wonder how many additional helms this thread has sold? I want one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Cause maybe that would get you waking up to the real world where ppl have been talking about how lack of new 5 mans are hurting mop and the sub base. You know... the real world where the devs have actually admitted that having those 5 mans now would help?
    Yeah, you're going to need to provide actual evidence of this. And not vague answers about people complaining but actual developer and blue posts which support your claim. You don't have a stellar track record, so yeah, I'll need proof.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    U truly didnt read anything i wrote did u...

This protest is not against the helms, its against Blizzard.

Theyre kicking players from LFR to cause such a stink that Blizzard will have to do something. That stink is obviously working judging by the forum response. Whether its enough for Blizzard to adress the issue remains to be seen.

Also u have to realise that kicking players out of LFR is not 'attacking players' as u put it. If players with these helms r getting attacked then thats a totally different thread.

Ur welcome to make the assumption that this kind of protest will achieve nothing, but the fact is that only time will tell if this form of protesting will get any results.
    So singling out players is not something against that player, but against Blizzard? I fail to see the logic there.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Or back in 2007 when the Paid Server Transfers/Character services were being offered.

This has been said again and again, with whatever they release that soon we'd be "pay-to-win" yet we are quite far from that at all, and have so far remained almost entirely cosmetic. The exception would be the planned XP buff (if it even hits NA/EU), which is essentially the same as RAF.

It's sad that people can't buy something cosmetic which they like without the annoyance of being kicked or harassed.

We've been hearing the same doomsaying and heralding since 2006 when the Paid Server/Account transfers were released, and we'll hear it, sadly, until the end of time. It's just like the "WoW is dying" crowd which have been reading the game's last rights since March of '05.
    I find it more sad that a paying subscriber can not expect a subscription driven game to have those items that are available for sale in store... also available through other means - including gameplay and even black market auction house.

I can understand a F2P game having few items that you can not get through any other means than paying directly for it. But I can not see how a subscription based game that is now apparently reworking their business model ... is not able to then implement a system where the subscribers at least have a choice to pay more.. or earn the items ingame.

But since BLizzard is now working on new model.. I think its only very fair to ask them why they are not ready to implement such a system in their subscription based game.

I look no more ignorant with my baseless claims than the majority of people in this thread then, I guess.
    Well that I can agree with.

5 man dungeons have not been core content since Blizzard made them catch-up mechanics. The moment they made the iLvl of the gear in new 5mans rival the same expansion's previous raid tiers, they became pointless after getting the gear you wanted.
    This only applies to people that actually progress further, which is a small % overall.

Remember the Hour of Twilight dungeons? Instant epics that beat Firelands normal gear. Once I had my gear from them, the only reason I did them again was for easy valor. Now there are many ways to get valor so I don't need to run the same few dungeons mindlessly.
    Well considering we haven't seen those since, I'd hazard to say blizzard realized how absurdly easy it was to gear with those. I would say todays 5mans are more relevant than those, especially because of challenge modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must admit, never seen this happen. Though I have heard about it on the forums, and it really confuses me. Who would kick people just because they have spent money on an item they might like?

That is like kicking a person out of a bar for ordering a beer of a different brand than what all others would drink. Really, I wouldn't go an call people pathetic for it, even though it seems to fit well. Maybe a little envious? I have no idea, it's just pixels that's different from what you pick up from some rotten corpse.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    Votekick is there to remove players from the group who are acting like Jerks or preventing the group from progressing due to bad skill, bad gear or being AFK.

The system can be abused by jerks who kick people to troll or be an asshole. Thats what it is, abuse.

All players who vote to kick someone for a douchebag reason and those who click yes to the douchebag votekick should be banned for abuse of game mechanics.
    People have been kicked for no reason since 'Vote Kick' was implemented. Probably the most common is when a group of guys from a guild get into LFR and theyre after particular drops so they kick out all the guys of the same class. Or they just kick out players to make room for their buddies. This has been common since Cata.

LFR kick is always being abused, its kinda interesting that there is more uproar against protesters using the kick feature than against the guilds who abused it against innocent players.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I fail to see where I said they wouldn't help. Oh, I never said that.

I was merely pointing out to you that 5 mans dungeons have not been core components for quite some time.
    Your opinion - not facts. Blizzard pointing out that it would help to have them now shows its obviously more of a core feature than you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    What if that was the OP's goal all along? What if he's secretly a supporter of this and he's playing to bad guy to gather even more support?

The plot thickens...

Someone please list the reasons they ran the ZA and ZG five mans. I'm looking for reasons other than "I needed the gear catch-up" LFR does that, "I needed my points capped" dailies/scenarios/lfr/raids/previous 5 mans all satisfy that function perfectly fine, "I wanted to see the new content" this only applies to the first time you complete it, "i wanted to practice playing my character" LFR/scenarios/previous 5 mans all still work perfectly fine for this, and "I wanted the mounts" if this is your reason it would imply that any added 5 mans without unique mounts/pets are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Blizzard pointing out that it would help to have them now shows its obviously more of a core feature than you think.
    Stilllllll waiting on that citation, buddy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    So singling out players is not something against that player, but against Blizzard? I fail to see the logic there.
    Players who wear the healm might as well wear a Tshirt that says "I love the new Blizzard Cashshop"

Ur basically advertising that u approve of this latest move forward in the game. Its far more than just wanting to look pretty, u r telling everyone u want a Cashshop.

Therefore u make yourself an obvious target for the players who r aggressively against the cash-shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    For YOU maybe, but you're discounting a HUGE portion of the playerbase that doesn't do much beyond small groups. They make up more of the player base than those of us that actually do raid and progress to higher levels of content.
    I never said they weren't relevant, did I?

It's a stone cold fact that 5 mans used to be the only content for people who didn't raid. People have lots of choices beyond 5 mans these days. They absolutely don't have the importance as they used to.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    Someone please list the reasons they ran the ZA and ZG five mans. I'm looking for reasons other than "I needed the gear catch-up" LFR does that, "I needed my points capped" dailies/scenarios/lfr/raids/previous 5 mans all satisfy that function perfectly fine, "I wanted to see the new content" this only applies to the first time you complete it, "i wanted to practice playing my character" LFR/scenarios/previous 5 mans all still work perfectly fine for this, and "I wanted the mounts" if this is your reason it would imply that any added 5 mans without unique mounts/pets are irrelevant.
    How about.... because they wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    You know what's truly outrageous, though? Gems. Gems are truly, truly, truly outrageous.
    I howled. Then I felt very, very old. Damn you.

People have been kicked for no reason since 'Vote Kick' was implemented. Probably the most common is when a group of guys from a guild get into LFR and theyre after particular drops so they kick out all the guys of the same class. Or they just kick out players to make room for their buddies. This has been common since Cata.

LFR kick is always being abused, its kinda interesting that there is more uproar against protesters using the kick feature than against the guilds who abused it against innocent players.
    You...do not appear to know how LFR works at all. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Ditto!
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2013-07-20 at 06:33 PM.

You should've been on the forums when it was first possible. Both reasons are douche moves and that's also the reason I nearly always click no when I see the kick button appear. I don't have a problem kicking people who tried to kick for those reasons though.

Players who wear the healm might as well wear a Tshirt that says "I love the new Blizzard Cashshop"

Ur basically advertising that u approve of this latest move forward in the game. Its far more than just wanting to look pretty, u r telling everyone u want a Cashshop.

Therefore u make yourself an obvious target for the players who r aggressively against the cash-shop.
    Or maybe they thought the helm was cool looking and bought it accordingly. If they put something on the store that I liked enough, I would but it. Yet, I'm against a cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Cosmetic items never have and never will ruin someone else's game experience, they have ZERO impact on you. And as long as subs remain in the millions, a sub model will be more profitable for Blizz than f2p.
    There is a problem with this line of thought. People in this game want things to be available in game, they want to work for them, achieve them in that sense. If you start putting "cool" things into a store model, it removes any sense of that progression, of that development, and of that accomplishment.

Now I know that there are only a few items there now. But if Blizzard sees this as a success, they will seek to put more effort there. If there is more effort (and the the subsequent items) it takes more out of the game and puts more into a store.

That is probably one of the primary reasons most people are getting fed up with that type of model, because there is no accomplishment (for those that seek that).

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    How about.... because they wanted to?
    So desire makes something a core component of the game? BATTLE PETS ARE NOW A CORE COMPONENT OF THE GAME BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE WANT THEM. #LOGIC

New? How the hell is the store new.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    I never said they weren't relevant, did I?

It's a stone cold fact that 5 mans used to be the only content for people who didn't raid. People have lots of choices beyond 5 mans these days. They absolutely don't have the importance as they used to.

I really hope you're not trying to argue semantics. You stated that have lower importance, which is tantamount to lower relevance.

Not to mention challenge modes put a hole in your logic.