Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    the fact that most players are now realising that in game micro transaction is soon to follow.
    By "most players" you actually mean "the same halfwits who said that 4 years ago when the Pandaren Monk first went on sale", right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    In practice, I agree with you. In theory, no - I think everyone has to decide for themselves who they want to play with. I don't think kicking someone over your own principles is any worse than kicking someone for underperforming.
    And what principle are these people being kicked for ? There is no principle here... It's just petty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sad and idiotic. Thankful something like that didn´t happen when they started with the mounts - but these things seem to have an escalating manner, so players act worse and worse as time progresses.

On a sidenote - imo - they don´t look that great, so its a waste of money.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I could understand that point of view if these items in some way infringed on your play experience or the ammount of free content blizz provided for people who just pay their sub fee and don't buy things from the blizzard store.

However... I don't believe the above to be true. In fact the more money blizz makes surely the more they can afford to spend on the game....

It's petty and pathetic and probably motivated by nothing more than jealousy of people who have the spare cash to buy the things they want.
    That's a fair enough opinion, though I disagree with it - I think that it has a distinct and tangible negative impact on the game. Unfortunately these things are hard to measure, so I can only go with personal experience with Blizzard. I don't have the same respect for them I once did, so I don't really trust them to handle cash stores responsibly.

Very dumb reason to kick someone.

Better not win a free helm from mmo-champion giveaway ...
    /sarcasm off

Well, it happens every day in real life. You will always find those who hate on people with too much money that spend it on crap.

Considering how apathetic people are in LFR about kicking others, I doubt this is very widespread, if it's occurring at all.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I wont buy such a helmet, but this is really, really pure jealousy. Why the heck would anyone care ?

10+ Year Old Account
    These players, I wouldn't like to describe them in fears I break one of MMOchamps rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Kicking players because they bought something that they'd think they would enjoy? Thats pretty pathetic.

I'm actually going to buy all 3 right now and equip them right after we complete a dungeon / raid.
    I do not support this kind of behaviour but I have seen people kicked for being able to roll on the same kind of loot as a guild member in 5 mans so I do not think this is surprising and I doubt it is very common.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, that's a great idea, i'm going to try to do that to people now.

I find this stupid. It's like saying "You can't join our raid guild, because your transmog gear has a purple color, and we don't like purple.". People need to get over this, the heads don't give any advantage and is only for cosmetic reasons. I don't see people explode because of pet store mounts and pets, or some of the TCG pets/mounts for that matter, even though they are guite the same: all of it is cosmetic and only to look cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    while i dont rly care who bought store helm and who didnt, definately not nearly enough to kick them, i musy admit i bursted with laughter when i saw this thread ^^

I don't care what gear you have equipped, unless I find it particularly striking or interesting. Then I'll compliment you. I care whether or not you're participating and if you're acting like an ass towards others.

Deleted
    I think it's a legit form of protest. Petty perhaps, but legit nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    So the people who are too poor are going to be jealous? They are worried about the petty $15 sub fee having micro transactions added to the game is freaking hilarious. Get a job.
    I dont think this is about being poor. I think it has more to do with the basic principle that WOW should not be dominated on outside resources like real life money. There is no doubt that these helmets are showing that outside resources are taking over the game even tho its only in terms of looks. And even WOW devs have said that the game was never intended to be played where outside resources would have direct effect ingame. Well.. that changed for good now.

Deleted
    Extremely immature and pathetic behaviour. But well.

I had a healer in a LFR group yesterday that refused to heal the MT, which was wearing one of the helmets.
    This time, the healer got kicked out pretty quickly and was told that it's not his business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nih View Post
    Screenshots? I don't think this happens.
    Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical. This sounds more like a wish-cast (and a chance to re-open the "I hate the store and anyone who uses it" conversation) than a real thing.

Might be true, but I'd tend to doubt it.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I dont think this is about being poor. I think it has more to do with the basic principle that WOW should not be dominated on outside resources like real life money.
    The subscription and time cards say hi.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.