Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveBrule View Post
    There's a difference between expressing your opinion and spamming it. Everyone who visits this forum semi-regularly knows Vynestra doesn't like Fire and wants it nerfed. While I feel his opinion is narrow minded and selfish, he IS still entitled to it. I just don't see the value in making it known every time the fancy strikes you.
    I actually went fire on live. Seeing as my precious arcane didn't have a snowballs chance, and fire is just gonna melt frosts icicles anyway D: ....I figured better start gearing now! lol.

Stupid spec. *kicks the fire*

ON the brightside I got 3 more titan runestones this week. That makes 1 week 1, 3 week 2, 3 week 3, 3 week 4...xD Just need 2 next week and I get cloaky.

Alex likes vynesta's new choice. Now Alex wants vynesta's to also start campaigning for a fire buff

10+ Year Old Account
    Overpower all three specs, don't nerf 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Overpower all three specs, don't nerf 1.
    I honestly can't handle all the qq about everything Mage from other classes. It doesn't matter if we are OP or fairly balanced, the only way it will stop is if the class is behind tanks in dps and auto 1shot in pvp.

Alex already doesn't visit blizzard forums, too many noobs so Alex wouldn't mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blugatti View Post
    Alex already doesn't visit blizzard forums, too many noobs so Alex wouldn't mind.
    I honestly went back arcane...I don't have fire gear and was NOT pulling the numbers with the crit I had vs arcane. I just don't know what to do, part of me says stay arcane, the other says it won't be viable in 5.4.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't handle all the qq about everything Mage from other classes. It doesn't matter if we are OP or fairly balanced, the only way it will stop is if the class is behind tanks in dps and auto 1shot in pvp.
    You seen some tanks man? I could deal with that. Ours are usually top of the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    You seen some tanks man? I could deal with that. Ours are usually top of the meters.
    I have played with some amazing tanks. They generally only compete in fights with lots of aoe and/or single tank like Heroic Tortos, Iron Qon, and Ra Den. The real kicker is when you see a pally or monk tank topping meters in dps and healing. That makes one feel quite useful.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2013-07-22 at 01:35 AM.

Well, the monitor is clean again, after I spit my coffee out onto it, laughing at the mental image of the auto one-shot in PvP.

On topic, I'm going to try Fire in 5.4, begging a LOT of help from all the amazing people here on MMO Champion, staying the heck away from the "official" Blizzard Forus, where there is nothing except animosity on all sides, and people taking credit for the hard work, research and scholarship of others...

Good luck to everyone who is very close to getting their last Titan Runestones!

"Never underestimate the depth of stupidity." Robert Heinlein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkder View Post
    Well, the monitor is clean again, after I spit my coffee out onto it, laughing at the mental image of the auto one-shot in PvP.

On topic, I'm going to try Fire in 5.4, begging a LOT of help from all the amazing people here on MMO Champion, staying the heck away from the "official" Blizzard Forus, where there is nothing except animosity on all sides, and people taking credit for the hard work, research and scholarship of others...

Good luck to everyone who is very close to getting their last Titan Runestones!

That's me!!!...However i've only been on the quest for a month lol....But I just need two more. I hope I get it next week, I will for sure have my legendary when 5.4 hits. can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    That's me!!!...However i've only been on the quest for a month lol....But I just need two more. I hope I get it next week, I will for sure have my legendary when 5.4 hits. can't wait!!
    It was three months for the Sigils, and then 13 weeks for the Runestones for me. I've been slogging through the dailies and things since Day 1 of MoP, trying to learn as much as possible and making sure that I had all of the Faction Reps as quickly as possible. Silly, but it was nice getting all those out of the way.

Cheers!

"Never underestimate the depth of stupidity." Robert Heinlein

Ice floes change - how long does it take for a charge to recover? Did they miss that?

The Frost changes look good, not gonna lie. I need to see how it feels after this new build.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ice Floes change is just damn nice! Also, nice fixes for the frost changes. Seems like we might be going places at least in respect to some problematic things.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Change the title Shang. It says "Stayed tuned" which makes no sense. :P
    Last edited by Methusula; 2013-07-24 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the patch notes are cleared I'll post the changes, or if one of you wants to do it at the moment, feel free. I'm in a rush for a couple of hours.
    My magic will tear you apart.

It looks like there was a datamining issue with Ice Flows. lore is looking into it: https://twitter.com/devolore

- - - Updated - - -

Copy Pasta from official PTR notes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/

Frost
    Mastery: Frostburn has been replaced by Mastery: Icicles. When the Mage damages an enemy with their Frostbolt, and Frostfire Bolt, and the Water Elemental's Waterbolt, (14% + 1.75% per Mastery) of the damage done is stored as an Icicle for 15 seconds. Mastery: Icicles also increases the Water Elemental’s Water Bolt damage by (14% + 1.75% per Mastery). Up to 5 Icicles can be stored at once. Casting Ice Lance launches all stored Icicles at the target.
    Frostbolt no longer increases the damage of any spells. The damage for those spells have been increased instead. but no longer causes the target to take an additional damage from Frostbolt.
    Ice Lance damage has been increased by 48%.
    Water Elemental
    Waterbolt damage has been increased by 25%.
    Talents

Frost Bomb now deals 70% damage to players (up from 60%).
    Living Bomb now deals 85% damage to players (up from 70%).
    Nether Tempest now deals 85% damage to players (up from 70%).
    Temporal Shield now also reduces damage taken by 15% while active in addition to existing effects.
    Glyphs

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Blink now increases distance travelled with the Blink spell by 8 yards (up from 5 yards).
    Glyph of Ice Lance has been renamed to Glyph of Splitting Ice.
    Glyph of Splitting Ice causes Ice Lance and Icicles to hit 1 additional target for 50% damage.
    Glyph of Invisibility has been replaced with Glyph of Rapid Displacement.
    Glyph of Rapid Displacement gives Blink two charges, gaining a charge every 15 seconds, but no longer frees the Mage from stuns and bonds.
    Glyph of Remove Curse now increases the damage dealt by 15% after successfully removing a curse (up from 10%).
    Glyph of Spellsteal now heals the Mage for 5% of their maximum health after successfully stealing a spell (up from 3%).
    New Minor Glyphs
    Glyph of Condensation: Increases the size of the Mage's Water Elemental.
    Glyph of Evaporation: Reduces the size of the Mage's Water Elemental.
    Glyph of the Unbound Elemental: The Mage's Water Elemental is replaced by an Unbound Water Elemental.

No mention of Ice Flows. Will update when I get clarification from Lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good changes.
    For iceflows: From Lore : Correct. Ice Floes has been rebuilt slightly. It now has 3 charges, affects 1 spell per charge, and has a 20 second recharge time. This change unfortunately didn't make it into the PTR notes (but we're getting those fixed ASAP).

My last issue was that Icelance was not benefiting from secondary stats, but at least Glyphed icelance will adds a little cleave to this mastery.

I suspect that the scaling may not be solve, unfortunely. I Will be intell gemming I think.
    Last edited by Sombrelune; 2013-07-24 at 06:49 PM.

Good changes. Also there were some changes that the dataminers missed according to Lhivera's twitter:
    Lhivera ‏@Lhivera 1m
    Missed by dataminers but in the patch notes: Glyph of Ice Lance renamed Glyph of Splitting Ice. Now affects every Ice Lance & every Icicle.

Lhivera ‏@Lhivera
    As you can imagine, that is HUGE for a Frost Mage in a cleave situation. 20 Mastery = 17.5% Frostbolt and FFB damage to secondary targets.
    That's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jacce View Post
    Good changes. Also there were some changes that the dataminers missed according to Lhivera's twitter:

That's pretty awesome.
    Indeed. Frost is shaping up to have the most complete set of tools for raiding, if it didn't already hold that distinction. The only question is, where will it fall in the DPS pecking order?
    Last edited by Methusula; 2013-07-24 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Derped out and spelled Frost as "Forst"