10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Its not that bad if doing a completionist run in terms of length, else ME1 is a short game. Should be around 24-25 hours in total if bothering with the Mako exploration.
    About halfway through, I usually just say "fuck it" and go to Virmire and then Ilos.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    nah he'd jump back in time and kick the leviathan's asses before they made the reapers and become the ruler of the universe
    That would have been a great setting for ME3 to be honest Shepard and crew (without that stupid imprisonment at the beginning) learn from Dr. Bryson about the Leviathans and then proceed to find a time machine. They then travel back to the time of the Leviathans and the rest of the game is about either defeating the Leviathans or telling them that creating a super AI is a very bad idea (probably with a holovid of the Reapers or something). Obviously this would fill a whole game as you would have to prove yourself to the ego-manic Leviathans.

At the end of the game the Leviathans are without intentions of creating a super AI which means no Harbinger, no cycles and Shepard WINS without the stupid crucible

Deleted
    Getting along peacefully with an entire race of supernatural Kim-Jong Ills?

No you DESTROY them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post

No you DESTROY them.
    Paragon Shepard loves. Renegade Shepard destroys, playing the sociopath that is renegade Shep. I've got to say, I don't really care for anybody in the game. Everyone is expendable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post

No you DESTROY them.
    Ok then Shepard destroys the Leviathans before they can create that stupid AI. Shepard could easily rally the races of the Leviathan´s cycle because it is Shepard (no seriously apparently Shepard is a charming "negotiation god").

No Leviathans -> no Catalyst -> no Harbinger -> no harvest -> Shepard as the new Ruler of the Galaxy

Oh and the ending would be a "classic" ME3 fashion ending with 3 different colors. Red destroys the Leviathans at the cost of Liara Blue turns Shepard into the Leviathan GOD and Yellow merges every living being with the Leviathans turning everyone into big fucking Squid hybrids.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-07-23 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    That would have been a great setting for ME3 to be honest Shepard and crew (without that stupid imprisonment at the beginning) learn from Dr. Bryson about the Leviathans and then proceed to find a time machine. They then travel back to the time of the Leviathans and the rest of the game is about either defeating the Leviathans or telling them that creating a super AI is a very bad idea (probably with a holovid of the Reapers or something). Obviously this would fill a whole game as you would have to prove yourself to the ego-manic Leviathans.

At the end of the game the Leviathans are without intentions of creating a super AI which means no Harbinger, no cycles and Shepard WINS without the stupid crucible
    So they go to the Mars archives and find the Doctor and his TARDIS?

Or maybe during the London mission
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-07-23 at 01:43 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So they go to the Mars archives and find the Doctor and his TARDIS?

Or maybe during the London mission
    After Dr. Bryson told Shepard about the Leviathans Hackett sends Shepard to Earth to speak to a guy calling himself the "Doc". Shepard then meets Marty McFly and the Doc and they use the DeLorean to travel back to the Leviathans time.

Oh man that would be amazing (Marty and the Doc ended in the ME3 timeline because they entered the wrong year while time-traveling).

- - - Updated - - -

Alternatively the Doc equips the Normandy with his time travel equipment so that the Normandy can travel back to the Leviathans time (which would make sense instead of the DeLorean)

Deleted
    And Shepard would never exist because the only reason mankind survived & made it to space travel is because other civilization were wiped by the reapers. Without reapers the race that would follow the leviathans, or even the leviathan them self, if you don't kill them, will spread over each habitable planet including earth and prevent the apes from evolving by eating them for food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    And Shepard would never exist because the only reason mankind survived & made it to space travel is because other civilization were wiped by the reapers. Without reapers the race that would follow the leviathans, or even the leviathan them self, if you don't kill them, will spread over each habitable planet including earth and prevent the apes from evolving by eating them for food.
    And it would doom the universe forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is entire appropriate here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBBw9E2Q_aY

Shepard wouldn't of been famous if all the reaper business didn't put him in the spotlight.

I would so frame that and hang it on my wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post

I would so frame that and hang it on my wall.
    This is the best thing ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Damn of course there can´t be anything without a hitch somewhere. So no "ME3: Back to the Future" then

I don´t quite get the need of cycles for evolution tho´. Do we have Reapers in our reality too? We did evolve without space-squids too so maybe humanity in the ME universe would evolve even without cycles and possibly Synthetics would peacefully co-exist with Organics if the Reapers weren't using them constantly.

You guys are right that Shepard would not have been such a prominent person in the ME lore if there weren't the whole Prothean beacon stuff, Reapers, Sovereign, Saren and Harbinger.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-07-24 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn of course there can´t be anything without a hitch somewhere. So no "ME3: Back to the Future" then

I don´t quite get the need of cycles for evolution tho´. Do we have Reapers in our reality too? We did evolve without space-squids too so maybe humanity in the ME universe would evolve even without cycles and possibly Synthetics would peacefully co-exist with Organics if the Reapers weren't using them constantly.
    I think its more about the races of the galaxy becoming a threat to the galaxy themselves by large intergalactic conflicts rather then the reapers wiping advanced species out to protect the galaxy against the chaos that would eventually follow if they where allowed to keep existing. Main reason they did not touch humanity during the cavemen stages.

Its not a direct threat in this stage of ME lore but that makes one wonder if it really was a wise decision to wipe out the reapers as they where cleaning out troublemaker races on a regular basis.

Deleted
    You guys are right that Shepard would not have been such a prominent person in the ME lore if there weren't the whole Prothean beacon stuff, Reapers, Sovereign, Saren and Harbinger.
    I like to think of it like Trunks in DBZ.
    He goes back in time to prevent Frieza from killing everyone, despite being sent back after the androids who showed up a few years after Frieza killed everyone.
    Or so i have understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Its not a direct threat in this stage of ME lore but that makes one wonder if it really was a wise decision to wipe out the reapers as they where cleaning out troublemaker races on a regular basis.
    You gotta fight.
    For your right.
    To party!

Humans were never ones to die quietly just because it would be good overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Reapers are hypocrites; by destroying all advanced life in the galaxy, they are causing the very thing they are trying to prevent: galactic war.
    Statix will suffice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    The Reapers are hypocrites; by destroying all advanced life in the galaxy, they are causing the very thing they are trying to prevent: galactic war.
    But they weren't trying to prevent Galactic War. They were trying to prevent the chaos from a Galactic Organic versus Synthetic Conflict. Though arguably by using the Geth they were the instigator for the current cycles conflict since for the most part there were no large scale Organic vs Synthetic conflicts though if it wasn't the geth there likely would have been something else. As Mass Effect is full of non-geth synthetic life causing problems and on the brink of "something more".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Let's not pretend the eternal synthetic vs. organic conflict made sense given it was invented in the last 5 minutes of ME3. After I'd just finished resolving said conflict with the Geth.

I always thought it would make more sense if they implied that the Leviathans THOUGHT synthetic vs. organic conflict was inevitable because of the experiences of their cycle, and the Citadel VI was just mindlessly executing its programming with that presumption hard-coded. And then Shepard could reject their fatalistic view if he'd made peace with the Geth, insist that its programming was wrong and then destroy the Reapers or reprogram them or whatever. Which would fit with the VI's implication that it can't alter its own programming and only Shepard's intervention can do that (even if the VI suspects that its own programming is wrong, it can't alter it). But if that's what they were going for, it was too muddled and didn't come across. Instead we get a clumsy 2001: A Space Odyssey artsy fartsy end that made no sense.

P.S. I feel like I'm the only person in the world who actually LIKED the Mako. The weird driving-veritcally-up-mountains thing aside. Reminded me of Starflight (which I later read was indeed a major influence on ME).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Let's not pretend the eternal synthetic vs. organic conflict made sense given it was invented in the last 5 minutes of ME3. After I'd just finished resolving said conflict with the Geth.
    It wasn't invented in the last 5 minutes of the ME3. You were only told that it was the reason for the cycle in the last 5 minutes. Mass Effect is filled with Organic vs Synthetic conflicts. All three games had such things, and ME2 had a bunch of rogue mechs to deal with. All of the revelations in Mass Effect 3 had hints in the previous games.

The ending made perfect sense with in the confines of the game. There was always a hidden control center and brain of the Citadel that no one ever found. Something directed the keepers. Something made it habitable to the first people to discover it each cycle. Something maintained it over the cycles.

And the ending was hardly artsy fartsy.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-07-30 at 02:37 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."