Deleted
    dat dust, please please use more intakes as fans, yes i go on about it a lot, but thats the main reason why dust settles in your system, theres nothing wrong with making those rad fans as intakes, the resultant worked air will be expelled fast....

15+ Year Old Account
    Compared to these monsters, my little laptop seems rather meek
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Curious to hear how the h220 is working out for you. The reviews have me tempted to change out my h100i, which was a bit of a let down (build quality mainly), but that damn pump block looks soo bad on the h220

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Habbage View Post
    Curious to hear how the h220 is working out for you. The reviews have me tempted to change out my h100i, which was a bit of a let down (build quality mainly), but that damn pump block looks soo bad on the h220
    Temps so far are pretty good id guess. I dont have a direct comparison with a h100i tho. Noise is good aswell, got it at fan speed 5 out of 10. So im geussing thats 50% and I can hear it if i stop playing music or w/e. But thats mostly the fans, Im not hearing the pump

Build quality is pretty good. It is all attached rock solid, during building it in I swirled it around quite a lot. It is pretty big tho. I still have to figure out a proper way to install it more inside the case. Either have it as an intake or outtake. From what I have been reading it is advised to have the fill part upside (as I have it now). This makes it easier to remove airbubbles if there are any. I havent heard anything like that so far, altho it might happen in the next few weeks.

I think the pump block looks pretty good. Than again, I dont have to look at it :P

Just hope the "new smell" will go away soon :P

Deleted
    Thats another 50 euros overhere, for the cheapest set (out of budget for me). And I didnt want to dabble with WC that much

This is my first "try" with it, or which it will when I add my gpu in the future. I see the H220 as a gateway for WC for me

Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    For the price of the h220, you can basically get a XSPC WC kit :P
    That you need to assemble and leak-test.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That you need to assemble and leak-test.
    There seems to be reliability issues with the H220.

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/com...swiftech_h220/

10+ Year Old Account
    @Merc is that an XPSC Rasa kit? Nice blue/black theme.

As for me, lookie what I got! Yes, that is an a authentic leopard-skin bedsheet that I stripped last week off a real leopard that I came across while journeying across the mountains. Obviously I couldn't pass up that opportunity, chased the motherfucker down (they don't run as fast as shown on TV) and managed to punch it to death.

Oh and the GTX780 arrived too, I guess.

Also a tube of Noctua NT-H1 to help push the old i5 2500K to 4.7ghz, because IC Diamond doesn't exist in this country. No matter, NT-H1 is still pretty awesome.

Good opportunity to clean out the entire rig, dust off the fans, apply the new paste, install the new card, etc...

This is what I eat to keep myself energized, recommend it to all computer builders. As you can see the grapes and orange chunks are still alive and trying to escape from the bowl, it's best to eat them like that for MAXIMUM vitamanz.

This shit can clean anything from thermal paste to leopard bloodstains, very handy.

Goodbye my dear 660 Ti, you did very well. After a bit of dusting it should look good as good as new and ready for auction. It's still got ~2 years of warranty left lol, should be an easy sale for at least $350-400 NZD (yes, graphics cards are expensive here :P).

Finished rig, everything plugged in and desk area vacuumed up...

Lots of overclocking to do tomorrow, my 2500K is pretty meh requiring 1.36-1.37v for 4.7ghz stable. Needs fine turning.
    The 780 reached 1200mhz core and 1750mhz memory easily, I'll be using Heaven 4.0 to do some benching but ultimately it'll be my games which determine stability.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-07-19 at 04:16 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations with the awesome card! Nice looking setup indeed
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Congrats on the GPU, Xuvial. Pretty awesome cable management, as well!
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Congratulations with the awesome card! Nice looking setup indeed
    Yap, I hope to avoid upgrading for at least 2 years with this. Hmm that's kind of unnerving considering the cost...maybe I'll try to push it for 3+ years. Who knows :P

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Congrats on the GPU, Xuvial. Pretty awesome cable management, as well!
    I guess cable management is really something people need to do once and do it well. Once the main cables are secured to where they should be, the rest of the rig can be constantly upgraded (other than PSU :P) while keeping the cables tidy.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-07-19 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Yap, I hope to avoid upgrading for at least 2 years with this. Hmm that's kind of unnerving considering the cost...maybe I'll try to push it for 3+ years. Who knows :P

I guess cable management is really something people need to do once and do it well. Once the main cables are secured to where they should be, the rest of the rig can be constantly upgraded (other than PSU :P) while keeping the cables tidy.
    If it's fully modular then you can replace the PSU without any problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    If it's fully modular then you can replace the PSU without any problems.
    BLAH, I wish. Only if it's from the exact same brand and preferably the exact same series/model line-up.

For the most part PSU companies use their own modular connectors. They look the same at first glance but there are tiny differences that will stop them from being inter-compatible...even if it's from the same freaking manufacturer who is designing the base units (so mostly Seasonic lol). You will occasionally come across some X cables that plug into Y PSU, but that isn't intentional or standardized in any way, just luck.

It's a bit of a bitch because if modular cables were 100% standardized then I would've ordered Corsair's sleeved cables a long time ago for my Seasonic
    The alternative to that is NZXT's sleeved cable extensions, but that's only a halfway-solution because you'll still have your standard cables sprouting out of your PSU...not to mention trying to hide all that extra cable length behind the sidepanel, would be a nightmare.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-07-19 at 07:43 AM.

Deleted
    here is my current outdated build soon to be upgraded

Speccs
    CPU:amd phenom II 955x4 @ 3,6ghz
    CPU cooler:Coolermaster hyperTX3(push pull conf)
    Mobo:gigabyte 880 ud2h am3
    GPU:ASUS DCII 7850 @ 1170/1375
    ssd: ocz vertex 2 120 gb
    Ram:4x2gb Corsair xms3 ddr3 @1600 mhz 9-9-9-24
    Psu:coolermaster gx 550
    HD:Seagate barracuda 500gb 7200rpm
    Case:coolermaster 430 elite

Peripherals
    Monitor: LG IPS226V-PN
    Mouse:Logitech g300
    Keyboard:Logitech K300
    Speakers:Logitech s220
    Headset:creative fatal1ty gaming headset

Soon i ll upgrade to a Z87 mobo+4670k+ samsung 840 120 gb but i ll keep the 7850 for some more time
    Last edited by mmoc558cd9d933; 2013-07-19 at 12:04 PM. Reason: forgot case

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Some build pictures and dramatic words.
    Leopard print is obviously fake. 2/10
    The print doesn't at all match the GPU and thus: 1/10
    The bowl's art style has a large white circle in the middle, suggesting at Whites being at the center of everything. Racist. 0/10

All in all a poor submission to the greater good picture contest.

But honestly, on topic, lovely. Congrats.

About the 660 Ti... just how much do they sell for new? O.o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Leopard print is obviously fake. 2/10
    The print doesn't at all match the GPU and thus: 1/10
    Claw marks on the GPU box duh

A nice GPu upgrade indeed.

I guess I'll throw my build on here. Don't mind the psu as the alternative was for it to go on a dog hair diet (it's shedding season again!).

And then after I decided I wanted to blind myself...

And then after I decided a beer would go great with my computer...

Don't mind the naga as it recently passed away (RIP in peace) as well as the desk as my new desk has arrived and won't be put together til we move into our new house. I guess I should include a part list.

cpu: I5-4670k
    mobo: Asus z87-a
    cpu cooler- antec kuhler h2o 620
    ram: corsair vengeance red 8gb 1866mhz
    graphics card- Asus geforce gtx 770
    psu: corsair hx 750 semi-modular
    ssd: samsung 840 120gb
    hdd: seagate momentous 500gb x2 (salvaged them from a dead laptop)
    optical drive: asus dvd brive
    beer: Sam Adams Cherry Wheat lager (cause I have a sweet tooth)

Deleted
    What's wrong with the PSU? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I got into a scuffle with a buddy regarding why I went with a 750. I plan to sli in the future I should have mentioned that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    PSU fans normally face down. I think thats what he's talking about.