Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[tailor] i have almost nothing i can craft and make any decent gold...

i have dozens of motes of harmony.. imperial silks.. the mats for the "good" items sell for more than the item.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    embersilk bags are pretty much the best gold/silk at the moment (no one will buy the epic BoEs on most servers)

the best way to sink Spirits of Harmony is to trade them for Golden Lotus (2xlotus every spirit) if you don't have Jc (1 x Spirit + 5 x uncommon gems per type for a primal diamond, is pure goldness)

I am in a similar spot as the OP. I have roughly 1500 bolts of windwool. And not entirely sure what to make/do with it. I use my silk CD to make bags for myself. So that leaves me with just the craftable stuff. Will the imperial silk CD be removed next patch or will there be anything useful besides the new silk CD to use the cloth on?

Deleted
    On my server Royal Satchels sell for like 3k, which I don't consider that much for a 12 days worth of CD's, now, bypassing the CD using spirits you would need 36, and that's also translated into 72 golden lotuses, on their lowest price 50g which equals 3.6k, not to mention that they sell a lot faster than satchels. Enchants for pants sell for like 250g, so again - that's 3k every 12 days.

Yeah, I am not happy with tailoring either.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAgony View Post
    I am in a similar spot as the OP. I have roughly 1500 bolts of windwool. And not entirely sure what to make/do with it. I use my silk CD to make bags for myself. So that leaves me with just the craftable stuff. Will the imperial silk CD be removed next patch or will there be anything useful besides the new silk CD to use the cloth on?
    I just use my Mage to craft greens with the cloth I got and disenchant them.

i wish they'd put a bag recipe in for windwool and not silk. idc if it's still 22 slot.

If you can still find Chaos Orbs for cheap you could grind out Dreamcloth for the 26 slot bags. God I wish the normal cooldowns weren't a week long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAgony View Post
    Doubtful; only crafting cd I can think of that had its restriction removed was pyrium transmute.

Quote Originally Posted by Phracture View Post
    i have dozens of motes of harmony.. imperial silks.. the mats for the "good" items sell for more than the item.
    Leg enchants, Royal satchels.

If you have an enchanter an easy shuffle is 1 stack of Windwool = 1 Blue PvP cloak = 1 Ethereal Shard. Doubles the value of the cloth on my server at least and they generally sell quickly or save them up for next patch.

Doing fine using my CD every day to learn new patterns then selling leg enchants. Like others said, making greens or blues and DEing stuff is also pretty solid if Windwool is cheap enough on your server. I have every crafting profession maxed and there's definitively ways to make money with all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leg enchants and embersilk bags are pretty much my bread and butter from tailoring, anything else goes into other professions.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

You really gotta look further then the last patch/expansion. 6 cloth and 8 Blood Spirits still net 4k selling a chest piece. Looking at leg enchant price on several busy servers, a silk cloth is worth about 250g each and a blood spirit 60g-80g, so, you are looking at a 2k investment.

Or what about cata bags, especially the Jewelcrafting bag, not a soul sells them, and for only 3 dreamcloth you get another 2k. Other bags sell aswell, herb 32+36, normal 16 (netherweave AND mooncloth, get those supercheap felcloths), 20, 22. And then there is rare transmog gear, tier 12 lock hands for example or tier 11 mage waist.

Buy cheap cloths, craft some gear for disenchantment. Illusion Dust, Dream Dust, Arcane Dust, Hypnotic Dust etc, it all sells, just look up the marges, sometimes you will only see a 10% profit, and sometimes a 300%.

Each type of cloth has a huge demand, and as a tailor, you get extra drops, so simply loot everything in old content. I would even advice farming using a luck elixir, both in Cata as in MoP areas. If the market is low on cloth, 1 hour of farming can result in at least 1200 embersilk cloths, and this was during Cata, I assume with AoE looting and simply more dps, you will have much more cloth in the end. 1 cloth 3-5 gold is nothing special, so 1 hour of work could net you 3600-6000g? Not calculating all the greens you can disenchant and sell for way to much gold, all the greys to vendor, elemental shizzle and ores.

And then there is the farm spot at Lions Landing, this is my personal gold mine using a potion of luck. Yes, it is work and farming, but I assure you that it is the easiest money in the game out there. Mobs will be partially killed by NPC's, loads of blue BoE's, lockboxes, random MoP mats and lots and lots and lots of cloth, 2k cloth in an hour is possible, and on almost every realm, thats already minimal 2k there, might not seems like much, but it is an additional bonus from what you will get from all the other stuff that will drop. In less then 1 hour of farming, you will have looted more the 2k of domination points, and you can even sell a sumprush rodent spawn.

The advantage as farming as a tailor is that you will get the maximum amount of sellable drops possible.

So, yeah, dont tell me you can not make any money with Tailoring! Royal Bags is not the way to go for the most amount of gold, but dont forget that bagspace on your main or alt can also be worth a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can craft the Imperial Silk each day you spend about 40g to make an item you can use that gives a return of some 250g in general. That's about a 200g profit each day, for doing very, very little. That's better then other professions have it. With Alchemy I don't get those returns for instance, and I usually have to work harder for it.

And that's just the basics, if you are a bit more creative, and look for things to invest in (like there's a few in this thread) then you can increase that amount, usually relative to the amount of effort you are willing to put in.

I use my tailoring to make Touch of the Light - I can usually sell them for 4-5k - Or I have sold so many that I use them to bargain for other things I need like mats. People see PURPLE and think its better than gold.

just need

x4 Imperial Silk

x5 Blood Spirit

PS: I did pay 20k for the recipe off the BMAH. But if you can find a similar recipe, it might be worth the investment.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

20k??? The patterns dropped so often in MsV and HoF, that even after sending them to alts we still had plenty to sell on the AH. Even if you did not raid, you could have easy picked it up for 3-5k from the normal AH.

Deleted
    Make a guild on your bank alt. Fill your G-bank, bank and inventory with stacks of netherweave bolts. Wait for the next expansion. As soon as the expansion is released turn the bolts into bags and sell them at inflated prices due to all the new alts needing bags... sit back and watch your gold go from 100k to 5 million in a few weeks.

When everyone is out leveling to 95 or making new demon hunters (or whatever the next race/class will be) you will be one of the only ones active on the AH. Which means you will become mega rich.

Tailoring isn't the best but it has a few options, especially when combined with a de'er.

Obviously bags, spellthreads and current pvp gear. Older transmog gear you can tailor will sell, older bags you can tailor will sell, older spellthreads for twinks, RP gear etc. There's pretty often tipping points where you can buy cloth and tailor something then DE it and sell the shards at a profit over the cloth as well if that's an option for you. Or even solo farming instances for overpriced cloth (frostweave goes for a couple of hundred a stack on my server idk if that's common).

Use the undermine journal to check your server prices for things, see what you can make, see how you can combine tailoring with other professions you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you can still find Chaos Orbs for cheap you could grind out Dreamcloth for the 26 slot bags. God I wish the normal cooldowns weren't a week long.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubtful; only crafting cd I can think of that had its restriction removed was pyrium transmute.
    pyrium transmute still shares the cd with living steel, living elements.

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    pyrium transmute still shares the cd with living steel, living elements.
    Why would you ever xmute pyrium? That is a waste of a valuable CD.

Smelt Pyrite is hands down the way to go. and it has no CD.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

I make Crafted Gladiators and they sell reasonably well (300g).
    And thats about it.