Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jutsfortehlulz View Post
    Really, thank you to all of you who read and appreciated this
    Well, I read the basic premis. I never bother reading skill descriptions for classes that are made-up, as it's a waste of time. They won't get implemented but at least your theme and idea is pretty strong.

Would love to play a Goblin Monster Hunter - "Hey, i'm outta ammo...Ooo, look at all this scrap? Surely I can build/throw/explode/ignite something nasty out of all this junk!" Not sure what races would be excluded though. Possibly Pandas, Night Elves, Worgen, Trolls and Taurens. I could definately see Draenei, Gnomes and Goblins as this class, as well as Undead. Orcs are a bit of a podge, but they do build war machines. Same goes for Blood Elves with their golems.

Very cool and unique idea, it reminds of the Trooper and Bounty Hunter classes in SWTOR where they used bullets/heat as resource and could range-tank, heal, or DPS.

Speaking about range-tanking, I think this class would be perfect to introduce this new mechanic to WoW. SWTOR does it without any balance issues and it would fit the theme of this class very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Blizzard can just whip up a continent out of thin air for them to come from.
    Mists of Pandaria 2: The other huge island that no one ever seemed to notice, find or look for!

Deleted
    after Monster hunter can we have Ghost buster ?

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Speaking about range-tanking, I think this class would be perfect to introduce this new mechanic to WoW. SWTOR does it without any balance issues and it would fit the theme of this class very well.
    Really? Didn't know that! I basically came out with the melee-only-for-tanking idea just because I thought that a ranged tank could never have worked!

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Well, I read the basic premis. I never bother reading skill descriptions for classes that are made-up, as it's a waste of time. They won't get implemented but at least your theme and idea is pretty strong.

Would love to play a Goblin Monster Hunter - "Hey, i'm outta ammo...Ooo, look at all this scrap? Surely I can build/throw/explode/ignite something nasty out of all this junk!" Not sure what races would be excluded though. Possibly Pandas, Night Elves, Worgen, Trolls and Taurens. I could definately see Draenei, Gnomes and Goblins as this class, as well as Undead. Orcs are a bit of a podge, but they do build war machines. Same goes for Blood Elves with their golems.
    Haha yes a Goblin Monster Hunter would rule (and would fit so much with the whole engineering theme, rockets etc). I suppose Tauren and Night Elves should be definitely out! Not so sure about Worgen though... I've got pretty contrasting feelings about that... Basically this class should be the bane of Worgens, but they're also the more fitting with their background. I'm actually confused (by the way, I answered to your previous post too)
    Last edited by jutsfortehlulz; 2013-07-20 at 02:44 AM.

Really? Didn't know that! I basically came out with the melee-only-for-tanking idea just because I thought that a ranged tank could never have worked!

Haha yes a Goblin Monster Hunter would rule (and would fit so much with the whole engineering theme, rockets etc). I suppose Tauren and Night Elves should be definitely out! Not so sure about Worgen though... I've got pretty contrasting feelings about that... Basically this class should be the bane of Worgens, but they're also the more fitting with their background. I'm actually confused (by the way, I answered to your previous post too)
    Mhmm, I saw. I do love playing my Unholy DK, so your MH using the same kind of resource system would feel right at home to me.

As for cutting out Worgen, it was so that both Horde and Alliance drop two races. Tauren are obvious, they're nature based. Yes they do use guns for hunting, but they're definately not used to using machines or technology, much like the Trolls. A Troll duel-weilding pistols and throwing bombs would look cool, but they're more of a potion-chugging voodoo-weaving kind of race. To me their Hunters use bows and at the very most traps, but they'd not use guns and exsplosives.

Night Elves not becoming them is a little tenuous, as they do have renowned Hunters, but yet again they're more magical "explodey" than mechanical. I suppose if one of the Monster Hunters specs was stealth based, then you could include Night Elves and possibly Trolls, but i'd still think they'd be less likely to be chucking out bombs. As much as I know some people would want to re-make Underworld by playing as a "lycan", I just don't see it happening. It's bad enough they get to become Druids, but to me Worgens are a very "melle" race and I don't see them as the kind of race that'd be scrounging the battlefield for parts to re-use and rig to go boom.

Dreanei, Goblin and Gnomes all get chosen as they're rife with in-game lore on how they tinker and fix things. Dreanei also get another vote since they're tied heavily with the Na'ru and they're incredibly keen on hunting down demons. Undead I can see being this class, since they're canibals and could easily scavenge corpses on the battlefield for parts. Humans work as they can basically become almost any class, as well as Blood Elves for the afor mentioned golem construction and general "what-ever-it-takes" attitude. This then leaves Orcs which you could argue are into construction. Maybe Humans and Orcs don't get to become this class either?

I'd sooner have it even on both sides, but I can definately see at very least Goblins, Draenie, Gnomes and possibly Dwarves all being this class too.

Mhmm, I saw. I do love playing my Unholy DK, so your MH using the same kind of resource system would feel right at home to me.

As for cutting out Worgen, it was so that both Horde and Alliance drop two races. Tauren are obvious, they're nature based. Yes they do use guns for hunting, but they're definately not used to using machines or technology, much like the Trolls. A Troll duel-weilding pistols and throwing bombs would look cool, but they're more of a potion-chugging voodoo-weaving kind of race. To me their Hunters use bows and at the very most traps, but they'd not use guns and exsplosives.

Night Elves not becoming them is a little tenuous, as they do have renowned Hunters, but yet again they're more magical "explodey" than mechanical. I suppose if one of the Monster Hunters specs was stealth based, then you could include Night Elves and possibly Trolls, but i'd still think they'd be less likely to be chucking out bombs. As much as I know some people would want to re-make Underworld by playing as a "lycan", I just don't see it happening. It's bad enough they get to become Druids, but to me Worgens are a very "melle" race and I don't see them as the kind of race that'd be scrounging the battlefield for parts to re-use and rig to go boom.

Dreanei, Goblin and Gnomes all get chosen as they're rife with in-game lore on how they tinker and fix things. Dreanei also get another vote since they're tied heavily with the Na'ru and they're incredibly keen on hunting down demons. Undead I can see being this class, since they're canibals and could easily scavenge corpses on the battlefield for parts. Humans work as they can basically become almost any class, as well as Blood Elves for the afor mentioned golem construction and general "what-ever-it-takes" attitude. This then leaves Orcs which you could argue are into construction. Maybe Humans and Orcs don't get to become this class either?

I'd sooner have it even on both sides, but I can definately see at very least Goblins, Draenie, Gnomes and possibly Dwarves all being this class too.

I find your analysis pretty accurate... and I suppose that after reading it, Worgens are necessairly the ones left behind, together with Night Elves, while the Horde excluded ones are Taurens and Trolls. Although this would mean that 5 races are out, and as you may have noticed, Blizzard seem to make new classes available to (almost) all races (so for this same reason I wouldn't put aside Humans and Orcs as well)
    Oh by the way I find the Undead scavenging corpses for finding resources idea really mindblowing! Maybe they could have a new racial based on this class (almost like most races have got racials enhancing professions)

I find your analysis pretty accurate... and I suppose that after reading it, Worgens are necessairly the ones left behind, together with Night Elves, while the Horde excluded ones are Taurens and Trolls. Although this would mean that 5 races are out, and as you may have noticed, Blizzard seem to make new classes available to (almost) all races (so for this same reason I wouldn't put aside Humans and Orcs as well)
    Oh by the way I find the Undead scavenging corpses for finding resources idea really mindblowing! Maybe they could have a new racial based on this class (almost like most races have got racials enhancing professions)
    Well it needn't be the race that does this, it could be some kind of familiar. Maybe they're able to summon crows, or carrion birds, or a rat (though this is stepping a little on the toes of Demon Hunters from Diablo 3), that's able to go scavenge for them. Something like "Eye peck" that finds a corpse to give the MH extra Junk or if their Junk meter is full it refills a bullet?

I wouldn't mind the idea of them maybe being able to stake enemies through the heart, possibly stunning them? Maybe they even get some kind of Totem system that has them summoning up Tomb-stones of the dead (possibly of NPCs from their starting zone?) that give buffs, or maybe even putting enemies on crucifxes (the big wooden kind, not the one worn around the neck) that debuff enemies? Even if you could turn your Junk into some big metal effigy that scares off enemies but becomes an actual item on the battlefield (see Warrior Banners), that could be cool too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Call 'em a Junkgineer and I'm in!

I like this entire concept, really. Adds a neat techo-steampunk-ness to World of Warcraft. I'm a little iffy on it fitting into the lore, of course.
    Well, seeing as Garrosh has LOTS of magic and machines in his raid...

Would be nice to see magic and bullets mixed though, instead of straight up technology!

I like the core concept a lot. I would think their primary stat would have to be agi, and their gear would need to be mail...this is the only obvious option based on the game's current class distribution. Clearly a lot of the monster-based abilities would need to have their names changed to fit WoW's lore a bit better...but I like the flavor of what you've come up with so far. "Glove Slap" sold it for me. I think the addition of an on-demand "reload" ability (with a cast time maybe, to limit it) would make their resource management a bit more interesting than just "waiting for bullets aka, runes aka, energy." There are enough classes that have to sit around and wait for a resource to magically generate itself.

I see no harm in letting hunters use dual-pistols too, even if it is a bit silly. Even other "weird" weapon types like intellect axes or strength polearms can be used by more than one class, so the more hunters and MH's can share weapons, the better.

I agree Worgen wouldn't be a perfect fit for the class, but they DO have a few things going for them, just like Draenei. Gilneans in recent years have had to learn to hunt monsters like the invading Forsaken, their undead constructs, and the mindless Worgen affected by the curse. They would be the perfect race to deliver a Glove Slap (this is the most important reason!!), and as NPCs, many of them seem to like to use firearms as a weapon. With their history of druidism/harvest-witchery, they seem more in-tune to the wilds and what it has to offer, and they're more likely than Draenei to "do whatever it takes", including some questionable practices. And hey...undead abominations and a werewolf plague knocked down their wall and disturbed their nice quiet lives, I could see them wanting to mercilessly hunt down them and their ilk.

The only thing is...I'm just not sure I see Draenei being a great fit either. Many of them are adept with technology and are also very spiritual/magical, and love crusading against Bad Things, so that's great...But I don't think all those interests would very often come together to create utilities as ethically-questionable as injectors (which to me implies exploitation of their victims, something I think they would kind of be against). As a race, they seem to prefer defending themselves with magic/crystal melee weapons, rather than guns. And they're just a bit too worried about the legion to be crusading against random beasts and monsters. :P

Great idea though, I like it. I love reading well thought out class concepts.

Even if you could turn your Junk into some big metal effigy...etc etc...
    I think "junk" needs to be called something else - "scrap" maybe. "Junk" is just WAY too ripe for exploitation. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting concept but even for me the bladed pistols are a bit much. I' still don't think guns don't belong in wow(Except dat lazor beams and titan stuffs). Anyways, your idea is definitely creative and bigger then most so I will say you did a good job.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Wow this is a really creative idea, most class concepts I see tend to be quite samey, but you've really come up with something fresh here, I do think bladed pistols are a little weird, I mean, sure some could exist as weapon models but using them as your sole melee capability feels wrong, I'm not sure what else you could use for close range, maybe a cool idea would be to use a blunderbuss (shotgun) for close range attacks, not sure if that would be taking the whole gunpowder thing too far though.

Apart from the bladed pistols, I love it and would definately play something like that in game, I especially like the way you designed the resource system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty stupid. Why don't we just have any dumb idea for classes now and slap 'em into WoW, claiming "Blizzard can make it fit" without any regard for lore or gameplay? I guess I should start writing up my thread on my proposed Power Ranger class.

Also: Dual wield bladed pistols, dat tryhard.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Pretty stupid. Why don't we just have any dumb idea for classes now and slap 'em into WoW, claiming "Blizzard can make it fit" without any regard for lore or gameplay? I guess I should start writing up my thread on my proposed Power Ranger class.

Also: Dual wield bladed pistols, dat tryhard.
    Just a tad harsh don't you think? it's just a concept that's all, he's not barging in here insisting that this class must be put into the game, it's just an interesting read, some people like to do stuff like this in their spare time.

I don't think it's even too far fetched either, could totally understand your point if he really was suggesting a "Power Ranger class" as you put it, but he's not, it's actually a pretty cool idea, probably will never happen, but it was still a nice read IMO.

A steam punk class would be cool, tinkerer, this, don't really care.

The name needs work though.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Have concerns about how much of it seems to overlap with engineers.
    Injectors, bombs etc.

Really seems to be taking the most popular ideas of Demon Hunter and Tinker and shoving them into a blender to see what comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicely done, and well-written! I would certainly enjoy playing this :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Just a tad harsh don't you think? it's just a concept that's all, he's not barging in here insisting that this class must be put into the game, it's just an interesting read, some people like to do stuff like this in their spare time.

I don't think it's even too far fetched either, could totally understand your point if he really was suggesting a "Power Ranger class" as you put it, but he's not, it's actually a pretty cool idea, probably will never happen, but it was still a nice read IMO.
    It's cool in a teenager's or weeaboo's sense of what's "Badass"

And believe me, that wasn't harsh.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    A gun wielding class sounds awesome. Think you should come up with a better name for the class though :P Witcher is a monster hunter too, but they aren't called monster hunters, nor are the games.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    It's cool in a teenager's or weeaboo's sense of what's "Badass"

And believe me, that wasn't harsh.
    Agree to disagree then, I guess I mistook my perception of your "tone" as harshness.