Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Regardless of in-game or outside of game, you just don't cuss someone out.

After all, who the hell cusses someone out over a game? People who are children, that's who.
    Who cries if a child cusses them out? Another child, that's who.

Leaders who can't do their leading job until they get to the boiling rage-yelling point are crappy leaders. A good percentage of decent players with attention responsibility can figure out what goes wrong. Anyone of them can rage-yell at a role until someone, not necessarily the person responsible, feels so bad they quit/cry/feels so bad they can't focus on their task in later runs. A good leader can figure out the mistake and give a strategy talk earlier. THEN there might be time for shiftouts, not making people cry ffs. That said, I regularly run into people both at work and generally IRL I'd love to yell at for not even knowing what's going on around them, so it's kinda hard to say without being there. I swear there's people who wouldn't even realize the fight had started over again even if Garrosh himself jumped out of a portal and impaled him on his shoulder tusks.
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you raid hardcore, you have to able to be angry with people. You can dick around ingame all day and do all sorts of random shit, but during raid times, you can't play favorites. People that fail consistently need a firm talking to. That may go paired with angry voice. Never had any actual screaming, but there were times you could hear the frustration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    If you raid hardcore, you have to able to be angry with people. You can dick around ingame all day and do all sorts of random shit, but during raid times, you can't play favorites. People that fail consistently need a firm talking to. That may go paired with angry voice. Never had any actual screaming, but there were times you could hear the frustration.
    Doesn't work with everyone in every situation. Some people react better if you stay calm, or repeat what you said. There are also different gradations in anger. Also take note the OP isn't in a hardcore raiding guild. They were gearing up for ToT by doing HoF Heroic. Hardcore raiding guilds didn't do that in 5.2/5.3 patch, they were already full BiS long ago.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Hahahaha oh man as being a former top tier raider yeah I've heard people cry hell even cry to me on skype / vent from time to time. You wanna know how my raid life was life in Woltk? Here I'll give you all a just of it

Yeah people will cry if they are treated like this.

If you're in a progression guild and you don't heal the tank for 9 seconds I would expect that sort of reaction. Raid leading is a lot like baby sitting, sometimes you have to scold the children that won't do their chores.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

MOAR DOTS!

Gotta love ragers...glad you did the warm up run so you didn't waste a TOT run with a screamer.

Deleted
    Being an ex raid leader and GM on the best guild in the server in TBC and Wotlk i can relate to this.

If player A messes up 1,2,3,4 or even 5 times i will calmly tell them to focus (seriously no rage at this point)

But if they mess up again i lose my shit and go beserk.

I recall one incident on Teron where i'd say atleast half couldn't control the ghosts correctly (which wasn't difficult, seriously it was easy)
    Now we'd been wiping on this for 3 hours and just before the last attempt i said "Right the next twat that fucks up on some simple shitty ghost crap can find themselves a new guild, because frankly if you can't do it you must been purely retarded"

3 People got kicked and one was very upset - what can i say i was an angry teenager in WoW back in the day.

Raid lead all through Cataclysm, and no I never made anyone cry. There were a couple of arguments, but we were adults about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think we were all too uncomfortable to boot her from channel when she was already so upset so we just pretended like the game had a new sobbingwoman soundtrack.
    Fuckin hell I feel bad that I laughed at that.

Deleted
    I'm not a fan of insults and raging, but I would silently curse my raid colleagues at some times during icc progression.

It's like, if 10 players are able to get out of the fire, use cooldowns at the right moment, move when you have to move, how come there are people who always fail at it? I mean, one mistake two mistakes that happens, but when I'm actually monitoring some dps that takes 3 seconds to move I feel like raging. No one has ninja reflexes, but constantly failing...The problem here is that those people don't work hard at improving, they just want to do the minimum job to down the bosses and get loot.

If you're not playing a game with the goal of becoming better at it, then I'd say you aren't a raider worth bringing. Especially with all the resources that nowadays you can get in order to become great at your class. OP, in your situation if I was the raid leader I wouldn't yell or rage, but I'd say all the things he said in a calm but urgent tone of voice. Making people realize that they're spot isn't guaranteed tends to bring awesome results.

Short story:

I had an enhancement shaman who couldn't "run" when syndragosa pulled the raid into her. We had to b rez him in every single attempt. No one raged with him, but we didn't invite him for 10man raids ever again that's for sure.
    Last edited by mmocac141d2a8a; 2013-07-25 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    I had an enhancement shaman who couldn't "run" when syndragosa pulled the raid into her. We had to b rez him in every single attempt. No one raged with him, but we didn't invite him for 10man raids ever again that's for sure.
    I rrrremember a rrrresto shaman frrrrrom Scotland who also had this issue. She claimed she popped Ghost Wolf ev'rrrry time, but was still somehow too slow. After a couple o' wipes I managed to surrrvive the wipe, HSed to Dalarrran, bought herrrr a boots rrrrun speed enchant (she didn't have it) and lou 'n behold: the prrroblem was solved! As you can see, I still sufferrrr frrrom this memorrry as the way she spoke on ventrrrrilo was quite memorrrable.

Yeah, it happened. For good reason though. If people are too stupid to grasp a mechanic after 2 wipes or they still have no idea how to play their class after clearing previous raiding tiers - they deserve to be putted down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Yeah, it happened. For good reason though. If people are too stupid to grasp a mechanic after 2 wipes or they still have no idea how to play their class after clearing previous raiding tiers - they deserve to be putted down.
    If people can't understand that no one deserves to be put down just because they are bad at a game they don't deserve friends. You can give constructive criticism and/or remove them from the raid without being a jerk and putting them down.

The RL is clueless because attenuation is an avoidable mechanic if you move. The people who were dying were at fault, not the heals. 0 heals needed for an avoidable mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    if my Raid Leader screamed at me like a child having a tantrum... well he wouldn't be my raid leader. There's telling people they're not doing something right, and working through it.. then there's behaving like a immature self-entitled arsehole. A good raid leader doesn't lose their cool like that

And the RL should know the mechanics. Don't move out of Attenuation, you die, as others have noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Personally, I think it would be hilarious if Troll Druids turned into walking cannabis plants.

I absolutely dont think anyone who loses their cool after a 4th wipe on current-expansion heroic raid is fit to be raid leader. Especially the fact it's a game, yet don't even do it in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    I absolutely dont think anyone who loses their cool after a 4th wipe on current-expansion heroic raid is fit to be raid leader. Especially the fact it's a game, yet don't even do it in real life.
    A game that is very easy just like nerfed old content. It is funny to think that a adult is incapable of using a few buttons,cds and move out of crap. Wow is a simple game but I guess some people are real real slow. If you make mistakes expect a reaction and if you dont like then gtfo. Raiding hardcore has always been this way, they should have a bench to simply remove the baddie and replace her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet View Post
    if my Raid Leader screamed at me like a child having a tantrum... well he wouldn't be my raid leader. There's telling people they're not doing something right, and working through it.. then there's behaving like a immature self-entitled arsehole. A good raid leader doesn't lose their cool like that

And the RL should know the mechanics. Don't move out of Attenuation, you die, as others have noticed.
    A good raid leader tells it like it is. If you are a baddie you are told that you are bad and to get on the bench or leave the guild. This is one of the many thing that seperate the white knight fail guilds and progression oriented guilds that have been done with content.

That actually seems kind of normal.

When you have the same people fucking up over and over and over every single night but you can't find a replacement, the only way left to get through to these people is shout at them. Because as bad as they are, not having someone there for the 25th slot would be even worse.

Good raiders make great raid leaders.
    Bad raiders make pissed off raid leaders.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    EDIT: To everyone preaching that friendly, laid back and kind leaders are what people should look for, that's fine if you want to be consistently mediocre (or casual). If you want to be competitive, your leader needs to be strict and to the point. Friendliness doesn't get you anywhere in moderate to bleeding edge progression.
    There is difference between being strict and acting liek a little douchebag with a small junk who has to pour his whining on raid team -_-

i would like to bring back that OP was talking about team preparing to go to normal ToT not being a bleeding edge hardcore guild - this seem to got lost in those 23 pages.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-07-25 at 09:38 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    That actually seems kind of normal.

When you have the same people fucking up over and over and over every single night but you can't find a replacement, the only way left to get through to these people is shout at them. Because as bad as they are, not having someone there for the 25th slot would be even worse.

Good raiders make great raid leaders.
    Bad raiders make pissed off raid leaders.
    Shouting at an 18 year old with a buzzcut for doing boot camp wrong is one thing. Shouting at an Internet acquaintance on your team for playing a game wrong is another thing.

Humiliating people from a position of authority is an important step in brainwashing/deprogramming. But hopefully that's not what you're trying to achieve when you log onto WoW.