Page 80 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    No it doesn't, it's just the knowledge that blizzard would probably wipe their ass with my letter, rip off the stamps to reuse them themselves, and use the envelope to roll themselves a joint.

They ignore us on the forums, where replying is free and easy, you think they'd actually take time to respond to our letters?
    So you come to complain on MMO-C where clearly the dozens of threads about the blizz store and what you guys do to people who buy the hats will actually account for something... Looks like all the whiners and in a but of a lose-lose situation eh? Poor you, you all must feel so ignored and alone

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Nerraw you have experienced the people who queue as tank and just afk at the start of dungeons and it says they cannot be kicked for 4 hours? after awhile the people votekicked for the helms won't be allowed to be kicked anymore just like that leeching guy
    I have never had a 4-hour cooldown on my ability to vote-kick people. I had 30 minutes at most during some time in Cataclysm when I had an extremely unlucky day in regards to being matched with less-than-reputable players.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So you come to complain on MMO-C where clearly the dozens of threads about the blizz store and what you guys do to people who buy the hats will actually account for something... Looks like all the whiners and in a but of a lose-lose situation eh? Poor you, you all must feel so ignored and alone
    I'm not losing anything, no one kicks me out of raids or dungeons since I don't buy this shit, but please, feel free to try and make me feel bad for not wasting my money on cosmetic shit like mounts and helms.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Hows your quest to defend major corporations and their anti-consumer business practises going?
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that we aren't defending Blizzard, we're defending players who get screwed by the childish antics of
    short sighted people?

Your issue is with Blizzard. Taking it out on players is like taking your anger out on your spouse because some jerkoff at work pissed you off. It's stupid and ineffective.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    So the people who are too poor are going to be jealous? They are worried about the petty $15 sub fee having micro transactions added to the game is freaking hilarious. Get a job.
    There are students on limited budget/pocket money, there are people looking for a job and cannot find in a country barely recovering from an economic crisis, there are people who do not appreciate for-sale-items in an MMO as a matter of principle. Perhaps you should get a brain,

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You pay to use it to call people and whatnot, don't you?
    That is not via apple, that is via a god damn mobile network provider.

Do you even know the difference?
    Last edited by T18Z; 2013-07-20 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Making them low drop in game either devalues it for those who paid for it, or devalues the effort those who've put the effort in to farm for it.
    Not related to the whole helmet discussion (as quite frankly I don't care and I'm much more concerned about people pulling their weight in LFR or anywhere else), but this argument would make more sense if they followed this rule in the past. I'm extremely pissed off about buying a Savage Raptor after saving up for months and months so I could finally have a unique mount that fits my character. After getting the one mount I worked so hard for, they proceeded to throw it into the game basically for free a month later from the Isle of Giants. I wouldn't mind if a mount has the same model but has a different color or effect (normal Hippogryps and corrupted Hippogryph for example) but the mount they added is an exact copy apart from the saddle which has a slightly different color. You can't really tell the difference between them without looking closely or looking at the mount icon on the character who is riding it.

They can add all TCG and cash items in the game as drops for all I care. If they aren't concerned with devaluing some of the items in-game they should add everything else as drops.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Because it's a great game. I just can't in good conscience support Blizzard with my $15/mo anymore. Blizzard is a business, and businesses make money, but I'm a customer, and I choose how to spend my money. I'm choosing not to spend it with Blizzard anymore until something changes with its payment plan. Caveat: I may return from time to time, e.g. for a month to see SoO, but I will no longer be a long-term subscriber as I have been since January 2006.

As far as what's worse now, they have taken the cash store too far while still requiring a monthly sub. It makes me feel disrespected as a customer. I have never particularly appreciated the idea of putting mounts and pets behind a paywall while still requiring a monthly fee, but it was limited in scope and I dealt with it. Transmog helms are the straw that broke the camel's back for me. My animosity towards people who purchase these helms stems from the fact that they are sending a message to Blizzard that it's okay to continue putting items behind paywalls without reforming their subscription structure, a policy which as a long time customer is insulting to me.
    Why didn't they take it too far with the pets? Or the Soul of Aspects mount that turned out to be based on a model that wouldn't be available to anyone else for 9 months? Or the highly-detailed bat mount that everyone has been wanting for years? I fail to see how transmog gear which is purely cosmetic in nature, just as the mounts, can suddenly "break" the camel's back. It's okay for them to do it and you keep playing for half a decade, but after that it's suddenly so bad you have to quit and start making life miserable for everyone who took part in the store on the way out?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I have never had a 4-hour cooldown on my ability to vote-kick people. I had 30 minutes at most during some time in Cataclysm when I had an extremely unlucky day in regards to being matched with less-than-reputable players.
    Yeah I'm not talking about people not being able to initiate any more vote kicks. What I'm talking about is that they have protection for the people who get kicked too many times built into the system also. and the people who know about it abuse that also. we had a tank that afk'd dungeons at the start that could not be kicked by ANYONE for 4 hours

Deleted
    the ppl that kick are just jealous or something very childish to kick those ppl

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Why dont you just unsub and show Blizz what you think about this? Your actions are directed in wrong direction
    100% this. It's funny how, instead of doing something to show the company how they feel about their business practices, they'll instead berate the customers. Instead of kicking people who buy the shit, why not stop giving Blizzard your money? Your continued patronage tells them that they can continue doing things that you dislike. You don't like the cash shop? Stop subscribing. Don't piss on the people who DO like the cash shop.

And this is coming from somebody who hates cash shops in P2P games and severely dislikes the double dipping. I've never purchased anything off of it and never will. But if it was such a huge issue for me, I would just cancel and be on my merry way. Everybody is entitled to spend their money on whatever they deem fit. Since when has it become the job of others to insult them or attempt to ruin their experience for doing so? It just makes you small-minded, petty, and pathetic. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Yeah I'm not talking about people not being able to initiate any more vote kicks. What I'm talking about is that they have protection for the people who get kicked too many times built into the system also. and the people who know about it abuse that also. we had a tank that afk'd dungeons at the start that could not be kicked by ANYONE for 4 hours
    people would leave and get replaced by new people from other realms. No one could vote kick them still. red error text. "this player cannot be kicked for that # hours"

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    I don't really think you can comprehend the other side of the argument.

In a game that is paid for monthly to be updated we should not have to pay for 'external' items which can be used in-game, it simply leads to blizzard obtaining profits from people who are obsessed with collecting or transmogrification. The correct way to do it is to place those items in-game, and either make them an extremely low drop chance, craftable or obtainable by a specific means which actually is dictated by dedication or time investment within the game.

Tell me, why shouldn't Blizzard have placed the items in game for free? What is your reasoning for them having a legit reason for making them cost a months subcrition? Inb4 HURR DURR it's a business, shut the hell up with that excuse, do you say that when an insurance company tries to rip you off? It seems you guys WANT to be ripped off, you literally bend over and accept it, it's so pathetic.
    It seems you guys WANT to be ripped off, you literally bend over and accept it, it's so pathetic.
    , See thats just unacceptable , and shows how YOU dont get it.

No one is being ripped off and no one is.....god geeze. You really talk to people like that? People knew these items where "worthless" and they knew it cost them money, and no one was forced to buy them, They are EXTRA. And they got exactly what they are paying for. If you devalue that you might as well devalue the weeks of game time you've spent on an entity that doesnt exist. Your character exists solely for your entertainment, and despite the fact that it is a total waste of time you do it anyways. That is your choice. And just because someone makes similar if different choices doesnt mean you have a right to harass

and just because you feel its justified (which by the way, harassment NEVER is. EVER) doesnt make it ok.

and to answer your question, the items are meant as an alternative. There are tons, literally 4 expansions and one original game worth of gear and items you can transmog with. And frankly this is BETTER than the current system in a way. The person who got X helm off Molten Core doesnt appear any different than the one who got it at lvl 90. But EVERYONE knows where these helms came from. No they didn't require a long grind. No drop rate. No in game impact. Just an alternate way of getting what you dont need.

What you are basically doing is Telling people how to have fun, and telling them how to spend their money. We all have a right to waste our time and money how we want without self righteous doom heralds who think they can see the future harassing them for no good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not via apple, that is via a god damn mobile network provider.

Do you even know the difference?
    Again. If you get a contract, Apple gets a cut. If you pay as you go, you pay significantly more for the handset and premium services. As an aside, I got my HTC One X on contract because it worked out rather cheaper than buying the handset on PAYG.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Because it's a great game. I just can't in good conscience support Blizzard with my $15/mo anymore. Blizzard is a business, and businesses make money, but I'm a customer, and I choose how to spend my money. I'm choosing not to spend it with Blizzard anymore until something changes with its payment plan. Caveat: I may return from time to time, e.g. for a month to see SoO, but I will no longer be a long-term subscriber as I have been since January 2006.

As far as what's worse now, they have taken the cash store too far while still requiring a monthly sub. It makes me feel disrespected as a customer. I have never particularly appreciated the idea of putting mounts and pets behind a paywall while still requiring a monthly fee, but it was limited in scope and I dealt with it. Transmog helms are the straw that broke the camel's back for me. My animosity towards people who purchase these helms stems from the fact that they are sending a message to Blizzard that it's okay to continue putting items behind paywalls without reforming their subscription structure, a policy which as a long time customer is insulting to me.
    Have you ever played any other MMO? I guarantee that most of them would have micro-transactions that go far beyond cosmetic items. If cosmetic items is too much insult to you, I do wonder how emotionally scarring these games must be if you were ever to play them.

Seems like you want to use time played as some way to validate your point. I see your January 2006 and I raise you December 2004. Never unsubscribed, never bought anything from the store. I don't get offended at everything a business does, because get this: life is not a bed of roses. Businesses are out to get money and they will do anything they can to increase their profits. I am not going to believe in some flowery pseudo-reality where businesses take being nice to everyone as their highest priority. I do believe that they must however respect their consumers, and so far in regards to the Blizzard Store, no "hurting of customer feelings" has occurred. I said it once and I will say it again: Cosmetic items on the game store have NO effect on the gameplay of those who do not buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    There are students on limited budget/pocket money, there are people looking for a job and cannot find in a country barely recovering from an economic crisis, there are people who do not appreciate for-sale-items in an MMO as a matter of principle. Perhaps you should get a brain,
    and those people should NOT BUY those items and not act like jerks to people who do.

Are you actually trying to say a legally binding phone contract is the same as a wow subscription?

You're reaching very hard.
    Why isn't it? They've both companies, in both cases you pay for a service that is set within certain rulesets.

Blizzard's "smart" system should detect everyone who has one of those helms in their inventory/bank/voidstorage and put them into the same dungeons/lfrs. this is leading to video game segregation. discrimination is at an all time high in 2013

What really cracks me up is that Blizzard doesn't fix the bug which prevent MANY ppl from kicking anyone for REAL reasons like being AFK and such.. My guild does LFR as a grp and we have been completely unable to initiate a kick for about 3 months now.. put in a ticket and its a "known issue" >.< Actually I havent logged in for about 2 weeks now I bet I can finally boot ppl =P

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Hows your quest to defend major corporations and their anti-consumer business practises going?
    1. Telling people to not vote kick people with the helms is not defending the corporation. Vote kicking people with the helms will literally accomplish nothing. You are punishing innocent people for nothing.

2. You are complaining about people defending a corporation while still paying them. Not giving them ANY money would send a MUCH stronger message, and that's what people are telling you to do, which is anything BUT defending the corporation and telling you "this is how you REALLY stick it to them".
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?