Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why Do Girls Keep Hitting On Me? WTF?

Ever since I began University this year (just completed my first year), I've been having recurrent issues with girls. I'm not a social person at all, and I don't go to University to party/drink/socialize as most people seem to do. I have a few friends, but most of them are just friendlier-than-average acquaintances as I find devoting oneself to making friends uninteresting and a waste of time. However, the largest girl issue to date, not to mention one that pervades in my memory, began like this:

A few months ago, as I exited a gym near our campus, a girl approached me and asked me for a ride to her supposed residence. This girl happened to also be in a few of my classes. Wanting to avoid an atmosphere of awkwardness between us whenever we had to interact in our classes in the future, I said sure. As we were driving to her residence, she tried to create a relaxed conversation a few times. I'm not that sociable at all as I'm fairly introverted, so whatever topic of conversation that she attempted to bring up would not spiral into the jaws of randomness, but rather they would end from a concise answer from myself. As we reached her destination, she asked me for her number saying that she appreciated the ride. I said no problem, and then carried on with my usual business as I drove home.

A week later, she asked me for some calculus help (one of the classes we happened to share), and I ended up aptly helping her with what she wanted. A few days later, she began text messaging me rapidly (once every few minutes on average) about miscellaneous subjects. I occasionally responded out of sheer politeness, but I suppose she took this as enabling towards her excessive sociability. Eventually, she asked me out, and I said "no, thanks" at which point she finally stopped messaging me.

Following this, I got told to my face while on campus by one of her friends that I was an asshole as well as that I apparently thought that I was "too good" for the girl in the aforementioned incident.

This is just a single example of what has happened throughout the year. Frequent drama involving seemingly overly social girls who apparently are not used to handling rejection of any kind. It's not that I dislike the girls making the advances per se, but I'd rather be left alone as I don't enjoy unnecessary social interaction. I'm not sure what to do as I don't like being too assertive as well as the fact that I tend to be really polite.

What can I do to stop this? I just want to be left alone so I can quietly study without causing or being involved in any social drama and so on.
    Last edited by EngineeredDelusion; 2013-07-21 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 I seewhatyoudidthar.

Infracted: We don't allow inb4 posts.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-07-21 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Personally, I think it would be hilarious if Troll Druids turned into walking cannabis plants.

Deleted
    Did you ever think to explain any of this to the girl? Instead of just blanking her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Start looking ugly and making weird noises or saying awkward things.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Did you ever think to explain any of this to the girl? Instead of just blanking her?
    No, I'm not open about my feelings to many people in real life. I find it baffling that giving someone a ride home is apparently grounds for starting a relationship (as noted in that one example I cited in the OP), so I don't think I need to explain myself to anyone involved. Even if I did explain this to her, it doesn't solve the problem stymying any further advances, which is what I ultimately want to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the same problem with my giant dick and endless bank account, I'm so cursed... what the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Start looking ugly and making weird noises or saying awkward things.
    I don't like doing things that draw excessive attention to myself, and I will most certainly not change my physical appearance just to stop what is essentially pseudo-harassment.

Your story kind of interested me. It truly amazes me...I mean...I also consider myself introverted...I don't go out with friends and such plus I barely have any anyway. But if a girl asked ME out I probably wouldn't reject her...Unless she is too far awar from my standarts but that's a different topic.

I don't know any possible solution to your problem aside from not being so polite and nice to others. Which is probably not an option for you. As much as I hate being rude to people, sometimes I have to be. People make a lot of assumptions that are totally wrong and insult us personally.

Strong first post.

First of all, you have probably made a lot of neckbeards angry by posting your success with women on this forum. Incase you haven't noticed, you're only supposed
    to post your failures with women on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Strong first post.

First of all, you have probably made a lot of neckbeards angry by posting your success with women on this forum. Incase you haven't noticed, you're only supposed
    to post your failures with women on this board.
    I've been lurking for a long time (mostly the Warlock forums and OT back when I used to actually play WoW), and finally decided to make a post today as I'm bored and willing to listen to input from my peers here on MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I have this same problem, whenever i pull up to starbucks in my 2013 ferrari I have a bunch of swimsuit models just waiting there to open the door for me...Last week one of the lesser attractive girls(kate upton) asked if i wanted to go out, i sternly told her NO! and her friend was all like "you're such an asshole, she totally wanted to fulfill all ur sexual fantasies without looking for a serious commitment"....its really getting annoying. How do I stop this? HALP PREEZ!

Being polite is so rare these days that it's often confused with flirting.
    ----+----[BOSS]++++++
    Just because you're special, it doesn't mean you're useful

10+ Year Old Account
    grow a beard, and stop showering. it'll get rid of them.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    You know I have this same problem, whenever i pull up to starbucks in my 2013 ferrari I have a bunch of swimsuit models just waiting there to open the door for me...Last week one of the lesser attractive girls(kate upton) asked if i wanted to go out, i sternly told her NO! and her friend was all like "you're such an asshole, she totally wanted to fulfill all ur sexual fantasies without looking for a serious commitment"....its really getting annoying. How do I stop this? HALP PREEZ!
    bullet,gun,weights, plane,ocean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell them you're gay.

Deleted
    I find it funny that a person who dislikes social interaction uses a social forum
    but on the other hand in my opinion you didn't do anything wrong and you shouldn't pay any attention to her friends about thsi topic, BUT you should have answered her bit more then a simple no

this didnt need a thread srsly.. 95% of the community just sees it as one of those " im too rich , im too pretty " brag brag random ass threads that noone likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

be nice to them, that is the fastest way to turn a girl off

Quote Originally Posted by Infected Clicker View Post
    Tell them you're gay.
    Haha, I actually did that to some girl on WoW a while ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    this didnt need a thread srsly.. 95% of the community just sees it as one of those " im too rich , im too pretty " brag brag random ass threads that noone likes.
    Then don't read them? I don't know how this thread can even be interpreted as bragging unless I said that I was getting hit on by SI models on a consistent basis or something.

dress up like link everyday and never speak except in grunts, HYAHHH, HYUUP, and CMAAAAAN,

if that doesnt work then dress up like tingle and harass anyone in green
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552