Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    More like trying to plant the seed of doubt into peoples head about what their money is actually doing. You know in the thread titled "where all our subscription money goes"
    I'm sorry you seem confused by the word 'all'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    No you have no clue. Vanilla and TBC is as good as this game got. Ofcourse if you haven't played or if you are the mouth breathing kind you won't know.
    You didn't read. Classic WoW...was never the "great video game of all time" and never will be. by ANY stretch
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    CEOs work their entire life to earn their positions and deserve every penny they of their salaries.
    You're pushin it...

More like trying to plant the seed of doubt into peoples head about what their money is actually doing. You know in the thread titled "where all our subscription money goes"
    It sounds like paranoia, to be rather honest. The money Blizzard makes goes to their employees, upkeep and maintenance of their buildings, development, etc. We don't know how much goes where, we don't know how much of X income goes to Y cost. This article is also talking about Activision Blizzard... not just Blizzard. That company makes a LOT more money as a whole.

I would love to see an explanation as to why all of that is so concerning... because as far as I can tell, yeah, a CEO might be getting a bit too much money. That's really it.

This is what I call blind allegiance. If you can't answer a simple question outside "it's the rules" there is nothing to discuss further.
    Why should we have to pay for internet when we already bought our modem / cable?

Who the hell cares? They earned the money they should be able to do with it what they please. How would you like it if you went to work, made that paycheck, and then you were told how you can spend it?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

So a dipshit blogger who apparently doesn't like Blizzard and who throws a few percentage values out there without citing *any* evidence whatsoever has convinced you that Mike Morhaime makes too much money?
    Do you believe everything that everyone tells you without evidence?

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I call blind allegiance. If you can't answer a simple question outside "it's the rules" there is nothing to discuss further.
    No no, you don't get it. I gave a perfectly good answer. Problem is that you want the answer that most suits you.

So when you buy a box of milk, what do you pay for? To get the actual milk that the company sells, to give the company more money so they can make more milk, to feed the cow that makes the milk?

What happens if the cow has died? Does your money just disappear into thin air?

I'm sure all the money I give Blizzard is going to some dark evil place. Maybe they're using it to develop drones that fly around giving puppies lice.

But Arenanet, all the money players give them is going towards making the world a better place. They're probably using the money to make brussel sprouts taste like cotton candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    I liked leveling and questing in Vanilla, your character was a lot weaker so you had to really make sure your pulls were accurate, saving cooldowns for when you pull more than 1 mob, upgrading your gear often because gear from quests were kinda rare, etc.

I liked it a lot more than the current brainless, Go to A, finish task B, gain levels. It takes no effort leveling now, only time. It's boring.
    It was pretty much brainless then as well. Yes, there were times you had to be careful with how you pulled something or what you pulled, but other than that, pretty mindless stuff. The only thing great about WoW's questing had nothing to do with the questing at all. It had to do with the world and exploration. But, while that was great, the fact that the quest text could be extremely misleading meant wasting a ton of your time searching for the right spot to do your quest. It was still go to A, finish task B, gain levels. So let's not pretend like classic WoW's questing was any more enjoyable, difficult, or complex. If anything, it was more tedious.

So this guy is saying Vanilla was better than WoW nowadays. Nostalgia anyone? I'm sure many people who are logical thinkers understand that it is not fun if you are a ret or prot paladin and are forced to go holy as was the case in Vanilla usually. Same problem with many other specs.

That's not blind allegiance. It's an explanation of one particular company's particular business model. You can either like it or hate it, but just because you understand that the company chooses to do business that way doesn't mean you're showing blind allegiance. In the same aspect, why do you have to rent a cable box in order to have digital cable you're already paying for? Why do you have to pay for parking to an event that you already bought a ticket for? It's the way it is. If you don't like it, don't participate. They're entitled to use the "free market" in the same way that you are. It's the way businesses thrive or die in a free market economy. If enough people don't agree with their business practices, they die. If enough do, they thrive. Plain and simple. But don't just attach the label "blind allegiance" because somebody doesn't agree with your opinion.

Well according to posters on MMO-C, your sub money only gives you access the servers so it doesn't matter where it goes. They could use it to buy burgers for all they care.

Agree with the article for the most part. Blizzard has done a lot of things which ruined WoW's MMORPG'ness in the past few years. Changing things which didn't need changing, as the author puts it.

LFG/LFR/CRZ/Virtual Realms = No server community. I knew people even on opposite sides of the faction, by name on my server. People had a reputation. It was like having your own neighborhood/high school.

You can't tell me one of the most important things to an MMO, isn't worth spending a few minutes in /2 chat to find a group ( I haven't done that for a while btw, I had a full friends list from people previously grouped with, and usually had an at least 3 player group ready to go)

If your server was on the smaller side, wasn't uncommon to run through Stormwind and recognize at least half of the people there. I have a feeling Blizzard regrets it deep down inside as well. Heroic Scenarios require a pre-made group after all. Flexi-raiding is a long the same lines as well, although I can't see it making much difference. LFG/LFR/CRZ/Virtual Realms are too big of a problem.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    it always funny to see these types of articles written and then see the arguments from the left and the right bicker over who's right and wrong.

the changes implemented by blizzard are both good and bad, depending on who you ask. its funny to see people in here say that vanilla/tbc questing was god awful because its simply not true to everyone because there were lots of people who enjoyed that type of system. the same goes the other way around with people who say that vanilla/tbc was the best questing because it quite frankly wasnt for some people, some people hated it.

people just need to stop and realize that not everyones opinion of the game is the same. some people believe everything blizzard has done to WoW is the best thing and others dont believe this to be the case. my hypothesis is that neither believer is right or wrong and people continue to play (or not play) for a variety of reasons

Quote Originally Posted by naranha View Post
    I mainly subscribe to WoW to fund the Titan project. I play it just occasionally...
    That is so selfless. Thanks friend! :')

why are we talking about subs as if they're taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    Blogger posting objective information as fact. More news at 11.
    Like what?

The main point is: The game is much worse now, than it was before. Of course it's an opinion. It's his blog. Is everyone supposed to start their sentence with "In my opinion", all the time?

As if it's fact?

"Mmm this pizza is tasty!"

"OMG retard, I don't like it. Stop stating that as if it's fact! That's YOUR opinion, GOD!"

Opinions are often stated as fact, you do it too. Half of the posts here did it.

Deleted
    They're are making insane profit so of course they can award the CEO for that. they're making money, that's all there is to it, it's how business works. Now, I would like the money to go to more projects, improving WoW faster and better, but the fact is, this is capitalism and this is how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    They're are making insane profit so of course they can award the CEO for that. they're making money, that's all there is to it, it's how business works. Now, I would like the money to go to more projects, improving WoW faster and better, but the fact is, this is capitalism and this is how it works.
    Agreed. The CEO wouldn't be rewarded for the quality of the game. Rather the profits that he leads the company to make. Even if the quality of the game is clearly worse, in my opinion (just for you SSniper), that most of the time doesn't mean that they make less money.

Kind of like Justin Bieber/Nicki Minaj have more fans, and make more money than serious artists. Their music is retarded (in my opinion), but they still make more money. Probably because most of the world is also retarded (in my opinion).

You are blindly throwing money just because you like playing the game you already payed for.
    You've paid for the game but being an MMO there is more to pay for then just design and updates... Not like blizzard owns the servers, nope they rented from AT&T last I heard).

I'm pretty sure that crap isn't cheap either... but I pray not 1.4billion a year... really hope I counted all those 0's correctly before I get corrected...
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...