Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    But by causing an uproar with the people who bought it (Those people complaining to Blizzard) it brings more attention to the issue these people are having, it makes it hard for Blizzard to ignore it and sweep it under the rug. Yes some people are "hurt" in the process, but it's one of few ways for people to get the issue heard. People can say "Cancel your subscription" while I agree it helps, but what if Blizzard just introduces more items to the shop to make the difference? You "voting with your wallet" successfully did nothing.
    If it were this big of a problem, you and everyone else against it refusing to group with people by leaving if you get grouped with them sends a more powerful, not to mention more mature message, that will more likely be taken seriously. As it stands, you're trying to bully people into forcing a company to change its tactics. Not only is that not going to work, because they aren't going to respond because you've thrown this safely into the realm of misconduct instead of it making a statement, but you now have blizzard AND the playerbase that you're slowly polarizing against you, both seeing you as people that can't express themselves without resorting to childish measures. That will guarantee they don't take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    What violence? I just had some severe difficulty closing my car door, because his head was accidentally in the way. I kept trying though, because if at first you don't succeed... try try again.
    I just got this image of a melon popping. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    What's wrong with leaving the group yourself if you don't agree with how some people play?
    Only way someone gets kicked is if the majority wants them gone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Fact
    I think you missed the point.
    I didn't deny that you can kick someone because of it - but I think that it actually doesn't happen; at least not very often.

100 pages ago people asked for a screenshot showing such a kick. Nobody posted one yet.
    Obviously, if someone posts stuff like 'You poor?' it's a different story. But solely because someone wears such a helm? In this regard, I call BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Nah. I live in a civilized country.
    You think things like that aren't happening in Denmark? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, that you're not supposed to gain anything ingame by using unfair or unethical means, like cash.
    Because now it is ethical to kick someone for a LFR for buying a transmog helmet, to discriminate them for their cosmetic tastes? It is a huge attack against their rights; you are discriminating them for their looks. You don't like it? Fine. That does not give you the right to exclude someone from a group because they do not agree with your opinion. And that still stands whatever the majority says. They are human just like you, so both of you can join and finish a LFR without being kicked for no apparent reason.

Only way someone gets kicked is if the majority wants them gone
    In LFD that may be true, but not in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I've had a car key'd by someone before, its pathetic. Jealousy/spite is a bad thing =[ hell even had tyres slashed (along with 5 other cars in the same car park on the same day) wish I caught the criminal who did this so we can bring them to justice :/
    Yeah, envy is absolutely a problem in today's society. I think that's part of why people feel so strongly about this, though, is because WoW is kind of a "escape" from the real-world for a lot of people, but with microtransactions, it's now putting your real finances as a direct indicator of what content you'll be able to access. Basically, I fully respect people who work hard and make a lot of money for it, but they already reap the benefits of that money in real-life; I'd prefer we leave video-games as an indicator of your in-game work ethic.

Vanity items are usually gifts.

Telling somebody using a gift that their gift sucks because you don't have one makes you a bad person.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Are you really that disillusioned to humanity? What wrong with common decency?
    I think common decency here is not to take the transmorgs to LFR when it pisses ppl off.

Quote Originally Posted by EnfiladeGAMING View Post
    People being mad because I have disposable income and can spend it on things I find aesthetically pleasing, and they can't/won't out of arrogance/pride.
    It's like wearing a shit on your face ... you may like it, but others may not like to look at you when you do.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

i have an in game Tabard gear piece ,,, since 2007 from the Card game and made by Cryptozoic.

So what's the difference ? never been kicked only got whispers asking where did the tabard come from and some grtz...

LOL.

blizzard hate trollers love these invented threads, but the fact is in game items were sold by 3 rd parties for 6 years ... and no one complained ... ever.

So there is not even a new discussion.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-20 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    in-game work ethic.
    Problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    In LFD that may be true, but not in LFR.
    To kick someone in LFR, 5 people have to initiate a kick on them for the vote kick to even appear for the other people in the group to vote on. Then if the majority of people vote to kick them, they are kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we had LFG. With several dungeons with outdoor areas.
    True and people got kicked for many reasons than too.

Quote Originally Posted by K-rloz View Post
    Just saw 3 ppl get kicked on the same lfr
    Excellent. Keep it up folks! Our message will be heard loud and clear. To all those who have supported the cash shop and purchased these helms: you and your wallets will thank us when the dust settles and future cosmetic items are made available in game as part of your monthly sub.

You may be willing to throw your money out the window and support bad business but this is for your own good.

If these children can't be responsible with their money and Blizzard can't be responsible with their greed then it's time to intercede. Keep up the kicks guys and make sure to be as vocal as possible about why you're doing so! In game and on the forums. Blizzard will get the message.

As long as you can't get heroic items with real money the rich casuals will just be that. Casuals with money but no skill. If they have skill they raid and clear heroic raids.

Those fancy shop items are just a nice way to mark bad players for us
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

True and people got kicked for many reasons than too.
    Doesn't moving the goalposts get tiring? By the time you get finished redefining the argument, it'll be about whether cupcakes are better than tarts.

Cupcakes, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just leave the instance if it has people in it with the helmets? You'll get another in 20 minutes. Simple.

The majority wanted them gone hence why they were kicked

I think common decency here is not to take the transmorgs to LFR when it pisses ppl off.
    Except, you have no claim to common decency because there's no legitimate reasons for you to be mad at the PLAYER. If you truly are doing this because you don't agree with BLIZZARD's decisions, then your anger and frustration should be aimed at them.

Not to mention common decency dictates tolerance, which this by definition is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I think you missed the point.
    I didn't deny that you can kick someone because of it - but I think that it actually doesn't happen; at least not very often.

100 pages ago people asked for a screenshot showing such a kick. Nobody posted one yet.
    Obviously, if someone posts stuff like 'You poor?' it's a different story? But solely because someone wears such a helm? In this regard, I call BS.
    There have been posts here claiming they have seen it - even done it. 3 in same raid. Screenshots will not prove anything that is not already known. It happens... but that doesn't mean it is common.

If you want to test it out for yourself and show evidence then your welcome to go over to twitch and start recording like 10 or 15 runs to see how many ppl will be kicked.