Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard Updating Level 60 PvP Weapon Skins [Large Images Inside].

Did some digging today and it looks like Blizzard are updating a few of the old weapons with new skins. Only a few are available, I expect to see some Alliance ones/the rest of the Horde ones in there by next patch. This is what is available thus far:

1H Axe:

2H Axe:

1H Sword:

Shield:

Polearm:

1H Mace:

Dagger:

Bow:

No idea where they're from, but thought it was worth a show. Didn't Ghostcrawler say that there'd be some fancy new PvP rewards or the like a few weeks back?

10+ Year Old Account
    or this kind of goes along with the idea of, if theyre going to give us updated character models, theyre going to have to go back and update quite a few of the old textures on the old model items.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be for Garrosh's Kor'kron goons. It makes sense that they'd use standard issue Horde weapons.

Is there no chance these Horde items could drop from the Org raid?

I already made a thread for this before, but thanks to you for making comparisons. For some reason, back then, I could not get the shield texture to work. Anyway -- thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    Is there no chance these Horde items could drop from the Org raid?
    No, because then they'd be labelled as Orgrimmar loot. These are still labelled "pvphorde".

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I already made a thread for this before, but thanks to you for making comparisons. For some reason, back then, I could not get the shield texture to work. Anyway -- thanks!
    Didn't see anything of the sort.. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    No, because then they'd be labelled as Orgrimmar loot. These are still labelled "pvphorde".

Didn't see anything of the sort.. sorry.

Eh. Don't worry. I didn't add the original version of the weapons to the screenshots for comparison, so your pictures are still a lot more useful. Plus you have the shield. Don't worry at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, the old 2h axe looks better.

I'm also waiting for someone to start a conspiracy theory about the new shield because it has a line crossed through the Forsaken emblem.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-07-20 at 11:11 PM.

This is most likely just NPC gear.

"Something something, Horde favoritism"

Deleted
    please let them drop

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    please let them drop
    While this is a very interesting find, I think it's unlikely they drop. Unless of course they give a way for updated Grand Marshal modeled weapons to drop as well. Would be terribly unfair on the High Warlords otherwise.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I'm pretty sure they're going to be high end PvP rewards. Similar to the last time they made level 60 weapons and gear available (what was that through, RBG's?), but this time round them come with updated skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone linked these ages ago. Most likely High rated rewards.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    please let them drop
    Are you Alliance? You must be alliance..
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like those updated weapon. Still feel too... old, apart from that dagger.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like those updated weapon. They still feel too... old, apart from that dagger.

It's great, those skins are ancient. Alex is glad that they are not changing models, only sharpening lines and adding detail.

It's kinda boggling how much better they can make them look while still retaining the same fundamental appearance

Portends good things for updated character models, methinks !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Yes... Yes.... But how???

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Meh, the old 2h axe looks better.

I'm also waiting for someone to start a conspiracy theory about the new shield because it has a line crossed through the Forsaken emblem.
    Same here, the old 2-handed axe looks much better.