not sure if i'd have kicked someone like that, but seems ok to me

Quote Originally Posted by Zeshiro View Post
    A popular opinion is that they were mistaken to think so.
    So you defend your position with your own subjective opinion but then go and attack other people for their opinions. That's a great way to have people take you seriously.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    I have more than enough money to buy a nice house without mortgage, plus everything in the Blizzard store.

But WoW is a game I play for fun.

I play WoW to compete against others on skill and effort, not on money.
    Well, first of all, most players don't play WoW to compete.

But, second, if you're playing with just $15/month to "compete" in the particle effects helmet race, you're fucked!

Deleted
    I got all 3 for free, so why not! But I definitely wouldn't pay money for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Oh I do not think people are " Too poor to buy it" Lets get real it's 15 bucks. What we are seeing is the Cash shop goes against others principles.
    I'm sure it is simply a principle matter for some posters.

For the majority though if it were just principles people would just not buy it and declare it was because of principles.

Instead we have hundreds of pages of "it's a ripoff" and "it's too expensive!" and "people who bought this have more money than brains"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deirhese View Post
    Yet I've never seen anyone being kicked for having a blizz store mount or pet...
    No one thought of it / baby moonkins are cuuuuuuute.

Apparently a handful of people felt like the MOUNTS were reasonably priced... Bought all 4 of them!

As a matter of fact personally I would very much like to buy a Black proto-drake for an hundred bucks!

I also bought all of the TCG mounts off ebay...

I will buy the helms as soon as possible.

Hate me now, interest tyrants.

Kicking someone due to the fact they bought something from an official online store, NOT even implemented an ingame store yet, is pathetic. Those who are upset for players who buy the helms, should also be upset they bought mounts and or pets. The only difference is the fact they want the mount or pet for themselves. You can try to deny it as much as you want, but there is literally almost no difference. The mounts are cosmetic. They offer no features you can't get from other mounts. The pets were almost identical, however some of them do have different battle spells. The helms are cosmetic. That's all they are. If you're kicking someone for having a cosmetic helm, you should be kicking players for having store pets or mounts.

Its irrational behavior. Its understandable if you don't agree with how blizzard is running their money system, but its not okay to punish your fellow players because they have different opinions. I personally love the mounts and pets in the store. I think the mounts are overpriced, so I don't buy them. I like the look of the frost helm because it reminds me of the skeleton king in D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    ... unfuckingbelievable. You pay close to $180 per year on sub fees for one single fucking game and you have the audacity to throw out the "while people starve to death" argument over $45 for these helmets? If the rest of your post hadn't sounded so petty I would have had to assume you were just joking with that line.
    I also give to charity, and I'd be willing to bet 95% (if not more) of the idiots buying these digital items do not. They live in a closed little world where it's all about me me me.

But like I said, keep giving money to Blizzard for shit that should be placed into the game where it can be earned. I always find it funny how 9 out of 10 players I see on Blizz store mounts or with these crappy helms have the absolute crummiest armory imaginable. Can't earn it, but at least they can buy it on mommy's credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    This. Right fucking here. I love you.
    "This" posts are infractable on this forum. I know you have a primal need to feel a part of a group but stop spamming.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how many of you have gotten yourselves 2 hour kick timers?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    I also give to charity, and I'd be willing to bet 95% (if not more) of the idiots buying these digital items do not. They live in a closed little world where it's all about me me me.

But like I said, keep giving money to Blizzard for shit that should be placed into the game where it can be earned. I always find it funny how 9 out of 10 players I see on Blizz store mounts or with these crappy helms have the absolute crummiest armory imaginable. Can't earn it, but at least they can buy it on mommy's credit card.
    Yes, that's the smell of jealousy all right.

What i find kind of pathetic about the "Schoolyard justice"-thing going on (He's different from us, we won't play with him anymore, that'll show him!) is that it's aimed at the wrong people IMO.

Don't hassle the players, bury Blizz in your bile and hatred (And a dash of snarkiness) instead, Blizz won't stop because you're casting out the fancy-hat-wearers, they got their money so it doesn't matter what you do anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Blizz "forcing" these on us? If you want them then you have the choice to buy them. You guys are taking this way to serious.

/mobmentality

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Yes, that's the smell of jealousy all right.
    You can't understand the argument so you resort to "yep that's jealousy".

If you honestly believe somebody is jealous over 15 dollars, I don't know what to tell you, kiddo.

It's a matter of principle, we should not have to pay extra for in game items in a subscription based game. Wipe your nose there, btw, looks like Blizz left a little brown stain on there while you were kissing their asses. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is indeed true, and you don't see anything wrong with it, well... you're a pathetic sack of shit. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I'm sure it is simply a principle matter for some posters.

For the majority though if it were just principles people would just not buy it and declare it was because of principles.

Instead we have hundreds of pages of "it's a ripoff" and "it's too expensive!" and "people who bought this have more money than brains"
    "it's a ripoff" and "it's too expensive!" are both opinions

"people who bought this have more money than brains" is on the same level of nonsense as "too poor to buy it"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    It's a matter of principle, we should not have to pay extra for in game items in a subscription based game. Wipe your nose there, btw, looks like Blizz left a little brown stain on there while you were kissing their asses. =/
    Suppose Blizzard offered an instant level to 90 service.

Should that be free?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    For a large part of the expansion I would vote kick pandaren out of my groups with about 60% success rate and drop out of the rest - there's nothing wrong with kicking people for showing off the crap no one wants to see as they financially support a company who is already billionaire and who gives us table scraps content every patch and expansion, and there's nothing wrong votekicking things from your group which displease you in any way.

If those players don't like it they can learn to get in line or face the wrath of those who blizzard never listens to, and as you can see, there's plenty of us.
    Well put, and as blizzard states with threads of people getting kicked, people agreed to kick. If players don't voice their concerns over things like this, they'll never change. Soon enough Blizzard will be like every Facebook game out there, pay more to get further. It may just be cosmetic now, but these greedy game companies just get greedier. Just wait, next time they announce more subscription losses, they'll also announce a buy gold service, real money Heirlooms and anything else they can exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeshiro View Post
    If that's really happening, I think it's funny. It would serve them right for supporting Blizzard's greed.
    You mean for supporting the game that you are currently playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any player who initiates a votekick on account of someone' choice to purchase an item from the Blizzard store is a complete fucking moron, plain and simple. If you try and justify it, as some here are doing, the same holds true of you.

I haven't bought the helms, and have no plans to as they don't particularly impress me. But if I chose to, that's my money spent and therefore my business. Doesn't give anyone the right to assess me as a player or punish me as a player.

A few days ago I saw a couple of dumbasses on these forums say that they were going to go out of their way to ostracize players with these helms: I figured they were just idiots talking out of their asses. Can't say it surprises me that there are players out there actually doing this. Personally I hope its something that Blizzard takes notice of and starts banning for.

If you're one of the people doing this, congratulations on setting a new bar for being a piece of shit in an MMO. Your parents must be proud.