Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I have no problem with the Imps, and I now i have Charge and Chaos Bolt under control but now i am choking on the Felhounds.

I have been trying the strategy of moving my Pit Lord out of LOS of the hound before they spawn, but on various occasions i have not had them down fast enough before they killed me, or i have had to pull my Pit Lord back into combat to charge a Cataclysm and they ate his enslave buff or i didn't dump aggro with the portal and Kan chaosbolted me before i could get out of LOS.

Still need to practice i guess.
    What I found works everytime is, chaos bolt the 1st one, havoc the second one, chaos bolt the 3rd one.

When the 2nd chaos bolt lands, have the pit lord charge, and breath on them, and shadowburn kill the stragglers.

Wipes em out in 10-12 seconds flat.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Sorry to start up this thread again.

Has anyone ever encountered a streak of bad luck where the Chaos Bolts that Ebonlocke cast crit you?

I usually soak one, to ensure the interrupt of cataclysm. I gave it a few tries last night, and Ebonlocke critted me several times in a row.

Starting to think that green fire is for the cool and lucky players, and not the shitters such as myself

Quote Originally Posted by Logilock View Post

Has anyone ever encountered a streak of bad luck where the Chaos Bolts that Ebonlocke cast crit you?

I usually soak one, to ensure the interrupt of cataclysm. I gave it a few tries last night, and Ebonlocke critted me several times in a row.

Starting to think that green fire is for the cool and lucky players, and not the shitters such as myself
    I think most people use a strat that involves not taking ANY chaos bolts.

I'd be more than happy to record how I did it if you'd like, but I think you'll probably find more than enough videos already for avoiding it.
    Last edited by prwraith; 2013-07-22 at 11:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like prwraith said, most simply rely on avoiding chaos bolt using LoS.

There's so many great tips, videos etc in this thread that you should find everything you need to get it done. It can be frustrating, but keep trying. Learn the flow of the fight and eventually you will get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Logilock View Post

Its definitely best to use the strat where you reset your agro to avoid chaos bolts. If in the heat of things you mess up you can pop your defensive CDs but overall you should avoid most of them.

I'd agree with the above posters, as with most of my final attempts I didn't even have a single Chaos Bolt cast at me.

I will burn your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    a few tips to whoever wants to try their hands on green fire soon:

1) key talents are: mannoroth's fury (for much more effective aoe) unbound will ( for emergency dot cleans when singe magic is on cd ) sacrificial pact ( for any kind of emergency, especially with fel hunter packs ) grimoire of sacrifice ( since your only demon will be the pit lord, sacrificing an imp before the fight is almost mandatory ) rest of the talents are unrelated - unimportant in my opinion. many people consider shadowfury over mortal coil, but i did it with mortal coil just fine.

2) key glyphs are: glyph of enslave demon , glyph of demonic gate. rest is unrelated - unimportant.

3) now to light a few important things about the actual fight: ( i will go from most important to least important btw )

a) go destro. i know a lot of people done it with different specs but this quest is screaming and begging for destro spec. do so.

b) at start, go all out with any - every cooldowns you own. you will have some free time on him so use it wisely.

c) fel imp phase: nothing too important, just try to position yourself between your pit lord and imps, then use flame breathe to both clean up your dots and kill the imps. keep brimstoned immolate on imps at all times, so generally 1 or 2 rain of fires will kill them off.

d) fel hunter phase: WARNING !!! READ HERE CAREFULLY !!! this phase is where %99 of us struggled for various reasons. first of all, do NOT move when the boss starts to channel his summon spell for fel hunters. do NOT even use your mouse to turn yourself to any side. just stand still, else you will lose your beloved pit lord which leads to a certain wipe no matter what. second, send your pit lord away from boss, logically to the other side of the portal, wherever you are standing. third,use rain of fire on the portal where it should still be hitting boss as well. fourth, use soul shatter as soon as boss finishes his channeling. fifth, use brimstone and immolate. sixth, use havoc on any of the fel hunters. seventh, refresh your rain of fire. eighth, use chaos bolt on some other fel hunter, not on the havoced one ofc. nineth, refresh your rain of fire and if you need use sacrificial pact now. tenth, if all fel hunters arent dead by now, you are practically gonna wipe. boss will start to channel his ultimate doom and you have to stop him with your pit lord's charge ability, which leads him to move and leads you to lose him due to fel hunters. i know it sounds confusing but this is what you need to do at fel hunter phase.

e) doom guard phase. nothing serious, either banish, let it hit you or use flame breathe of pit lord to keep aggro on your pet. it is up to you. i didnt even touch them and continued attacking the boss with all my aoes. they dont hit so hard.

f) at second fel imp phase, do NOT use brimstoned immolate. just use rain of fire and practically spam chaos bolts on boss by using your demonic gateway and singe magic while they are not on cd.

g) second fel hunter phase is and will be more chaotic than first one. try to remember the order. if there any fel imps left, they will die soon because of your constant aoe.

h) second doom guard phase. unimportant.

i) third fel imp phase is where you will start your shadowburn spam. just use rain of fire on boss and imps alltogether, and spam the shit out of your shadowburn button.

i hope i was helpful to even 1 of you guys out there. if you have any other specific questions about the fight itself or any other thing, feel free to do so.

p.s: did it with half tot, half toes lfr gear.

I just completed the quest this past weekend after returning to the game after a long hiatus. I was able to do this in a mix of a few LFR epics and heroic dungeon blues (~480ilvl).

Anyway, I cannot understate the importance of using your gate at every opportunity to dump aggro. Simply not having to worry about taking Chaos Bolts was probably the biggest factor in helping me succeed. That and saving cooldowns for Felhunters.

The aggro drop is useful for those warlocks who aren't used to clicking a lot of abilities. Specifically the one the pet has to heal you. Using the gateway at every opportunity lessens the healing needed.

That ones really just a whichever you're more comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The aggro drop is useful for those warlocks who aren't used to clicking a lot of abilities. Specifically the one the pet has to heal you. Using the gateway at every opportunity lessens the healing needed.

That ones really just a whichever you're more comfortable with.
    The pet heal means nothing if the chaos bolt kills you, which it will if you're not doing the LOS method, as your damage mitigation cooldowns will not be up often enough to mitigate chaos bolt if you're the target each time.

I would also argue that constantly using the gate is you having to use more abilities, as you will be gate warping much more often than if you simply try to deal with the chaos bolt at the time it is cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Malifik View Post
    The pet heal means nothing if the chaos bolt kills you, which it will if you're not doing the LOS method, as your damage mitigation cooldowns will not be up often enough to mitigate chaos bolt if you're the target each time.

I would also argue that constantly using the gate is you having to use more abilities, as you will be gate warping much more often than if you simply try to deal with the chaos bolt at the time it is cast.
    That's true but you don't need to use the gate on cooldown to los the bolts. Using it on cooldown just keeps him focused on your pit lord for longer.

Honestly I found just keeping a demonic circle up overthere was more than enough, but I always took the gate back just for the aggro drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Malifik View Post

IIRC I relied on Sacrificial Pact / Soul Leech for most Chaos Bolts. Soulshatter starting right before first pups came out and then on cd after, and I didn't have to use the gateway.

I do love there are multiple ways to handle the various mechanics, tho
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    IIRC I relied on Sacrificial Pact / Soul Leech for most Chaos Bolts. Soulshatter starting right before first pups came out and then on cd after, and I didn't have to use the gateway.

I do love there are multiple ways to handle the various mechanics, tho
    I think your method would give you more time on boss. And make it end quicker. Doing the gateway method he died right as the 2nd doom lord started to summon. Without using gateways I wonder if I could have killed him at the 2nd fel hound phase.

Kanrethad still unbeatable

Hi there...

So I counted.
    25 different guides, about 800 trys and about 13600 gold in repair costs and I still don't even come close to beating him.

I barely make it to the point to where he summons the fel hunters, they just ALWAYS manage to break my doom lord. Everything that happens, happens way too fast for me to act, sometimes the mechanics work, sometimes they don't... I dunno. Am I just too bad for this? I raided in classic and bc back then, downed Nefarian, vashj, Kaelthas and Illidan as well as Kiljaeden, raided in the upper tiers of content during wotlk and cataclysm too. I'm an experienced player, but this just knocks my hat off...

Deleted
    There's definately you're doing wrong, could you describe the fight step by step from your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    well... either keep trying or wait till you overgear it... dont know what else to say here since you read all those guides, you probably know what to do.

Make sure you dispel the magic debuff, it starts to hurt a lot after a while and it's pretty much the only thing that can kill you except for the interrupt thing he does that I can't remember the name of. Unbound Will ftw.

As long as you're line of sighting Chaos Bolt and Interrupting Cataclysm and using thet Pets heal on cooldown, I cant see how anything in that encounter can possibly kill you. If your Pit Lord is breaking from the Fel Hunters then you need to move him away so that he's not in line of sight and the Fel Hunters will not touch him.

Just because you raided in classic or tbc doesn't make you a good player, content was easy, only "hard" part was grinding the stupid gear to beat the bosses(as in, survive with resist gear). Even today's LFR bosses are harder mechanic-wise.

The boss is not meant to be "stand still DPS nuke", you have to use your class abilities; Demonic Portal, Demonic Gateway, Bind Demon(or whatever it is), Shadow Ward and other utility spells.

Deleted
    This boss demands everything from you, You can't be SLOW and you have to know all your spells I'm sorry but if you can't beat it warlock is just not for you . I've seen players defeating it with PVP gear so it's doable.