Page 22 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only valid reasons to kick someone are if they're not actually playing, or if they're being giant douchebags. So I'd say the people kicking are the ones who deserve to be kicked. This is why vote kick isn't always a good idea. It's great on paper, until you realize how pathetic humanity is and how it'll abuse anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I do not understand how people seem to think Blizzard is Broke and hard up for money. They have reported Record profits for a while now.
    if vivendi forces them to take back their stocks they will be 400 million in debt
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    PPL are reacting now cause there is already confirmed that 100% XP boost is coming in ASIA. And somehow ppl are acting like all players in Asia are also fine with that... Thats just not the case.

People are fine with this in asia, this is because their subscription model is completely different, and some of their governments have restrictions on the amounts of play-time one can buy, as i have already stated multiple times in this thread, now can you please, stop talking horse shit.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I was pretty neutral about this store, but this thread has made me hope that Blizzard puts a whole ton of transmog items in the store over the next year. Certain people furrowing their brow and trying to sound knowledgeable about topics they know nothing about (like business ethics) is high comedy.
    I have to agree. The helms are above my price point as helms, but as a means to thumb my nose at these illiterates? Let's just say my price point is shrinking.

LOL, just LOL! If I don't like freaking 15$ shithelms worst thing I can do to make joke of people who bought them, even calling them crazy, retards, <insert word>... but, to kick them from LFR/LFD??? What the hell is wrong today with those people? Like the worst scum that exist on Earth - plays Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    That probably qualifies as griefing and should be reported. I doubt that anything can actually be done about it though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Rofl, this is hilarious. LFR certainly doesn't disappoint.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    People are fine with this in asia, this is because their subscription model is completely different, and some of their governments have restrictions on the amounts of play-time one can buy, as i have already stated multiple times in this thread, now can you please, stop talking horse shit.
    You can speak for all of Asia? That's quite impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good thing.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just heard that quite a few ppl have now been kicked out of both LFRs and LFGs for wearing the Blizzard store helmets they bought for 15$. What do you guys think of that ?
    I'm not surprised that there's a lot of objection. Microtransactions really take the fun out of the game for some people. In most microtransaction games, the net cost is higher than $15 as month, and the net quality is lower than WoW. My guess is people don't like that direction and they're doing anything they can do discourage it.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

10+ Year Old Account
    If they dont need the subs ... just 3 helmets to pay for the subs that leave... then they will throw in more 4.1 patches.
    How is a one off purchase from a tiny proportion of the population going to compensate for lost repeat purchases of subscriptions exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats not buying gold. you buy the pet and then you sell the pet for gold.

if i bought a wii at launch day then flipped it for twice the price did i buy money? no i sold a wii.

His argument was they would not add microtransactions or gold

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ld-of-Warcraft

You are buying a in game pet for real life money to sell to get gold. No matter how your trying to paint it you are buying gold.

15$ price is to much but still you dont have to buy them, it is scary to think about what bliz it trying to do, by that i mean getting the 15$ a month sub and ingame real money store micro trans, blizz knows they have alot of sheeps so they will buy and pay, sad day for us WoW vets, i have not played for a while

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason why this is causing so much hate right now is that players realise that this is not going to be just "few" items. This is coming into ingame store. Not saying Im doing it or I would do it. But I understand ppl that feel hard done by in what Blizzard is turning a sub based game into.
    Oh? And what, pray tell, are they turning the game into? The same thing it's been since 2007? Why, yes. Yes, I believe they've done that.

No, the reason people are doing this is because they are being twits. There is no other logical explanation because there is no LOGIC behind such actions. Plain and simple, they're just being petty and bigoted. This is the equivalent of kicking someone out of your study group because they bought an expensive pair of jeans.

People are going overboard the same way they did with the monk, the mount, and now this. "This clearly means Blizzard will start selling gear and legendaries and tier sets and arena titles and blah blah blah"...in the words of Mike Ditka, STOP IT! This doesn't mean they're going to sell actual progression items. Pretty much every game on the planet now sells cosmetic items, from sub based to F2P to pay to play. Call of Duty sells crap like this. Do you kick people from your CoD team for it?

C;mon, man. There's zero, and I do mean ZERO justification for this kind of behavior. It is, in every definition of the word, harassment. Once people start getting their accounts suspended for this, then let's see who's laughing in the end.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Well- if only you could understand what ppl are saying over there...

They are asking for the game to go F2P ... or make the leveling experience more fun. Blizzard made up the story that they wanted 100% EXP boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if vivendi forces them to take back their stocks they will be 400 million in debt
    In 2007 Blizzard was worth 7 Billion. I am sure they are worth a lot more now

people are getting kicked from LFR

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-135/
    So one guy in the video says that he got a twitter from someone that had a link to the EU forums where someone on the forums claimed that they saw someone kicked for wearing helm transmog.

I googled and here's the thread in question:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8572099?page=1

Nobody on this thread has seen this. Nobody on the video link has seen this. The only person who saw this was a level 15 warlock on the EU forums.

Deleted
    Just heard that quite a few ppl have now been kicked out of both LFRs and LFGs for wearing the Blizzard store helmets they bought for 15$. What do you guys think of that ?

All I can say about it is that I can well understand ppl for doing that. There are some very heated discussions going on and I think Blizzard just went totally overboard in implementing these items, their pricing and the fact that most players are now realising that in game micro transaction is soon to follow.

Right now I think there is a big majority of players that do not like WOW to have this ingame store on top of subscription. So Blizzard forcing these items in without actually having laid the ground for it - just backfired badly.

Personally - I think it can only be a good thing to see players flex their power in game like this. It will hopefully get the developers and the corporate minds actually thinking about the players before they decide to create a new business model for a game .... without even asking the players what they thought of it.

Edit. Adding a link to gamebreaker.tv where they talk about one such incident and the general effect that the helms and the talk of ingame store are having in the community.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-135/
    Hearing this makes me inclined to buy the helmet just in protest of retarded entitled players to whine about something that doesn't affect them (the helmets), even though I find them ugly as heck and would never wear them.

I am all in favour of people being able to spend money on vanity helmets in-game just as well as I don't object when my girlfriend spends 100x more than this on vanity clothes IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I was pretty neutral about this store, but this thread has made me hope that Blizzard puts a whole ton of transmog items in the store over the next year. Certain people furrowing their brow and trying to sound knowledgeable about topics they know nothing about (like business ethics) is high comedy.
    So let me try to understand you, you want Blizzard to spend resources on items that will be selled to you instead of getting them free...
    I try really hard to understand some of you, I really do.

His argument was they would not add microtransactions or gold

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ld-of-Warcraft

You are buying a in game pet for real life money to sell to get gold. No matter how your trying to paint it you are buying gold.
    no you are exchanging goods. they are still getting a product. if someone decides they dont want the pet they can then sell the pet.

it would only be buying gold if all you got was gold.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552