Deleted
    Does anyone here know how to play Anti-Mage? I have done some practice matches but the moment I met other players I get ganked all the time, especially against heros like Spirit Breaker. :/

Also, have anyone else noticed that the matchmaking is kinda screwy atm? I have gotten into matches with people with 500+ wins and I have only won 20 matches so far...

Quote Originally Posted by 2euphoric4me View Post
    Does anyone here know how to play Anti-Mage? I have done some practice matches but the moment I met other players I get ganked all the time, especially against heros like Spirit Breaker. :/

Also, have anyone else noticed that the matchmaking is kinda screwy atm? I have gotten into matches with people with 500+ wins and I have only won 20 matches so far...
    You need a team that isnt passive to play AM or else the other team will just have time to gank you all the time.

Wins have really nothing to do with what rating people have or how good a player is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    You need a team that isnt passive to play AM or else the other team will just have time to gank you all the time.

Wins have really nothing to do with what rating people have or how good a player is.
    Thanks for the tip, maybe its not good to queue solo as him. :/

Experience is kinda important though. They have won roughly 480 more times than me, even if they have lost another 500 it still gives them more experience inside the game and more time to adapt to the heros.

if we are sharing experiences with MMR machmaking, when I was trying soloque before, it was absolutely horrible balance-wise. even full random vs full stack in normal que was more balanced than having two complete newbies with <10 wins and no game sense or knowledge picking completely not noob-friendly heroes and feed 10 kills in 10 minutes every other game. I played maybe 100 games is solo and majority of them were complete stomps one way or the other, plenty of games were with atleast one set of rax destroyed before 20 minutes, gankers having 20+ kills in the meantime... horrible horrible experience. Not sure if there were only few people playing it or if it was more of an experiment and wasnt part of the MMR matchmaking, but it was pretty bad.

I will take a game against full stack with 4 randoms around my skill any day over the solo que with insane differences between players, even if it means grinding my teeth alot because of the other teams coordination.

But if anything, the last changes to MM show, that there were some flaws (and apparently even bugs) in it and it kinda validates some critique people had. Just not the "its completely broken, im a god of dota" one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    if we are sharing experiences with MMR machmaking, when I was trying soloque before, it was absolutely horrible balance-wise. even full random vs full stack in normal que was more balanced than having two complete newbies with <10 wins and no game sense or knowledge picking completely not noob-friendly heroes and feed 10 kills in 10 minutes every other game. I played maybe 100 games is solo and majority of them were complete stomps one way or the other, plenty of games were with atleast one set of rax destroyed before 20 minutes, gankers having 20+ kills in the meantime... horrible horrible experience. Not sure if there were only few people playing it or if it was more of an experiment and wasnt part of the MMR matchmaking, but it was pretty bad.

I will take a game against full stack with 4 randoms around my skill any day over the solo que with insane differences between players, even if it means grinding my teeth alot because of the other teams coordination.

But if anything, the last changes to MM show, that there were some flaws (and apparently even bugs) in it and it kinda validates some critique people had. Just not the "its completely broken, im a god of dota" one.
    That's exactly my experience, even though I'm sometimes that noob... I notice that almost every game is extremely onesided, even if it's towards our victory. I either win easily, or loose quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    This might sound crazy but how about you don't queue for servers and modes that take 15 minutes to get you a game if you care about it being balanced.
    I queue for USE and USW because I speak English and live in the US. You're suggesting I should start queuing for EUW and other English-speaking servers to reduce my queue time or something?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Spirit Breaker is difficult to play against when you're new. As for AM, get a stout shield and try your best to avoid tanking creeps. Carry a teleport scroll early on and don't forget to put a few points into blink before you max anything else out. When you're being ganked, blink into trees and tp home (or behind a tower if you aren't low on HP). You can reset tower and creep aggro by a-clicking your own creeps (literally press 'A' or whatever you have bound to attack, then left-click your own creep), even if they are not within range of denying. This will reset aggro for enemy units and towers to whatever is closest and is attacking it or other units on its team. Use this to avoid taking tower damage.

Pick up a Quelling Blade if you're missing last-hits, it costs gold roughly equivalent to an entire wave of creeps early on - but if it allows you to hit last-hits you would have missed, you need it. This can be especially helpful for killing creeps under your own tower.

Don't always farm a Battle Fury. If you die a couple of times and you complete it after 20-something minutes, it's probably not going to be worth it. At lower levels of play, the same rules do not apply however. It's strange, but picking up good habits early on will help you greatly down the road.

That's exactly my experience, even though I'm sometimes that noob... I notice that almost every game is extremely onesided, even if it's towards our victory. I either win easily, or loose quickly.
    Welcome to Dota 2.

solo mm is broken because of queue times (lack of equally skilled ppl)
    dont even bother with that mode

In my recent experience when solo queuing I will get games with players at the same level of play as me for about 3-5 wins in a row and then suddenly I get put with a team of players where there might be 1-2 other decent people at most and then 3 players who are frankly terrible(and usually like 10-50 wins, whereas I am at around 400). It's so frustrating for me because what do you do? They usually rush pick and you get pigeonholed into a role, and it seems like whatever role I play it doesn't even matter by 10 minute because the team has already lost the game. One example was yesterday I was 3-0 on antimage with a ~10/11 minute battlefury and it didn't matter because the other team was so fed I couldn't even do anything (12-0 pudge, 5-0 gyro etc) and they had total control over the rest of my team even though we had an insane early lineup too.

There is no matchmaking.

There is stomping, and there is stomping.

Thats all there is.

Every time i have a lose my team is literally first timers or horrible players, and every time i have a win its almost a stomping cause the first timers are on the opposing team.

This happens every few wins, my ratio is like 60% or something now and lately all my teams had form of clueless person in them.

Like the other day, score was 12-2 in 6 minutes cause the other team was plain horrible, obviously started leaving, game ended at 9mins.

Same thing next game, ended at 13mins cause of leavers, something like 3-10, but the difference was the farm, their most farmed person had phase boots and 3 iron branch being doom, aka faceroll farm getting faceroll gold while our least farmed person a new player with 0-3 as Drow had Power Treads and 3 wraith bands and everyone else at 4-5k gold farm already in ~13mins.

Most of the wins are stomps, most of the loses as stomps, there is rarely to never any "fun" game because there is no match making.

My last game was something like 1k wins, 900 wins 800 wins 300 wins and me with me 80 wins, opposite team was 10 wins, 70 wins 30 wins and some poor dude, the only one that could play well at 400 wins, aka being punished and losing.

The team scores was alright, 37-35 only because it was like 15-2 at the start and pointless diving started so they caught up.. but the 6 outer towers and 2 base towers were down ~20mins cause it was a stomp and the gold difference was too large even if they wiped us a few times cause of terrible fights aka idiots running in alone.

These games are annoying and not very fun, i like to jungle and support, 8/10 wins i dont do anything, its a stomp, middle has like 6-0 in ~10mins, and suicide lane has 4-0, even if he is 1v2 cause they are just bad and leavers, leavers leavers.

Same when i lose, since i usually jungle or support, no wards, no ganging, no nothing can carry such horrible teams, no matter the amount of wards, they get ganged, you try to gang yourself, they cant land spells etc etc.

Oh and i usually solo queue, or well until i actually saw it, maybe last 30 games out of my 140 ones.

The matchmaking is just horrible, proper queue or solo queue, teams are unbalanced insanely.

They need to start counting wards placed/denies/last hits etc etc, not wins, or make roles.."When the player ticked support and played support, he placed 40 wards (Both types) and had 20+ denies, his item choice was of the support type" versus HURR DURR I AM RUSSIAN, I PICK PA AND RIKI MATCHMAKING GOOD.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-07-19 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    They need to start counting wards placed/denies/last hits etc etc, not wins, or make roles.."When the player ticked support and played support, he placed 40 wards (Both types) and had 20+ denies, his item choice was of the support type" versus HURR DURR I AM RUSSIAN, I PICK PA AND RIKI MATCHMAKING GOOD.
    how'd you figure that they would count wins?

how'd that not get abused af like people would be buying so many wards just to get free rating

how'd you not even include some match IDs for the games you're talking about

Deleted
    Recent update:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11109/

MATCHMAKING
    - People who decline Matchmaking are temporarily restricted from searching for 45 seconds
    - Parties are more likely to be matched against other similarly sized parties
    - Reduced the average skill variance in games where there are 10 individual players
    - When matching parties, the matchmaker now also considers the minimum experience level on both teams rather than just the average.
    - Fixed a bug in the matchmaker that was causing it to insufficiently segregate players based on win count
    - Fixed a bug that would cause excessive queue times, especially for large parties or high skill players
    Did they just fix the problem we just discussed?

Did they just fix the problem we just discussed?
    I haven't noticed a change being a person who both queues with large party and is a high skill players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have, 2 games ive had tonight had people ranging between about 350 and 100 wins, obviously this doesnt mean anything but the games seemed very even, as opposed to when i usually play with friends and get people on around 250 wins and my noob friends get owned.
    Suppose wel be able to see over time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I haven't noticed a change being a person who both queues with large party and is a high skill players.
    You were just lucky
    Bug was real

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed my queue time in low priority is actually faster than my queue time in regular matchmaking.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    You were just lucky
    Bug was real
    Lucky that I used to have 15 minute queues and I still have 15 minute queues?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Lucky that I used to have 15 minute queues and I still have 15 minute queues?
    I think you're talking about a different problem to the one we're refering to. Perhaps I should've only quoted the relevant piece instead of the whole matchmaking section.

Compared to 30-60min queues if mm bugs out, yeah :s

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post

how do you know they do not do it already?