Page 86 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is grow up you childish children....that are complaining if someone has on a brought store mogged helm look....

Exclamation Players with store helmets being kicked out of LFR and LFG...Not good!!!!

Players with store helmets being kicked out of LFR and LFG is the same ugly thing as racism, pure & simple.
    If a person wants to spend 15 bucks on anything and use it in-game it is that person's right.
    If it offends you, look the other way, or get over it, or drop out and queue again.
    That person has the same right to purchase store helms and play the game as you do.
    My Armory - Tenzi

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Yes, I do believe the fact that I have been (or had been) a steady subscriber since January 2006 is an important point, which is that I've invested hundreds and hundreds of dollars in this game, and until recently there was no reason to expect I would not have invested hundreds more in the years to come. Now, because of the business decisions Blizzard is making, I will no longer be a durable subscriber, resubbing in the future for at most a month or two at a time to consume the content and leave. They aren't exactly creating new subscribers like me - players who stay subscribed for years - at the pace they used to, so the wisdom of spurning these kinds of players I leave up to those corporate accounting wizards many of the posters here seem to place so much faith in.

And yeah I play other MMOs. The trick up their sleeves is most of them, by which I mean every one that I have played in recent years, have flexible payment plans, ranging from a free to play option to an optional subscription with additional perks. The crux is that they invariably allow you to acquire cash shop items in game in addition to the microtransaction option, and not strictly via paywall. Maybe there are some MMOs that require a monthly subscription AND put cosmetic items behind a paywall without allowing you to acquire them in game, but the only one that I've played that does this is WoW.
    You've been a steady subscriber since 2006 and you're JUST NOW having a problem with something Blizzard has been doing since 2009. You didn't have a problem in '09 when they introduced the Panda Monk and Lil KT. You didn't have a problem in '10 when they introduced the Celestial Steed, Lil XT, Lil Rag, or the Moonkin pet. It wasn't an issue in '11 when they released the Cenarion Hatchling, Guardian Cub, or Winged Guardian. You were alright in '12 when they released Heart of the Aspects, Soul of the Aspects, and Cinder Kitten. Even this year when they released the Swift Windsteed and the Armored Bloodwing, you were fine. But these helms are the issue. Because, for some unknown reason, those items behind a paywall or so much different than every other item they've put behind a paywall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Actually pretty sweet, glad people are doing it. In one way opposing Blizzard.
    This really isn't going to do much people will take the helms off or blizzard might just remove vote kick but w/e.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    So people are butthurt now for not being able to afford a $15 transmog item? Thats hilarious.
    Those voting to kick people with helmets should seriously consider doing something to improve their living. Removing WoW might be the first item on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    No, I stop paying them and find a better insurance company.
    Of course. That's what consumers are supposed to do. That logic seems to be missing for some WoW players. Instead of voting with their feet and finding a game that doesn't "offend" them, they'd rather piss, bitch and moan. All the while continuing to pay Blizzard for the privilege of being pissed off.

It's bizzaro logic.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    lol if i was playing someone said to vote kick these people i would vote yes. for supporting something that shouldn't be in pet store. but in game via in game currency(dark moon ect) specially on a sub game now its it was f2p i say fudge it .
    So shoot the messenger?

Quote Originally Posted by bobn9lvu View Post
    Players with store helmets being kicked out of LFR and LFG is the same ugly thing as racism, pure & simple.
    If a person wants to spend 15 bucks on anything and use it in-game it is that person's right.
    If it offends you, look the other way, or get over it, or drop out and queue again.
    That person has the same right to purchase store helms and play the game as you do.
    Equating it to racism is an extreme. If you wanted to call it prejudice, that's fine, but it's nothing like racism. People have a choice in buying their helms. Nobody has a choice what color their skin is. Unless you're Michael Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    Glad players have nothing better to do then examine everyone in their group for bought stuff and kicking them. Sad.
    Way way more sad is the fact that ppl spend a whole month subscription on a shitty looking piece of armor and actually find it cool. Farm some older Tier sets like Warlock Tier 5 and oh wonder it doesn't even cost anything!

I agree 100% with ppl who kick those out of LFR, not because it would bother me if someone is wearing that helm but because they give Blizzard a reason to continue this bullshit and implement more and more items and at some point current content gear. Laugh about it, but exactly this will happen if you keep buying shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    This really isn't going to do much people will take the helms off or blizzard might just remove vote kick but w/e.
    Yeah. Blizzard will rather remove the kick feature than reconsider their item shop. Even thinking that they would because of this is so naive...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    lol if i was playing someone said to vote kick these people i would vote yes. for supporting something that shouldn't be in pet store. but in game via in game currency(dark moon ect) specially on a sub game now its it was f2p i say fudge it .
    Do you vote kick people with TCG loot? What about Blizzcon pets? Recruit a friend mount, levels, and other boosters? Annual pass mounts? SC2 CE and D3 CE pets? Arena pass pets? Why can't a subscription game offer additional things for their customers that want additional things?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Go ahead and kick them, blizzard will just make it so you can't kick the and griefers will buy it knowing you can't kick them. If you behave like an infant blizzard will install play pens.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    Well, i bought the Ice helmet and transmogged my monk in full light blue gear to fit the helmet. I never heard any complains about me wearing it, infact i've gotten a lot of compliments on my cool and individual transmog. Just ignore those idiots and enjoy your helmets

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...8nyqt/advanced <- my armory if you wanna see for yourself.
    It's a tempest in a teapot. It's quite unlikely that there is a) a epidemic of people being kicked from LFR and b) that the wow community at large is in any way upset over the new helms. This is just manufactured outrage by the minority of people who need to bitch about the next thing that will lead to the downfall of WoW.

In short, same sh*t, different topic.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

If anything it will make Blizzard more aware.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you vote kick people with TCG loot? What about Blizzcon pets? Recruit a friend mount, levels, and other boosters? Annual pass mounts? SC2 CE and D3 CE pets? Arena pass pets? Why can't a subscription game offer additional things for their customers that want additional things?
    I hope you're not expecting consistency from hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think the argument is that those things they're selling in the pet store should be offered in-game for some achievement. I agree with that sentiment. However, I don't agree that the best way to go about expressing your feelings toward Blizzard would be to vote-kick those who choose to spend their money on said items. It's just petty and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by shoja View Post
    Best comparison ever........ You need to reevaluate your life priorities if you are going to compare a game to REAL life. Are you by any chance living in your parents basement?
    He's right though, you buy some booze, it lasts as long as however long it takes you to drink it, You don't need alcohol, but some people enjoy it, it doesn't add anything significant to your life, but some people enjoy it, and once it's gone it's gone.

Transmog helms, lasts for as long as blizzard keeps the servers running, you need it, but some people get enjoyment out of it, it doesn't give any advantage in game, but some people enjoy it for what it is, and well it lasts a lot longer than some beer or pizza

You don't have to purchase these items if you don't want to, you won't lose out on the main core of the game by not purchasing them, just like I don't lose out on anything by choosing to not spend my money on alcohol.

People are free to spend their cash on whatever they feel is worth it to them, not you, or anyone elses opinions on the matter.

The only thing I have a slight gripe against all this, is the price, I feel personally that they aren't worth it, so guess what? I don't buy them and continue enjoying the game anyway /gasp

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Equating it to racism is an extreme. If you wanted to call it prejudice, that's fine, but it's nothing like racism. People have a choice in buying their helms. Nobody has a choice what color their skin is. Unless you're Michael Jackson.
    It's been confirmed that MJ had the disease he claimed he did.

You are, of course, spot on about racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    All I can say is grow up you childish children....that are complaining if someone has on a brought store mogged helm look....
    They grow up already, they owned the game now, brace yourselves!. Now in a serious note, this is very interesting thing,
    purely society behavior, even if i dislike the cash shop, you cant blame people for using it, because it's there, but
    it seems there are a few people that really hate this option, so they are trying to say:

"We re not quitting because we love the game, but we don't like this new feature"

So everything is a about opinions and Hard Feelings, hehe, HARD FEELING = $15 blizzard store.
    Last edited by Grevie; 2013-07-20 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    That is not via apple, that is via a god damn mobile network provider.

Do you even know the difference?

The analogy is still valid because it's not about the reason one is protesting, but the way in which one is protesting. The way in the analogy and here are similar.

Because you disagree with their business practices, you bully people who buy the products.

Because people disagree with Apple's business practices, people should therefore bully people who buy the products instead of boycotting through.. not buying their stuff?

Are you trying to be stupid?