Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Too bad you're horde.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=47239#. is fucking sick with the CM gear for alliance.
    I used that for a while before we transferred, but the long end clips through your legs all the time :/

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    For progression purposes, the sword will probably be nice, simply because it drops so early in the instance.
    Yeah, although it wouldn't surprise me if one of the deeper bosses ends up way easier on HM than the 4th one the sword is off of. Looking forward to heroic raid testing and heroic 25 raid testing in particular.

I just want to be fem dorf , so I'm gonna pretend mace is amazing.

Our Tier 16 stats seem to have been implemented in this latest build. Same name as T15 at the moment, but different stats/sockets now. Of course, being PTR, the stats/socket colors can still change. That is a lot of red sockets. However, pretty decent stats with most pieces having haste.

Paladin Tier 16 [553 item level]

Head
    +1328 Haste
    +1164 Mastery
    1 Red Socket
    +180 Crit Socket Bonus

Shoulders
    +996 Expertise
    +925 Mastery
    2 Red Sockets
    +120 Str Socket Bonus

Chest
    +1288 Haste
    +1232 Mastery
    3 Red sockets
    +180 Dodge Socket Bonus (Likely a bug)

Gloves
    +711 Hit
    +1097 Haste
    2 Red Sockets
    +120 Str Socket Bonus

Legs
    +1408 Crit
    +1137 Haste
    2 Yellow Sockets
    +120 Str Socket Bonus
    Kaizen of Mannoroth <Reckoning>
    US 11 H 16/16 - Tier 14
    US 9 H 13/13 - Tier 15
    US 8 H 14/14 - Tier 16

Distance hearts, when rejoined as one... May find the light within.

Just wow, looking at those stats it wouldn't even be a bad thing to wear 5/5 tier considering we'll probably be able to use all the hit/expertise on it to it's full potential as well. Going to be really easy to reach 50% haste next tier if these stats don't change a lot.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Shoulders look to be our obvious offpiece then, need to math out potential hit and exp with gems and enchants etc still though.
    I'll update OP with links to the tier pieces asap.

*edit*
    OP updated with tier pieces, note that protection tier gloves have more haste and expertise instead of hit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh goodie, looks like I get to play Draenei next tier! WOOO SQUIDFACE!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on early item setups, hard to predict still but as far as I've seen the double blue socket shoulders are best offset. Heroic ilvls, "thunderforged" and valor upgrades are going to fuck everything up again. Coming up atm with 120 exp rating over cap and 50 hit over cap, higher ilvl items will make these higher meaning we'll most likely take the crit + mastery neck and so on.
    Feel free to chip in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Human and dwarf paladins will most likely be looking at the mace, unless the tier pieces have insane expertise gains.
    we can gem exp/haste gems in red sockets, there's overall not a lot of exp on gear next tier. there's also somewhat a lack of hit so even Draenei looks like a good option, going draenei will allow you to go a crit item instead of a hit item and reforge that crit to whatever's needed.

the 553 non valor non "TF" gear setup I'm looking at already gives us 11k mastery unbuffed and around 17k haste. That's ofc unbuffed and without taking professions into consideration. No doubt in my mind that in BiS we'll look at around 14-16k mastery and 18-19k haste depedning on which trinkets we end up using, specifically the % increase of mastery and haste, which I didn't take into consideration with the estimates. We can chose to go to the 21-22k mark where gcd gets to what we want but with the % rating trinket the haste rating needed is going to drop to around 18-19k leaving more room for mastery. Hell, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we end up running with haste and mastery at equal ratings.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-07-19 at 01:37 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Not sure about where is this haste thing going. We will have to press our buttons a lot faster in order to keep up with others in dps charts. And yet we will be out dps`ed
    by a guy playing other class with 1.5 sec gcd. After 4 hours of raiding your hands will be in pain and u wont be top dps in team as a reward

Quote Originally Posted by Angelyka View Post
    Not sure about where is this haste thing going. We will have to press our buttons a lot faster in order to keep up with others in dps charts. And yet we will be out dps`ed
    by a guy playing other class with 1.5 sec gcd. After 4 hours of raiding your hands will be in pain and u wont be top dps in team as a reward
    Haha I agree with you, I liked ret back when we had 1.5 gcd, it's a comfortable pace in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    Haha I agree with you, I liked ret back when we had 1.5 gcd, it's a comfortable pace in my opinion.
    Yep. I have some input lag, and on the pull keeping up shit sucks. I was prepulling with the Kafa press rare item the other day, and it's impossible to keep up with that kind of haste(with my input lag at least)

Deleted
    Never liked ret more than now, for me its the best playable paladin ever with the most to do fun factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Yep. I have some input lag, and on the pull keeping up shit sucks. I was prepulling with the Kafa press rare item the other day, and it's impossible to keep up with that kind of haste(with my input lag at least)
    May be a silly question, but have you tried adjusting UI to have ability fire on key press, rather than key release? May buy you a few MS back, if you haven't already done so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I've had abilities done on key press rather than release for years, everyone should have it set as well :P

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I've had abilities done on key press rather than release for years, everyone should have it set as well :P
    Agreed, that's why I led with "may be a silly question, but..."

As a DPS, and 99% of the time as a tank, there is no reason NOT to do this. However, I know that sometimes as a healer I've enjoyed leaving the option off so as not to waste a (instant) heal that was just sniped. I've "held" abilities as a tank, as well, but those times are quite rare. Still, as a DPS, there is pretty much no reason to, ever. May help comensate for Revvo's latency a tad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna know wich trinkets becomes to be a BiS at 5.4?

Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun Heroic TF
    And
    5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Str DPS Trinket (4) ( STR - Proc Critical)

way to early to decide what's going to be BiS, but before the crit trinket got broken (intentionally afaik) on PTR it gave 40% crit with a 60% uptime (on normal ilvl, gg).
    If it stays like that when it's fixed then it's going to be mandetory, after that it's a throwdown between the cd reducing trinket and the % amplification trinket.
    If they fix the crit trinket enough (like I think they will) the CD reducing trinket and the % stat amplification trinket will be the 2 best trinkets, that said I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having 3 trinkets next tier and swap around depending on the fight.

I'll update OP according to latest PTR build.
    *edit*
    OP is up to date as of July 25th
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-07-25 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Agreed, that's why I led with "may be a silly question, but..."

As a DPS, and 99% of the time as a tank, there is no reason NOT to do this. However, I know that sometimes as a healer I've enjoyed leaving the option off so as not to waste a (instant) heal that was just sniped. I've "held" abilities as a tank, as well, but those times are quite rare. Still, as a DPS, there is pretty much no reason to, ever. May help comensate for Revvo's latency a tad.
    Haven't looked at this thread in a bit, but yes I do have trigger on downpress on.

Does going over 50% Melee Haste give any advantage? or wouldn't it be better to gem/reforge to 21250 haste and then to mastery? When we get the 14% crit/haste trinket we could even reforge haste away to stay at a 50% haste cap. Raidbuffed I am at 48% haste on live with suboptimal 540 gear.

I wonder what will happen to haste once 5.4 hits and I gear up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

Are we really that good on AOE? I read of 2 PPM on the cloak. And the 4T16 Bonus procs quite nice, but I won't be having 4T16 for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

Just as a reminder.
    Our aoe has the highest potential of all specs next tier (thanks to 4set and Divine Purpose working together), now having the highest potential doesn't mean shit, really.
    Think about it, we need to hit 4+ targets, that's 4 targets being inside a 8 yard aoe and those 4+ targets living long enough to make our magic do it's bling bling...
    It's all promising and while it's unlikely that we're gonna see this tier going to make us gods it still provides us with a niche previously given to demo locks alone, I agree with Dakeshi though. If they do decide to adjust our numbers midpatch (which I suspect they will) they'll either nerf the chance on hit of the 4set, which makes it completely useless in any single target fight (or encounters where melee cleave/aoe isn't viable) which will indirectly force us to use our current 4set tier or just go with 2set T16 and offset items if we got higher ilvl or better itemized options.

my point is that ret aoe isn't really "explosive" meaning we get a bigger benefit of things staying alive for longer, mostly because of T16 4set.
    If we ever see a wind lord whatever his name was fight again (the one after Garalon in the klaxxi raid) you'll see the effects of T16 4set + Divine Purpose.
    Since our aoe has no cd and we can pretty much sustain that aoe forever the fights with consistent aoe is going to be good (assuming we can get range to everything), warlocks, dks, warriors (bladestorm) and so on all have their aoe somehow tied to a cooldown which ret won't have with 4set T16.

You say council is our weakness NOW, yeah... but I doubt it'll be with 4set T16 and DP and we're actually able to hit 3-4+ mobs with Divine Storm.
    Like I said (and you briefly) our aoe isn't tied with cooldowns when we have T16 4set, that puts us in a unique place which is going to make us strong.