Deleted
    I see.

Any other tips you guys could give us for DA 10HC?

We're 3 tanking, 2 healing.

I'm gonna get banned in a little while, afaik, just asked Anarchor if he's retarded so I'll probs be gone for a few days again.

Any tips welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I see.

Any other tips you guys could give us for DA 10HC?

We're 3 tanking, 2 healing.

I'm gonna get banned in a little while, afaik, just asked Anarchor if he's retarded so I'll probs be gone for a few days again.

Any tips welcome.
    Err, if you're 3 tanking, why are you running stacks up so high?

Tank one on Animus (with 1 small golem)
    Tank 2 clears left side (takes 2-3 at start)
    Tank 3 clears right side (takes 2-3 at start).
    Once left and right are full, tank 2 taunts tank 3's Massive.
    Tank 3 lets stacks fall (DPS Animus or w/e), then taunts the other 2 back.
    Tank 2 lets stacks fall (DPS Animus), then taunts back.
    Repeat til loot pops up.

Doing this, neither tank will ever see stacks above 5-6, should never need any externals, and will be able to keep decent uptime on Animus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Taking 2 slams back to back may be just as dangerous as having a high amount of stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Taking 2 slams back to back may be just as dangerous as having a high amount of stacks.
    That's what unglyphed DivProt is for

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Never had an issue. I use Tidyplates with cast bars, so I can see if one/both are casting. Even if/when 2x slams come at the same time as a Jolt, it's easy to weave in DivProt/AD/GoAK, since there's really no need to use CDs after the opening golem burst with this strat. Even a WOG will do, most times, if you're stingy.

Also, taunting back tends to stagger the slams by ~2-3 seconds, giving ample time to WOG/healthstone if you get worried.

Plus, you've always got bubble to reset, if things get dicey.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    ^ nice to hear some DA hc tacs being discussed. unfortunately the summer slums have come and getting a competent raid team together looks unlikely

FU progress!

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    ^ nice to hear some DA hc tacs being discussed. unfortunately the summer slums have come and getting a competent raid team together looks unlikely

FU progress!
    Took us an hour of tries on Primordius before we decided to pack in and clear the instance last night >.>

So, remember when I was saying that 100% SotR uptime was totally possible in raids with current gear sets?

Armory - WoL

Note: he has 16k haste and uses the T15 4P bonus. The 4P bonus was roughly 24.5 holy power per minute.

Wow, props. Looks like he gained it at the start and then literally, it NEVER fell off. Higher SHotR uptime than SS uptime lol! (still only 95%)

So, the "Holy Power" buff gained was from 4pc, right? I only see 53 HoPo there, which is 21.2 HoPo/Min given the 2:25 duration.

Very impressive; makes me want to do the zerg, but we usually "play it safe"
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    He took 265% of his HP at every DP on average or am I miscalculating something? >_>

53/4 = 13.25 HP/DP
    13.25 * 20% = 265% >.<
    (BTW, is the 20% pre or after mitigation? )

At the pull the 4P could have been a beast...

Problem is that he's running HA (not that it's a problem for HC DA) so DivProt on pull would put his HoPo intake at insane levels, to the point that he'd waste a ton of the set bonus AND HA's effect. I still wouldn't run DP here, but maybe would say hold off on DivProt til HA was fading? I dunno... it clearly works!

I just know that with HA up, I'm already GCD locked as it is, and basically HoPo capped the entire time as well. I'd have little-to-no free global to use the 4pc HoPo without essentially wasting an HA gain (or vice versa).

But then again, he could HA/GoAK on pull (or whatever), then pop DivProt after HA fades, then ~30-35sec later pop DivProt again, squeeze in one more ~35 sec later, and by then would have HA back up again, which would last til fight was over. Seems to match up to what we saw in terms of buffs cast/gained.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    He took 265% of his HP at every DP on average or am I miscalculating something? >_>

53/4 = 13.25 HP/DP
    13.25 * 20% = 265% >.<
    (BTW, is the 20% pre or after mitigation? )

At the pull the 4P could have been a beast...
    20% is post mitigation, if it was pre, then you'd almost always get 4-5 stacks. Taking 250% of your health with DP up isn't that hard to do. There are always ways to game the bonus on each boss (other than maybe Jin'Rokh, Tortos, and Megaera).

Yeah, he did DivProt>HA>DivProt>35 sceonds>DivProt>continue.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-07-22 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    Is it that the 4 piece is worth taking on fights with high damage in takes? not got to tanking heroic dark animus myself but usually 10 man doesn't have that much high constant damage really but on DA you can put two together etc or is it because they kill the fight in 2 mins roughly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    So, remember when I was saying that 100% SotR uptime was totally possible in raids with current gear sets?

Armory - WoL

Note: he has 16k haste and uses the T15 4P bonus. The 4P bonus was roughly 24.5 holy power per minute.
    Buffs Gained - SHOTR - 95%.

Where? Where? :P But seriously though that's great and very nice, so close you can smell it.. I'm not gona get into the maths as it's too hot for that shit and I have a headache.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

They're doing the zerg strat, which is a high damage intake for the tank. In reality, the 4p bonus is very OP and very underrated. I ran the numbers before, and using Nairobi's haste level... he's around 31hp/m. In order for him to gain another 1hp/m, he'd have to gain roughly 2k haste. So even if you only gain 1 holy power every 2 usages of Divine Protection, that would be roughly 2k haste for him.

Obviously, if the bosses hit for more the bonus is worth more (on 25H Animus for example, the bonus was worth roughly 10100 haste rating for me). For Mookak, the 4P bonus was roughly 42k haste rating as far as holy power gained.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Is it that the 4 piece is worth taking on fights with high damage in takes? not got to tanking heroic dark animus myself but usually 10 man doesn't have that much high constant damage really but on DA you can put two together etc or is it because they kill the fight in 2 mins roughly?
    The ability to kill a boss in ~2 mins (JinRohk, JiKun, DA Zerg) will greatly inflate the "effect" of HA and the 4pc. Additionally, HC DA and to a lesser degree JiKun allow for abuse of the 4pc to yield silly amounts of HoPo. So, through proper timing of CDs (as mentioned above), you can basically "coast" off of the HA-wall, using DivProt to prop up your HoPo gen between casts.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Buffs Gained - SHOTR - 95%.

Where? Where? :P But seriously though that's great and very nice, so close you can smell it.. I'm not gona get into the maths as it's too hot for that shit and I have a headache.
    That's the thing; you'll never see 100% sadly Well, unless you somehow go into the fight with ShotR up from trash or something. I'd wager that 98.5-99% is going to be the upper bound, based on "ramp up" time, especially if you're using DP over HA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    They're doing the zerg strat, which is a high damage intake for the tank. In reality, the 4p bonus is very OP and very underrated. I ran the numbers before, and using Nairobi's haste level... he's around 31hp/m. In order for him to gain another 1hp/m, he'd have to gain roughly 2k haste. So even if you only gain 1 holy power every 2 usages of Divine Protection, that would be roughly 2k haste for him.

Obviously, if the bosses hit for more the bonus is worth more (on 25H Animus for example, the bonus was worth roughly 10100 haste rating for me). For Mookak, the 4P bonus was roughly 42k haste rating as far as holy power gained.
    Jesus, that's insane. I never bothered to math it out like that. Does make me wonder about it's validity/use if we can keep 4pc for next tier and use SoO off-set to retain haste caps.

Swapping out my legs and gloves for tier, I'd lose ~2000 haste from the gear natively (plus the extra socket on the gloves). I could obviously reforge a bit of that back from the shit-geared tier, but it'd be ~1600-1800 haste lost at first glance. However, as you pointed out, I'd only need to pick up 1 HoPo from the 4pc per minute to make up for that, which would happen incidentally anyway.

I've got HC tier glove and leg tokens in the bank...was holding on to them for Ret, but now I'm a bit tempted to go to the dark side...
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    The HoPo gain from the current PTR 4p is kinda solid aswell though, especially for 10 mans (talking about the legit use), it was worth about 10% SotR uptime or something like that, cant remember exactly.

You mean solely from fishing for DP procs from WOG @ 3 stacks?

If so, I guess I just don't really like that idea, since it revolves around rotational use of a (to me) "oh-shit" button, for the chance at a ShotR. The old 2/4pc idea I didn't mind it, since it was a guaranteed, but I'm not sure how I feel playing that opportunity cost for the chance of a DP proc. Especially since it also ropes you into DP only.

I guess that's what's nice about the t15 4P, since there's no downside/opportunity cost of using it.

This may be a dumb question, but: If you use t154P, does the damage type matter at all in the calculation? IE, if I have it unglyphed, do I need to take magic damage, or is it just ANY damage sustained? I'm assuming the latter, but I've never bothered to consider/test.
    20k and counting...

Like I mentioned before, Treckie was saying he was getting 90%+ SotR uptime on the PTR doing 10 mans with current 4P bonus in scaled down 520 gear.

Fuuu. Legs are Hit/Parry and gloves are Dodge/Exp, right? Ugh, I'm already SO far over hit cap...

Also - could you just run the "wrong" glyph for DP to get more damage taken during its duration? Like, run glyphed on Meg, unglyphed on DA, etc?
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-07-22 at 06:52 PM.
    20k and counting...