10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Enjoy your ban. I have seen two people banned thus far and my GM a warning of a 3 day ban if he continue to harass. Fraps will weed a lot of you out.
    I gotta call BS. Blizzard has said people can kick you for no reason if they want too.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Clearly it's only players who support the Cash shop who are bothered by this news.

I don't get why you are bothered though, people don't want to play with you. It's as simple as that.
    It'd be like if someone in your raid group was playing poorly or there was an "elitist" in your group.
    You don't want to play with those players.

This has always existed why be upset about it now? Oh because this time you're the one being kicked.
    No sympathy.
    That's not the same at all!!!! I don't support the shop, I hardly even play anymore, and what I'm against is players being ostracized for a cosmetic item. Someone plays like crap (and doesn't want to listen to advice) fine kick them, someone thinks they are better than everyone else (and really aren't) I can understand wanting them removed. Someone in the group that plays perfectly fine doesn't say a word to anyone, and just wants to get his dungeon done and get out, but gets kicked for having a transmog item that he thought looked neat and just happened to have $15 dollars laying around for it. That is completely different and it is complete bullying.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I don't want the hat wearers on ignore. If they're on ignore then I can't kick them to teach them a lesson. I'm doing them a favour. I'm letting them know that using real life cash to buy gear in the game is wrong, and that the majority thinks it's wrong. They're being shamed, and they're being inconvenienced. Waiting in queue will give them time to think about what they did, and the ramifications it has on the future of this game. If there is even a slight chance they hesitate in a few weeks when Blizzard puts weapons in the store then I did my job. If not, then I look forward to kicking them again in the future. Some people have difficulty learning and it takes them longer, that's ok.
    Nothing you do can cause me to feel shame or modify my behavior. I'm a tank and I get instant queues, and my alt is a healer and gets even more instant queues. If anything I'll go buy more hats and gift them out. It was caterwauling like yours that caused me to buy a hat in the first place after all.

If either of us puts the other on ignore however, then we'll never see each other in any LFR ever. Win for both sides. You don't want to see people with hats - you have the very real power to do something about it - out yourself so you can be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    You done arguing with your strawman yet?
    It's not an argument. For that to happen we'd have to be debating something. I just answered your question with my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    If you park your porsche on a public road, don't be surprised if it has scratches in the paint after a few days.
    I think it is self-evident that this is way worse than getting kicked out of a LFR group.
    However, the principle stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I gotta call BS. Blizzard has said people can kick you for no reason if they want too.
    Just like people call BS as long as nobody provides a single screenshot of a kick solely because of someone wearing the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    But by causing an uproar with the people who bought it (Those people complaining to Blizzard) it brings more attention to the issue these people are having, it makes it hard for Blizzard to ignore it and sweep it under the rug. Yes some people are "hurt" in the process, but it's one of few ways for people to get the issue heard. People can say "Cancel your subscription" while I agree it helps, but what if Blizzard just introduces more items to the shop to make the difference? You "voting with your wallet" successfully did nothing.
    And while it did nothing, the people quitting will never run into people who bought the helmets ever again. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I don't want the hat wearers on ignore. If they're on ignore then I can't kick them to teach them a lesson. I'm doing them a favour. I'm letting them know that using real life cash to buy gear in the game is wrong, and that the majority thinks it's wrong. They're being shamed, and they're being inconvenienced. Waiting in queue will give them time to think about what they did, and the ramifications it has on the future of this game. If there is even a slight chance they hesitate in a few weeks when Blizzard puts weapons in the store then I did my job. If not, then I look forward to kicking them again in the future. Some people have difficulty learning and it takes them longer, that's ok.
    You're just a bully trying to justify being horrible to others. Nothing more to it than that. You pay for a virtual game each month so that pays for blizzard directly just as much as buying from an in game store (hint they are experimenting with other game models free to play market has a BIG impact on this_)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I agree. There was a 200 page thread on the WoW forums discussing player disapproval of these helms before they were released, yet they decided to ignore it and release them anyway. It is obvious our feedback there on this issue means very little to them, so the only other option was to take it to the game.
    Not only was it 200 pages. But every post that was created elsewhere was deleted (not moved). The name of the 200 page topic was also changed few times to try to make all talk about anything related to the store end up there. I think we can safely say that BLizzard tried their very best to keep this under wrap and as low profile as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    If you park your porsche on a public road, don't be surprised if it has scratches in the paint after a few days.
    Nah. I live in a civilized country.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    True - just change the transmog or hide helmet and you will not be bothered by this. Simple.
    Why don't you just leave the instance if it has people in it with the helmets? You'll get another in 20 minutes. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    People being mad because I have disposable income and can spend it on things I find aesthetically pleasing, and they can't/won't out of arrogance/pride.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I've had a car key'd by someone before, its pathetic. Jealousy/spite is a bad thing =[ hell even had tyres slashed (along with 5 other cars in the same car park on the same day) wish I caught the criminal who did this so we can bring them to justice :/
    I caught someone in the act of stealing my car cd player once. His head and my car door became very good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Not only was it 200 pages. But every post that was created elsewhere was deleted (not moved). The name of the 200 page topic was also changed few times to try to make all talk about anything related to the store end up there. I think we can safely say that BLizzard tried their very best to keep this under wrap and as low profile as possible.
    I honestly think that is partly why players who disapprove of this are as angry as they are and why they are taking measures like the ones stated in this thread. In the past, it always felt like when disapproval was so large Blizzard would listen (like Real ID on the forums), but in this instance it was just shameful to watch how they handled this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I agree. There was a 200 page thread on the WoW forums discussing player disapproval of these helms before they were released, yet they decided to ignore it and release them anyway. It is obvious our feedback there on this issue means very little to them, so the only other option was to take it to the game.

The only way you can protest in the game is canceling subscription and not playing the game. Sadly not enough will do this and blizzard will continue to add items to the cash shop endless.

Stat gear is inevitable. It will start of with low quality armor,their excuse will be that the armor is worst then dungeon armor and it's sold to help alts get into dungeons faster.
    Last edited by Haytham; 2013-07-20 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I think it is self-evident that this is way worse than getting kicked out of a LFR group.
    However, the principle stays the same.

Just like people call BS as long as nobody provides a single screenshot of a kick solely because of someone wearing the helmet.
    Fact

Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The situations you list don't make you immune to vote kicks.

If the people in your party don't commonly kick others, and have the ability to come to a general consensus, they can kick you for no reason(if they really wanted). But, that will impact their ability to kick others in the future. My guess is that you happened upon multiple groups that don't commonly kick, and you gave them a reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I caught someone in the act of stealing my car cd player once. His head and my car door became very good friends.
    While I don't normally condone violence, this did make me chuckle.

It's not harassment to vote kick.

Only when you start repeated name calling and whispering ill will is it considered harassment...... and even then you have the ignore function.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    The only way you can protest in the game if canceling subscription and not playing the game. Sadly not enough will do this and blizzard will continue to add items to the cash shop endless.

Stat gear is inevitable. It will start of with low quality armor,their excuse will be that the armor is worst then dungeon armor and it's sold to help alts get into dungeons faster.
    I personally have done that, but I don't think other players should have to quit the game because they don't approve of business practices by Blizzard, shunning people with the helm is I guess their way of protesting it without having to leave a game they still enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Why don't you just leave the instance if it has people in it with the helmets? You'll get another in 20 minutes. Simple.
    Everyone always has a choice what they do. I can not decide how everyone else will behave... even if you think you can. Just pointed out that if ppl dont want to be kicked for wearing the store helmet... then just hide helmet and problem solved. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    While I don't normally condone violence, this did make me chuckle.
    What violence? I just had some severe difficulty closing my car door, because his head was accidentally in the way. I kept trying though, because if at first you don't succeed... try try again.