Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The realm first Hardmode titles done while current content. Naxx, Maly and OS realm first titles mean nothing at all imo. Also Herald of the Titans and the Immortal done while current content are quite impressive to me. I am aware you still need to be 80 and so on for Herald but it's nowhere near as challenging as it once was thanks to how high dps and health pools have scaled at 80.

The immortal and the undying became fairly faceroll with gear too. There was some RNG but overall it wasn't too bad. Failed it twice due to stupidity with people running late behind iceblocks on Sapph.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Knight-Captain title, I worked like hell to earn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Death's Demise for sure! It's my favorite and i'd give ALL MAH MONEY for it. Seriously, I love that title, followed by Ulduar immorrtals (Champion of Ulduar and Conqueror of Ulduar).

But from the ones I have, my favorite is Herald of the Titans for sure.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Deleted
    Dragonslayer, because, Dragonslayer.

The Immortal and The Undying are popular choices, that I have, but would never wear. Prestigious to me means something rare or difficult to get. The Immortal and Undying are about as rare and hard to get (in the day), as "The Patient".

Just a little pet peeve of mine...

For me it's Hand of A'dal, which is why I wear it even though I have arguably cooler-sounding titles I could wear.

Scarab Lord and Gladiator also command respect from me, but they had to be legitimately earned, and not cheesed via server-transfer/bought.

Deleted
    Definitely would be "Firelord" had blizz made it unobtainable when DS came out.

Since for many achievements it is pain in the ass to find out if they were obtained when they were relevant, I'd say "Bloodthirsty". That's some serious dedication.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Realm firsts are not really impressive most servers had horrible guilds get them simply because they were the best of the bads. I would like to say rank 1 titles but there is so many scumbag win trading cheating shit that goes on.
    Reminds me of something: Mid june a guild on my server earned the "Realm First: Heroic Sha of Fear" achievement.
    Earning realm firsts on such servers isn't exactly something I'd call difficult.

Scarab Lord. Hands down.

Maybe Grand Marshal from vanilla.

Herald of the titans <3
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Reminds me of something: Mid june a guild on my server earned the "Realm First: Heroic Sha of Fear" achievement.
    Earning realm firsts on such servers isn't exactly something I'd call difficult.
    I wonder if we're on the same server, lol. Said guild kept linking it / bragging over and over in trade / general chat in ToT like it was something special.....but the only reason they have it is because they're one of the only raiding guilds left (after all of the good ones moved to higher pop realms at the beginning of Mists).

On topic - I guess it's subjective. I tend to find current-content *timely* raid titles prestigious. Storm's End is the current one. Dragonslayer before the next tier was released, etc. I only value (and wear) those titles when they're relevant, otherwise I don't bother.

For me I suppose my most favorite / prestigious one is Firelord, which I obtained pre-nerf via organizing any number of combinations of pug groups (because my guild was having attendance boss issues). It was a struggle to get it done to say the least, and that's the part of it I value the most.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2013-07-21 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    For me Zookeeper, Worked damn hard capturing all those pets, and rares.

Deleted
    High Warlord - Grand Marshal from vanilla, those titles were not easy to come by...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    I wonder if we're on the same server, lol. Said guild kept linking it / bragging over and over in trade / general chat in ToT like it was something special.....but the only reason they have it is because they're one of the only raiding guilds left (after all of the good ones moved to higher pop realms at the beginning of Mists).
    You are playing on an US server, right? If so, no, not the same server.
    They behaved the same, though. Kept linking it the whole evening long.

But well. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post

But well. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Exactly. Maybe they're cousins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarab Lord obtained before TBC.
    Death's Demise obtained during Tier 9
    Light of Dawn obtained in March/April 2010
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprisingly it seems to be a common theme that most of the valued titles are either those that can't be acquired anymore, or raid/pvp titles with time considerations.

Scarab Lord was before my time, I played during Vanilla but I had't discovered raiding yet. While Realm First titles were/are cool, I never had a shot at those in a casual guild (with high-end raiding guilds as competition), so the one to look forward to was Herald. Sadly, I didn't manage to even attempt Herald (guild drama) while it was current, but went for it while leveling my monk. I was so excited to do it, then so disappointed that it was such a complete faceroll, even with the ilevel restraints on gear. I spent weeks gearing my monk, getting the right enchants, figuring out stat priorities and all that....only to kill him at the required gear level and character level in about 3 minutes. As much as I wanted the title, I don't even wear it as a result. Maybe they should've adjusted it to something else, if not removed it altogether.

Anyway. It's nice to see that in some way there are still people that value the challenge associated with the achievement(s)/titles. I suppose the "Ahead of the Curve/Cutting Edge" FoS's are Blizz's current way of giving a nod to people, but I still prefer the special title model I suppose.

That I personally have, I'll go with The Undying.

It would be Champion of Ulduar, but every week some idiot would die on Mimiron, and it would ruin it for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Not surprisingly it seems to be a common theme that most of the valued titles are either those that can't be acquired anymore, or raid/pvp titles with time considerations.
    Well, of course. If anyone can just go get the title in 15 minutes, it isn't prestigious, that is almost the opposite of the definition of prestige, as prestige and exclusivity almost go hand in hand.

Conqueror <name> , or anything with Conqueror in it, also, the Immortal for me is just bad ass.

Deleted
    Herald of the Titans ^_^
    It's such a neat title!