Idk I didn't get the burst i've seen on the ptr..but it's only a few tests so.

Highest icicle was 397k xD.....

I am thinking mastery > haste because of the two new trinkets are going to give SUPER high dmging hits, yes haste would give you more...but mastery lets you take that SUPER high dmg, take a chunk of it and fling it at the opponent again. I think it has to be some sort of balance of the two...not sure Q_Q.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-19 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I am thinking mastery > haste because of the two new trinkets are going to give SUPER high dmging hits, yes haste would give you more...but mastery lets you take that SUPER high dmg, take a chunk of it and fling it at the opponent again. I think it has to be some sort of balance of the two...not sure Q_Q.
    The damage doesnt really matter as they havent done any damage parses or finalization. It is more the % damage. What % is icicles, how are they wworking, what do your other spells do compared to live etc. Just to see the changes in a visual representation. I'll say with some confidence that the numbers for everything will change quite a bit before live.