Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Legendary cloak proc for all three specs info/testing results

So if I am correct, the legendary cloak should scale with arcanes mastery right?

Increases all spell damage done by up to 16%, based on the amount of mana the Mage has unspent.

I believe it is an invisible passive that increases all spell dmg, I'd imagine including the proc for the legendary...Can anyone confirm? And if I recall correctly, when I was looking at someones cloak I saw it had around the same rppms for me as them. When I was arcane..So I don't think they lowered it for arcane specifically. This would be a nice buff to arcane for sure. Considering it does 100% of spell power, now scale with sp (I have 82% mastery on live unbuffed, I'm sure in SoO I'll hit 100-120 easy.) So say I have 40k sp, well I'm going to have the same procs as a fire mage, but doing dble the dmg. And from what i've seen with a fire mage it turned out to be 2% of dmg, for arcane it would be almost 4% ish technically. That's pretty nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: No one knows D: Trying to find a mage with the legendary, saw a fire mage like I said above but I didn't get him to test. I will continue my search, I get my i600 cloak in the next week or two...So I will be able to test myself then but would prefer to know sooner.

EDIT: It's confirmed, by linking it in game, and clicking it while in frost/fire it was my exact SP, while in arcane it was higher than my SP equal to mastery's increased SP dmg. And the rppms are the same, they scale with haste as well. Sitting at 34.34% haste it's 4.03 rppms. Also frost armor doesn't affect it, not sure if raid buffs do or don't.

EDIT: It's unconfirmed, the cloak shows that it scales with mastery, but it doesn't. Very misleading. Going to try and post it on the bug report forums. so it doesn't show it when it isn't reflected, or it's supposed to scale and doesn't.

EDIT: Cloak was buffed to 200% of spellpower, just hoping they either fixed the tool-tip so it doesn't show it doing more damage as arcane or so they made it so it does scale with arcane mastery. I doubt it will, but if it does..It'll be strong as anything for arcane.

I find that the cloak procs more than it's 3.5 rppms. I'm hoping they make it so if it procs will the debuff is up, it adds the damage of the last proc that didn't finished, not sure if that is in or not. If it's about ~2% of our overall dmg now, after this buff it should be 3.5 - 4%, if it scales with arcane mastery....it'll probably be 7-8% of our total damage, THAT would be a strong legendary proc.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-08-02 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That just sounds sexy and might force me to put in some more effort into finishing the 5.2 and 5.3 chains. Haven't logged in in a month now.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    That just sounds sexy and might force me to put in some more effort into finishing the 5.2 and 5.3 chains. Haven't logged in in a month now.
    I had 10 stacks of tooshoolays and it was at like 124k dmg for my arcane mage when I linked it in chat..lol. Granted that won't be every time it procs, but you do the math still. With full siege gear it'll prob be 70-80k a proc, and with int procs it'll be even more. With my arcane haste at 18.06% (don't think haste raid buffs affect it) it has 3.54 rppms. So once I hit the haste hard cap for arcane, it should be at like 3.70 - 3.80 rppms. Basically with the int procs, it'll avg probably in full SoO gear as arcane 4 procs at about 90k each. 360k/minute x 10 for a 10 minute fight about 3.6m dmg total. This is just pure theorycrafting with averages as it may be lower or higher.

But yeah it'll be a nice boost in dmg.

With those #'s it's a 6k dps increase lol. Not...amazing but it's free. I'd still like if they buffed melee to 40% of ap every .5 seconds for 3 seconds and the caster one to 200% of sp. But if you look at it as a 3-6k dps increase for a whole raid. I mean you would be looking at ~75k dps increase for the raid just for having cloaks in full siege gear.

Probably once 5.4 hits with people in mixed heroic/normal ToT gear it'll be a 3k ish dps increase for most people..still something extra.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-23 at 07:33 AM.

Arcane mastery has always worked of every spell damage you do to the target. So as the cloak is your spell damage, it's upped by mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think that fire mage was me Vynestra..I do remember talking with a few people while I was testing it on some raid dummies. If you want me to try some things let me know what you want me to test, specs, etc and I will see when I can get them done for you.
    Last edited by Divr; 2013-07-23 at 11:29 PM.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    Think that fire mage was me Vynestra..I do remember talking with a few people while I was testing it on some raid dummies. If you want me to try some things let me know what you want me to test, specs, etc and I will see when I can get them done for you.
    It definitely was. If you can test a mastery heavy arcane for me that would be amazing. A haste heavy frost (after the mastery change/fix they're implementing soon hopefully) And fire again to get an accurate reading

Also, they broke the amplification trinket. It has an equip effect on it and the proc doesn't work lol.

If you can do like a few 5-10 minute sessions and see the overall dmg for each frost arcane and fire. If you can post your sp, mastery, haste and trinket for arcane. Sp, haste and trinkets for frost. And then just sp and trinkets for fire. Along with total damage and how much dmg the cloak did, and how many times it proc'd that would be amazing info, also the rppms on the cloak for fire, arcane and frost would be very helpful as well (right now it's the same for the class just changes dependent on haste but yeah). You don't have to do this, as they may still change the cloaks or when I get my cloak next week I can do some testing myself. If you can though it'd be a HUGE help. Thanks :3!
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-24 at 01:31 AM.

Lol, I saw you in Shrine on PTR a couple nights ago and did a double take. I was thinking I recognized the name from MMO Chanp, but wasn't sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    It definitely was. If you can test a mastery heavy arcane for me that would be amazing. A haste heavy frost (after the mastery change/fix they're implementing soon hopefully) And fire again to get an accurate reading
    I can definitely do the fire one, however for frost/arcane my gearing of course wont be as optimal as it should be (trinkets/offset tier pieces).

Also, they broke the amplification trinket. It has an equip effect on it and the proc doesn't work lol.
    So does it not work at all....for the tests I will probably put back on my live trinkets then if some of the new trinkets aren't working.

With work and raids on live I am probably looking at Thursday/Friday when I will start doing the testing and post what I can.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    I can definitely do the fire one, however for frost/arcane my gearing of course wont be as optimal as it should be (trinkets/offset tier pieces).

So does it not work at all....for the tests I will probably put back on my live trinkets then if some of the new trinkets aren't working.

With work and raids on live I am probably looking at Thursday/Friday when I will start doing the testing and post what I can.
    Okay thanks a lot! I want to let you know the 5.4 trinkets were fixed and named for the most part.

The amp one now amps secondary stats by 13 or 14% on equip and has an icd 11.7k int proc. Then the wrath of the darkspear tooshoolays both work. I recommend those too, or if you want you can use the really bad cleave one with almost 2k mastery on it to boost your mastery..I'd say do the first two first, and the bonus mastery one with cleaving. Gonna check now if the other trinkets were changed at all. Nope not sure how the cleave one will do...I guess good on cleave fights but otherwise bad. The multi-strike may be good...but idk if it's better than the top two looking ones atm.

I don't have raid tomorrow, I'll be online around 9 est ish, 8 my time tomorrow night...If you want I can hop on to look at the testing too.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-25 at 08:25 AM.

So if I am correct, the legendary cloak should scale with arcanes mastery right?
    Inb4Mastery is changed to "Increases all damage you deal with YOUR spells
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    The fact that the Cloak provide the same Damage done for all three specs, i dont think they will change the scaling with mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascylia View Post
    The fact that the Cloak provide the same Damage done for all three specs, i dont think they will change the scaling with mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Inb4Mastery is changed to "Increases all damage you deal with YOUR spells
    Yeah if it's coming out average the same between them all, the mastery one does more but they won't change it unless they buff the cloak a lot. Right now it's not a huge increase dmg wise....So I don't think they're gonna change it.

If they do nerf it though, I'd be incredibly sad. It'd be stupid to. Frost gets more procs from haste, brings the damage up. Fire gets more procs just because they have so many damaging spells constantly, hence why the trinkets proc more for fire than arcane. And arcane gets mastery for the lack of procs that fire gets. It's quite balanced imo. A nerf to arcanes would make it have the weakest cloak proc.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-26 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im getting 3 new character transfers over with some better gearing choices for the 3 specs, so Im in the process of creating 3 different mages with the legendary cloak so I can do some better testing on dummies/raids etc. I have my fire mage complete (using 5 piece t16 only due to the stat increases over t15 set pieces; and using the int/crit and int proc/14% haste/mastery/critdmg trinkets (unless you have better choices)). I will be attempting to put together a frost and arcane mage tonight or tomorrow (depending on how long servers are down). To be tested:
    1. Fire (5k Haste build)
    2. Arcane (Mastery Heavy build)
    3. Frost (Haste Heavy build)

I can't see why they'd nerf it. They balance around overall DPS so unless it was 10-15% of damage done, I can't see them caring much about 5% coming from the cloak proc. The rest of arcane's damage will be balanced around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im getting 3 new character transfers over with some better gearing choices for the 3 specs, so Im in the process of creating 3 different mages with the legendary cloak so I can do some better testing on dummies/raids etc. I have my fire mage complete (using 5 piece t16 only due to the stat increases over t15 set pieces; and using the int/crit and int proc/14% haste/mastery/critdmg trinkets (unless you have better choices)). I will be attempting to put together a frost and arcane mage tonight or tomorrow (depending on how long servers are down). To be tested:
    1. Fire (5k Haste build)
    2. Arcane (Mastery Heavy build)
    3. Frost (Haste Heavy build)
    Kk..I was off tomorrow but work called me in 2-8 my time, 3-9 est. Not sure what your time zone is, however I'll be checking the thread once I get home. If you do it tomorrow night I can hop on. Happy to see you testing it all, thanks a lot for sure. I'm very interested in the results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kk..I was off tomorrow but work called me in 2-8 my time, 3-9 est. Not sure what your time zone is, however I'll be checking the thread once I get home. If you do it tomorrow night I can hop on. Happy to see you testing it all, thanks a lot for sure. I'm very interested in the results.
    Yea I will be doing the testing tomorrow, got all 3 mages setup, just need the cloak on the frost mage and im set to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I will be doing the testing tomorrow, got all 3 mages setup, just need the cloak on the frost mage and im set to start.
    Kk thanks again! At this point I don't think they're gonna do any changes...Atleast if they did you'd have the chars set up. Hopefully we'll be able to take these results and they'll just leave the cloaks alone so they're like this when we hit live, and we'll have an accurate standing of how much dps they'll do for mages.

Deleted
    Quick question. Just killed the 4 celestial and got the item to empower the cloak, used it and nothing happened. Cloak is still epic and not legendary. What went wrong?

EDIT: I guess it's because I hadn't a fee slot in the inventory because a new item would be created...
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2013-07-27 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire Mage (5k Haste build, Mage Armor for Combusts):
    Spell Power 42186
    Haste 5398
    Hit 14.95%
    Crit Chance 15645
    Mastery 4551

Trinkets:
    5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boxx X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (5) { Int / Crit Proc }
    Purified Bindings of Immerseus

Buffs:
    Molten Armor (Mage Armor for Combusts)
    Intellect
    Flask

Tests (3 Minute Tests):
    Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Test 4 Test 5
    Total Damage 54,245,860 45,718,311 47,750,744 43,026,891 44,891,735
    Cloak Damage 997,706 (1.9%) 870,411 (1.9%) 1,481,921 (3.2%) 1,437,482 (3.4%) 836,774 (1.9%)
    Cloak Ticks 53 50 82 86 55
    Cloak RPPM 3.38 PPM 3.38 PPM 3.38 PPM 3.38 PPM 3.38 PPM

Arcane Mage (Mastery Heavy):
    Spell Power 39,277
    Haste 7940
    Hit 15.00%
    Crit Chance 8296
    Mastery 17300

Trinkets:
    Alpha and Omega

Buffs:
    Mage Armor
    Intellect
    Flask

Tests (3 Minute Tests):
    Total Damage 42,459,7782 44,522,530 51,618,448 44,720,645 49,775,829
    Cloak Damage 726,053 (1.7%) 829,768 (1.9%) 1,386,478 (2.7%) 788,919 (1.8%) 1,123,361 (2.3%)
    Cloak Ticks 58 50 74 53 68
    Cloak RPPM 3.56 PPM 3.56 PPM 3.56 PPM 3.56 PPM 3.56 PPM

Frost Mage (Haste Heavy):
    Spell Power 40,690
    Haste 16,832
    Hit 15.31%
    Crit Chance 8244
    Mastery 5457

Trinkets:
    Alpha and Omega

Buffs:
    Frost Armor
    Intellect
    Flask

Tests (3 Minute Tests):
    Total Damage 45,643,823 46,980,963 44,778,439 44,120,350 45,228,550
    Cloak Damage 1,592,799 (4.1%) 868,384 (2.2%) 1,346,567 (3.6%) 1,146,825 (3.1%) 1,121,871 (3.0%)
    Cloak Ticks 104 59 86 77 68
    Cloak RPPM 3.91 PPM 3.91 PPM 3.91 PPM 3.91 PPM 3.91 PPM

From my testing it appears that some of the discrepancies between the tests are most likely do to Alter Time use in conjunction with the cloak procs. If you haven't done any testing before with the cloak please note that when the cloak procs you actually get a buff on you that stacks, such that your next damaging spell will cause the essence of yulon proc.
    Last edited by Divr; 2013-07-27 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire Mage (5k Haste build, Mage Armor for Combusts):
    Spell Power 42186
    Haste 5398
    Hit 14.95%
    Crit Chance 15645
    Mastery 4551

Trinkets:
    5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boxx X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (5) { Int / Crit Proc }

Buffs:
    Molten Armor (Mage Armor for Combusts)
    Intellect
    Flask

Tests (3 Minute Tests):
    Total Damage 54,245,860 45,718,311 47,750,744 43,026,891 44,891,735
    Cloak Damage 997,706 (1.9%) 870,411 (1.9%) 1,481,921 (3.2%) 1,437,482 (3.4%) 836,774 (1.9%)
    Cloak Ticks 53 50 82 86 55
    Cloak RPPM 3.38 PPM 3.38 PPM 3.38 PPM 3.38 PPM 3.38 PPM

Arcane Mage (Mastery Heavy):
    Spell Power 39,277
    Haste 7940
    Hit 15.00%
    Crit Chance 8296
    Mastery 17300

Trinkets:
    Alpha and Omega

Buffs:
    Mage Armor
    Intellect
    Flask

Tests (3 Minute Tests):
    Total Damage 42,459,7782 44,522,530 51,618,448 44,720,645 49,775,829
    Cloak Damage 726,053 (1.7%) 829,768 (1.9%) 1,386,478 (2.7%) 788,919 (1.8%) 1,123,361 (2.3%)
    Cloak Ticks 58 50 74 53 68
    Cloak RPPM 3.56 PPM 3.56 PPM 3.56 PPM 3.56 PPM 3.56 PPM

Frost Mage (Haste Heavy):
    Spell Power 40,690
    Haste 16,832
    Hit 15.31%
    Crit Chance 8244
    Mastery 5457

Trinkets:
    Alpha and Omega

Buffs:
    Frost Armor
    Intellect
    Flask

Tests (3 Minute Tests):
    Total Damage 45,643,823 46,980,963 44,778,439 44,120,350 45,228,550
    Cloak Damage 1,592,799 (4.1%) 868,384 (2.2%) 1,346,567 (3.6%) 1,146,825 (3.1%) 1,121,871 (3.0%)
    Cloak Ticks 104 59 86 77 68
    Cloak RPPM 3.91 PPM 3.91 PPM 3.91 PPM 3.91 PPM 3.91 PPM

From my testing it appears that some of the discrepancies between the tests are most likely do to Alter Time use in conjunction with the cloak procs. If you haven't done any testing before with the cloak please note that when the cloak procs you actually get a buff on you that stacks, such that your next damaging spell will cause the essence of yulon proc.

I'm kind of shocked at the results. I mean it looks like frost benefits the most because of more procs, then fire because of all the damage to proc it...And then arcane is last. Which is weird. I do like the fact arcane and fire are tied damage wise standing still almost (three-minute dps test wise). Arcane probably won't get nerfed, where fire will because in full siege gear it'll scale to ridiculous lengths..

I guess re-looking at it, arcane and fire seem about tied ish with regards to the cloak proc...It's just interesting to see how the cloak doesn't benefit too heavily from mastery.

Oh another thing it's also rng dependent on WHEN it procs, if it procs with or without int procs up..That is key. Because it looks like fire had the same ticks as arcane and ended up with more damage, probably more int..and if the ticks can crit, theres more damage there too.

So it looks like arcane won't be super ahead with cloak damage (if anything possibly behind). Overall the results are pretty pleasing. Frost is still behind fire and arcane slightly dmg wise.

Of course as well as you saying alter-time is a reason the damage changes as well..interesting

Thanks again for the testing! Definitely gives us a good idea of what to expect when it hits live.

Honestly though, with fire getting nerfed...frost is looking REALLY viable next patch, surprisingly.

EDIT #2: I just want to say icicles on the ptr are still bugged, not sure if it's intentional or to be fixed but if a FB crits for 100k, you have 50% mastery it should do 50k icicle, on the ptr atm it only does 25k. Which means frost is definitely viable next patch compared to arcane/fire once that is fixed.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-28 at 02:02 AM.