Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    how do you know they do not do it already?
    Because he's not matched against Merlini stacks 5 times in a row.
    Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Because he's not matched against Merlini stacks 5 times in a row.
    Duh.
    I am, so can you all stop spreading your inferior opinions.

Also, wards and denies don't make a support. You can easily have lane control and ward up and be an awful support player, it's not as easy as looking at stats to calculate.

Did Valve ever say if they're planning on showing a players ELO or not?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    If you counted the amount of independant people in this thread alone providing stories of how horrible matchmaking is you would have enough evidence.
    All I see is like 3-4 people whining.
    I mean there's 3-4 people whining that matchmaking is perfect and infallible too so clearly we're both right.
    Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    A hero that doesn't need farm, but can farm easily.
    ...Why would you farm if you're not farm dependant.
    So you will have some basic surival items and wont be blown up , supports with spamable aoe nuke for example , or a hero like dark seeker who is still strong with enough mana but also benefits from farm and can easily get farm (panda , beastmaster ,batrider could be other examples , all they actually need is a blink dagger yet they still benefit really well from farm and can also easily farm)
    Last edited by Anaralah; 2013-07-19 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    So you will have some basic surival items and wont be blown up , supports with spamable aoe nuke for example , or a hero like dark seeker who is still strong with enough mana but also benefits from farm and can easily get farm (panda , beastmaster ,batrider could be other examples , all they actually need is a blink dagger yet they still benefit really well from farm and can also easily farm)
    My point was more "why would you pick such a hero when you can give the farm which you don't really need to a carry". If you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    If you counted the amount of independant people in this thread alone providing stories of how horrible matchmaking is you would have enough evidence.
    It's still quite not as much "enough evidence" than it is "not evidence at all", no matter how many people bring their matchmaking horror stories you can still trust most of them to suffer from some form of perception bias. I've been in Dota 2 since November (maybe October) 2011 and have always been happy with matchmaking, sure games are sometimes bad or one-sided when the search range caps out or I play with Lysah and we do get to play vs full Merlini stack 5 times in a row, but I still haven't felt like I'm clearly the best or the worst player in the team too many times. Or lately I haven't been the best even once but that's not matchmaking's fault.

Games between complete noobs and equally skilled pro teams alike have a tendency to sometimes turn into one-sided stomps, which alone should be enough evidence that the scoreboard of a single game says nothing about balance.

Deleted
    I remember why I unchecked AR again. Worst experience ever if you queue alone. You get idiots who got no clue how to play and with the smaller pool of players, the MMR discrepancy is quite large. You have guys thinking it's better to sacrifice two heroes instead of one on hard lane against a tri while your solo laner, who is a melee, gets very little farm because he is up against a DS alone.

Played about 5 games today after the patch and the matchmaking seems better so far, I had no games where there was a clear large difference in skill between anybody and they were all reasonably even for both teams. The only thing was the first game I played we had a pudge who fed, shit talked everyone and abandoned (gotta happen sometimes I suppose), which turned out better for our team because one of the guys took up the pudge play and we ended up winning easily afterwards 4v5.

Hopefully it wasn't just a lucky session and the trend continues, it was nice playing some good even games.

Can anyone aware me on what good is that bloodstone you get for being in beta?

credits: Supernerd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    It's shiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Taking up inventory space.

Fuck, best item

credits: Supernerd

Deleted
    Is there any lists online with cosmetic items that can't be bought? Like those you can only get in treasure chests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it kill Valve to implement a change to All Random where repicking guarantees you'll get a hero of a different stat? I'm sick of games that could otherwise be good ruined by one team getting a good mix of heroes, and one team getting way too many supports or way too many carries. You can repick, but you could also end up repicking Shadow Fiend into a Drow Ranger, and now you're 350 gold behind the enemy team to boot. You could have multiple players repick and likely get a support, but now multiple players on your team are starting with a severe gold handicap, so having a balanced team probably won't even matter at that point.

I'm sick of AR being such a crapshoot whether it'll be a fun game or not, and AP is full of douchebag tryhards that pick the overpowered heroes simply because they don't have the skill to play anything else; AP also seems to have more players that don't seem to know what they're doing, which seems odd since AR assigns random heroes rather than letting you pick heroes you're more familiar with.

SD and RD are ruined simply because they imply your teammates will both communicate with each other, and will make picks intelligently.

So that leaves either AP or AR, and both game modes suck for different reasons :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You can repick, but you could also end up repicking Shadow Fiend into a Drow Ranger, and now you're 350 gold behind the enemy team to boot.
    IF you think winning and losing is based off 1000 team gold difference, you are going to have a bad time. You sure complain a whole lot, have you checked your blood pressure lately? maybe a different game is for you? less stress

Repicking in AR is actually a very unfortunate disadvantage to lane phase. The difference between 500g and 850g is an awful lot of regen or effective stat increase at so low a level.

10+ Year Old Account
    On another note, why do DOTA 2 players dislike over-the-top and non-lore-related cosmetics? IIRC, people really disliked the the Alpine Stalker set on Ursa, which got it removed from the store. Did Valve put the "Cosmetics have to comply to the heroes lore" just because of the vocal minority/majority, or is that how they want cosmetics to be in this game?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II