Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    I got perma banned from their forums for telling the world about their 'PvP Vote AFK' glitch providing more support for griefers...

And today for using the word "butt" 7 days ago:

Account Action: Warning

Offense: Inappropriate
    This category includes both clear and masked language which:

* Is a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
    * Is otherwise considered objectionable

Details (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):
    2013-07-15 00:50:30 <snip>: we understand he's your butt buddy... but shut it
    And you do wonder why?! -__-

Deleted
    Why come here to complain? For sympathy?

Any forum ban is gonna be deserved, everyone that comes here says it's not, awfully funny coincidence that.

Truth is you're leaving something out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I highly doubt that is the entire story.
    Sorry, I made a mistake. Since it was posted back in 2012, I couldn't remember the thread name.
    However, yeah, if you look on the first page, its pretty much the story
    Last edited by mmoc1977bac1ec; 2013-07-22 at 09:39 PM.

nooooobody important caaaarrreeesss
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnsome View Post
    Sorry, I made a mistake. Since it was posted back in 2012, I couldn't remember the thread name.
    However, yeah, if you look above, its the entire story.
    *cough*
    A permanent forum ban has been placed on this account due to previous suspension history.
    *cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    *cough*

*cough*
    Can't believe in the entire year I've been banned from the forums, I didn't see that message. However I've had no warnings in the past.
    Also whats even more funny is, I haven't been suspended from the forums ever. So this previous "Suspension" nonsense is not true.
    Last edited by mmoc1977bac1ec; 2013-07-22 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    I'm sorry if this is just another "I got banned" post. I have given the entire story, at least from what I can tell from the "account banned" page. It's not like I made another post that was actually breaking forum rules and they decided to ban me for this one, and once again sorry if this is just another banned post, but trolling on the forums happens all the time, probably on the majority of pages in every thread on the forums, but people are not banned for that.

One other thing I found curious was that blizzard didn't send me an e-mail about this, even though their battle.net explanation of a ban says that any player who receives one will receive an e-mail, and indeed in the distant past for other similar things I have received an e-mail every time.

My question is why should blizzard respond to some posts they consider "trolling" meanwhile posts that actually are trolling get made virtually all the time without receiving any punishment. It just seems that their method of dealing with posts they don't like is extremely inconsistent.
    ok, got your question but why ask us why blizzard does something, why not ask them, no one but them will be able to give you the correct answer, go to the source, makes no sense asking people who cant answer the question honestly, sure we can speculate or guess but why not ask them if you want to know why they do something

I have been banned for some stupid stuff before. I think the forum mods think its LFD or something. If someone down rates a post mods dont even read the post they just ban. Just like in LFD when someone initiates a vote kick everyone just automatically hits yes even if the person was doing nothing wrong.

So I received a forum ban recently for 3 days, about to expire. The reasoning behind it baffled me. Here is exactly what I posted:

Revive pet has been removed. (Pets now die permanently and require re-taming)
    Are you honestly telling me you weren't trolling? You truly believed that every time your pet dies you have to retame it? If the notes had said weapon repair has been removed, would you conclude that you must complete a raid and reroll/reloot until you get that weapon again? No, of course not, you would logically assume something had been mistyped or taken out of context and would make more sense after a little investigation. If you truly, honestly believed you would have to retame your pet of choice after every BG, every raid, hell after every time you go afk and accidentally get attacked by a mob, then the ban will do you some good just to clear your head and give you an opportunity to recover some common sense.

Isn't it funny that you got banned because of your non-constructive "feedback" about some datamined nerf to an ability, that actually turned out to be a buff? No I'm sorry, let's hurry to the forums and act like someone who's trying to troll for the first time in their life, much better idea.

A GM on their website even posted "We know your damage is low. We are going to fix it. If you don't believe that, that's your choice, but ranting about it isn't going to accomplish anything." in the hunter PvE thread and you're still blessed enough to post what you did. You should've gotten a month or something lol.

I know Mend Pet has nothing to do with damage, but it shows how annoyed they are at your kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Why come here to complain? For sympathy?

Any forum ban is gonna be deserved, everyone that comes here says it's not, awfully funny coincidence that.

Truth is you're leaving something out.
    he wants to know why blizzard did it to him, coming here is like asking burger king why mcdonalds sells mcnuggets, makes no sense to me

Deleted
    Can't believe in the entire year I've been banned from the forums, I didn't see that message. However I've had no warnings in the past.
    Also whats even more funny is, I haven't been suspended from the forums ever. So this previous "Suspension" nonsense is not true.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    WE can't know.

Your post was necro, was pointless, it wasn't perma-ban worthy, but maybe you catched one of the mods in a bad mood.
    Everything is possible.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the official wow forums but they aren't moderated very well..some obvious troll posts will last all weekend, while whole (seemingly) innocuous threads are deleted within the first or second page.

I got a ban once for posting in a "what is your favorite expansion" thread. There was no reason given (I had said Wrath was my favorite xpac), but I noticed some clean/nontrolling threads that week get deleted regarding to Wrath nostalgia, so apparently one of the mods wasn't a WoLK fan. Lol.

Anyway, I stopped posting there after that except for some PTR feedback in the PTR forums. The forums just aren't well managed there.

Deleted
    It says you got a warning.. not a perma ban
    In for a penny, in for a pound... This is a perma-ban...

Origination: Forums / Comments
    Ban Type: Spamming / Trolling
    Expires: Permanent
    Ban Reason: Flamebaiting, mockery or ridicule, i.e. trolling/provocation: http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct

By: Endemonadia, L85 Undead Rogue, Draenor
    Forum > General
    Thread Title:
    Low populated/ unbalanced servers
    Reply #937
    Timestamp:
    15-Feb-2012 16:34:36
    I lol at the people who think Blizzard will ever fix this... they wont, so just pay xfer and stop wasting your time on the forums about it.

Is this really worth a permaban?

This was my 1 and only post on that thread... In reality i guess Blizzard had enough of me. But this post is hardly trolling, it was posted as genuine good advice for all those guys QQing about their low-pop realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    However, yeah, if you look on the first page, its pretty much the story
    I'm not convinced.

How is the thread started by a level 75 druid? There was only one topic I saw with that title. Is that 75 Druid part of your post the level / class of the person who issued the ban?

But more on topic-

The thread itself seemed highly sarcastic.

That and the fact that after looking through the post history for Drizzie, all I found were a bunch of trollish posts.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-07-22 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Adding/correcting stuff

Deleted
    i once got banned for posting a bug report on two different sub forums.

go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Is this really worth a permaban?
    No. They're very quick to ban people who are critical of Blizzard, from what I've seen. From what I understand, the forums do have some sort of "penalty volcano" though, so it's possible you had been banned one too many times right before your permaban.

Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post

go figure.
    I had a bug report deleted, where another thread on the issue did not exist and the bug was not listed in the known bug issues list. That was annoying.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-07-22 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I received a forum ban recently for 3 days, about to expire. The reasoning behind it baffled me. Here is exactly what I posted:

I am really glad they don't make major class changes in the middle of expansions.

Next xpac's notes:
    Mend pet has been removed.
    Stampede has been removed.
    Revive pet has been removed. (Pets now die permanently and require re-taming)

This post was made in response to the nerf to mend pet, which was later recalled because blizz either realized it was a mistake or because it was originally a typo. Now I know that blizzard has their "We can ban you for whatever reason we want. Hahaha." thing, but seriously I broke no forum rules and I haven't for more than a year. There are tons of these kinds of posts made on a daily basis that don't get people forum bans and this one was merely made in jest, and I will admit that I have made posts in the past worse than this that didn't get me banned.

They stated the reason for the ban was because I was "trolling", and apparently they don't know the meaning of the word because I wasn't trolling anybody and in fact my response to the change was the same as practically everyone elses. Was this merely a knee-jerk reaction by one of the devs just getting mad at me for what I typed? I can't think of any other reasoning as this not only shows their droppings of the banhammer to be petty but extremely inconsistent as well.

One other example is from a while ago, it was in response to a change blizzard was going to make that didn't ever happen (I forget what it was, the thread has since been deleted), but it was viewed as terrible by the majority of the posters responding. I said something along the lines of "Excuse me while I go renew my runescape account." and I got forum banned for that, and this time they didn't even give me a reason.

I know it's their game so they can do whatever they want, but how can these bannings be anything more than just them not liking what I posted and giving me a forum ban for that reason and simply writing it off as trolling?
    Well, I sense missing bits in the story.

And posting non-contributing things can also be seen as spam/trolling to some people. Most likely, you got reported by many players for having a post like that. Really, it can be harsh. But people need to take datamining with a grain of salf - No datamining note is official till a blue post confirms it upon patch release. And your post, well. I wouldn't consider it trolling, but I would consider it a bit of spam due to it not bringing anything to a discussion/thread.

But, that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    I got perma banned from their forums for telling the world about their 'PvP Vote AFK' glitch providing more support for griefers...

And today for using the word "butt" 7 days ago:

Account Action: Warning

Offense: Inappropriate
    This category includes both clear and masked language which:

* Is a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
    * Is otherwise considered objectionable

Details (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):
    2013-07-15 00:50:30 <snip>: we understand he's your butt buddy... but shut it
    You, don't understand why actions where taken? Most actions are pointed towards by the reporting tool as well as moderators. Some can find your phrase offensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post

go figure.
    Well, Blizzard does tell you to search for ongoing topics. It's the same topic but two different subforums, that is kindda close to spamming due to people not willing to actually go through the forums - even though we have a search function.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    In the words of Rob Pardo, theres always a different side of the each story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'm not convinced.

How is the thread started by a level 75 druid? There was only one topic I saw with that title. Is that 75 Druid part of your post the level / class of the person who issued the ban?

But more on topic-

The thread itself seemed highly sarcastic.

That and the fact that after looking through the post history for Drizzie, all I found were a bunch of trollish posts.
    I was a Tauren druid, and if I'm sure. I was the one who started the thread. It might of been deleted? However, I'm not trying to convince you. If you don't believe then don't.