Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    Not if its LFR or LFG its not. LFG and LFR are random you asked for random people you got random people.
    I hardly do LFR/LFG. In fact I don't even pay attention to what people wear half the time in those instances. But I would do it, if prompted by others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    Obviously were gonna kick you and harass you since that's apparently logical and civil
    Oh geez man. I never said I would do anything of the sort, don't say I did something I never said I would do. Harass, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobn9lvu View Post
    Players with store helmets being kicked out of LFR and LFG is the same ugly thing as racism, pure & simple.
    If a person wants to spend 15 bucks on anything and use it in-game it is that person's right.
    If it offends you, look the other way, or get over it, or drop out and queue again.
    That person has the same right to purchase store helms and play the game as you do.

Its not racism at all. You really need to look up what racism is.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Only someone who feels threatened says what you say. I'm not doing anything to hurt another person other than accepting the idea that I wouldn't want to group with people that have those types of things. It's my choice, and I'll do what I want in this fantasy game. And if that means protesting Blizzard by not accepting others who have done one thing or another, that's my choice. Don't like it? What are you going to do about it?
    You're being a responsible consumer. There's nothing wrong with it.
    If you don't like Blizzards actions? "Tough!" says the forums.

Likewise, if you don't like the consumers response "tough, my friends."

I don't think it's fair to call it harassment either, it's always been up to the players choice on who they can play with.
    Players with store helmets being kicked out of LFR and LFG is the same ugly thing as racism, pure & simple.
    If a person wants to spend 15 bucks on anything and use it in-game it is that person's right.
    If it offends you, look the other way, or get over it, or drop out and queue again.
    That person has the same right to purchase store helms and play the game as you do.
    Good lord... here's just one huge reason why you're wrong:
    -players CHOSE to buy the helmets, people don't PICK their skin color.

Secondly, if a person doesn't want to play with you then it's that person's right.
    If it offends you, find another group or get over it, drop out and queue again.
    That person has the right play with anyone he chooses as you do.

See what I did there?
    Last edited by HeedmySpeed; 2013-07-20 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    I was using them to show how popular 5mans really are.
    In an argument about the amount of support Blizzard is giving 5 mans this expansion...while arguing against the people making the point that they have received a sufficient amount of support in reference to the amount of use they provide. Five mans have been obsoleted as gear catch-ups by other systems in the game. Challenge modes maintain the same level of function and are not obsoleted by gear, so they remain relevant. This helps reduce the need for new five man content.

Quote Originally Posted by avprox777 View Post
    There's been a cash shop since WotLK bro. You bought mounts and pets from it, which also cost 15 dollars.
    15 dollars for a mount =/ 15 dollars for a helmet, bro.

Cash shop =/ blizzard store that sells merch, mounts and pets.

Cash shops usually also include an in game browser and time saving consumables at the very least. That is what is coming and that is what the helmets are preparing us for.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    As someone that says they're civil, calm, and reasonable. Why is it if you get into a situation with someone else that you don't agree with, does that mean THEY have to go, instead of removing YOURSELF from the situation? Wouldn't refusing to paticipate in something on a basis like that be the more mature, reasonable, RESPECTFUL thing to do than attacking people by denying them the ability to play the game?
    I not doing anything of the sort. I usually leave, but if I am prompted by others, then I'll vote with them.

I don't agree with the cash shop, which means that I will make it known to a few people that I know that I don't agree with it. Simple. I'm not going to go out of my way to harass anyone, something I have NEVER done in this game.

Don't try to make this to be some sort of evil plot. I'm not going out of my way to do anything of the sort, nor have I claimed to have ever done it. I have claimed that I would do it. But that doesn't mean I have. I don't agree with what they did, but I'm not victimizing anyone by saying I don't want to group with them.
    You could just leave the group instead of forcing some random person to play this game differently. It's not his/her fault that you feel the need to inconvenience them because of something someone else did.

I not doing anything of the sort. I usually leave, but if I am prompted by others, then I'll vote with them.

I don't agree with the cash shop, which means that I will make it known to a few people that I know that I don't agree with it. Simple. I'm not going to go out of my way to harass anyone, something I have NEVER done in this game.
    Telling people you're offended they bought a helm because it supports something you're opposed to is cool. More of that please.

Votekicking them or anything else is harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I like the fact that the way you started this post was to say I feel threatened, which I don't, but then you ended by essentially threatening me.

If you are willingly agreeing to kick people from LFR or LFD or even Scenarios simply because they have one of these helms, then you are hurting them. You are wasting their time and spoiling the game for them.
    And they are making the game worse (eventually) by promoting Blizzard and their policies of changing the game state (slowly but surely) towards something that I will no longer enjoy because of what is coming. How do I protest that? By making it known.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Revisionist history.

Dungeons started off pretty easy, with a handful being hard. Those that were hard were largely so because they were tuned for more people. Blizz made them easier by reducing the number and strength of mobs so smaller groups could complete them.

Heroic dungeons were all over the place - some were no harder than the regular modes, while some (Shattered Halls) were fairly challenging unless you had a specific class composition (or a paladin tank to ignore all mechanics). Blizz ultimately made an effort to smooth things out and equalize them to a more consistent level.

Raids were always introduced untuned and even broken so as to be impossible without extreme edge-cases of buff stacking and mechanics exploiting. Invariably they got tuned and deemed "easier". In some cases because they were made easier in some cases because they were made possible as intended.

so on so forth.
    Looking at the posters and the player base that Top Progression guilds have to recruit from, there isn't much of a choice. People in the game just aren't smart enough or are too lazy using excuses to hide their inability to push a few buttons and not stand in fire. It is sad really seeing a human being incapable of playing a very simple game. The mentality is a disease of entitlement just like this thread, whining what other people have. Blizzard isnt going to stop selling silly cosmetic gear that has no effect on the game. People can post every second of everyday and it wont matter.

I hardly do LFR/LFG. In fact I don't even pay attention to what people wear half the time in those instances. But I would do it, if prompted by others.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh geez man. I never said I would do anything of the sort, don't say I did something I never said I would do. Harass, please.
    Ah yes but from the very logic shown by this thread its perfectly fine to harass you and insult you because your supporting something I don't like
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    15 dollars for a mount =/ 15 dollars for a helmet, bro.

Cash shop =/ blizzard store that sells merch, mounts and pets.

Cash shops usually also include an in game browser and time saving consumables at the very least. That is what is coming and that is what the helmets are preparing us for.
    If you mean the XP boost elixir, we've had a paid XP boost service for years already.

If people didn't want everyone to see what a shill they are for blizzard they shouldn't of joined LFG / LFR wearing their "I love to toss blizzards salad" helmet on.

I wouldn't want to play with those people either, would vote them off as well, as is my right. As much of a right you guys have to support disgusting business practice, I have more of a right to not play with you, let alone help you progress your character LOL, yea get real, get out of my groups I wont have it.

And they are making the game worse (eventually) by promoting Blizzard and their policies of changing the game state (slowly but surely) towards something that I will no longer enjoy because of what is coming. How do I protest that? By making it known.
    Two friends of mine just received their first bans since playing wow which is 7 years ago. I fraps LFR now and send it in with my GM ticket showing the harassment, I am glad they are banned and i will continue to fraps and hopefully get more people banned. Not happy and whiny, then leave the game, or sit in your 3 day ban whining more on here.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Blizzard isnt going to stop selling silly cosmetic gear that has no effect on the game. People can post every second of everyday and it wont matter.
    Really the only part of this post that's worth acknowledgment. I tend to agree they've made their decision and they knew what they were getting into before they did - but they've changed course in the past so never say never. There's no harm in people expressing their opinion so long as they can do it without frothing at the mouth and harassing other players over it.

You voting with them is contributing to their harassment. You're agreeing to the mentality that they're the ones that should go instead of yourself by doing so. You can try to justify it anyway you want, but that won't change the fact that you're still contributing to a bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    You could just leave the group instead of forcing some random person to play this game differently. It's not his/her fault that you feel the need to inconvenience them because of something someone else did.
    I don't do that, I already said that multiple times. I said I would do that if prompted. And I mostly shy away from confrontations, but this is something that nags me. It's a move that I don't agree with. There are many times in History where people have been ostracized for promoting something that others don't like. Now I'm not saying I agree with that, because I don't. People play this game to have fun. But there is a time where promoting the practice that is going into effect is a good time to say something.

This is so damn silly.

Better start kicking players who buy mounts and pets so that you can remain consistent and preserve intellectual integrity. Otherwise, this is just a fad reaction. Like the people in real life who paid $5 for five bracelets and go around telling everyone they just helped fight world hunger, aids, cancer, genocide and human trafficking. Then forget about them all in 1 month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    If people didn't want everyone to see what a shill they are for blizzard they shouldn't of joined LFG / LFR wearing their "I love to toss blizzards salad" helmet on.

I wouldn't want to play with those people either, would vote them off as well, as is my right. As much of a right you guys have to support disgusting business practice, I have more of a right to not play with you, let alone help you progress your character LOL, yea get real, get out of my groups I wont have it.
    Enjoy your ban. I have seen two people banned thus far and my GM a warning of a 3 day ban if he continue to harass. Fraps will weed a lot of you out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You're right. Knew I'd missed something.
    Nobody cared about the panda. It's ok. :P