Thread: Ice Floes 5.4

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ice Floes 5.4

So am I the only one that thinks the new Ice flows wording makes it play more like a passive instead of a clickable (KJs cunning). "Ice Flows now has 3 charges with a 20 second recharge time." Sounds to me like we can cast 3 times while moving gaining a debuff each time then said debuff is reset after 20 seconds? I realize its Floes but I'm on my phone and it auto corrected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore confirmed that it is still an active spell.

It will no longer have a CD as an ability per se but its not passive in that you still hit it to activate it.

It will be just like a Monks Roll or a Druid's Force of Nature, etc.
    Each charge has a 20 sec CD and the 2nd charge doesn't start recharging its CD until the first is done, and the 3rd doesn't start till the 2nd is done.

IE, you can use 1 charge every 20 secs. Or if you wait 60 secs, you can use it 3 times in a row (pressing it each time for each use).

Ice flows, frostbolt, ice flows, frostbolt, ice flows, frostbolt... (at this point you likely have around 12-15 sec for the first charge to come back off CD)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-07-24 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    So am I the only one that thinks the new Ice flows wording makes it play more like a passive instead of a clickable (KJs cunning). "Ice Flows now has 3 charges with a 20 second recharge time." Sounds to me like we can cast 3 times while moving gaining a debuff each time then said debuff is reset after 20 seconds? I realize its Floes but I'm on my phone and it auto corrected.

Possibly, good for frost, fire won't use it...A good trade off for arcane from what I am currently using (blazing speed). It's unfortunate arcane needs to stand in RoP...But atleast I can cast my RoP while moving now and save dps there.

Mages get KJC

Anyone see the new Ice Floes for mages? Allows them to cast on the move based on charges. Three charges, 20 second recharge. No penalty. I would probably rather have that than the old KJC. Blizz didn't like locks ducking in and out while casting fear and now we get mages doing that with poly. This comes after the frost nerf revert.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 3 charges, I wouldn't worry much. If polymorph or whatever proves to be an issue, it will be taken out of the possible spells cast-able with ice floes anyway.

mages can't ever get a decent sized nerf in pvp it seems. always revert the nerf, or over buff.
    ahh blizzard, you never change....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    mages can't ever get a decent sized nerf in pvp it seems. always revert the nerf, or over buff.
    Umm are you kidding? Locks get a big nerf and it got reverted so let's not go there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Anyone see the new Ice Floes for mages? Allows them to cast on the move based on charges. Three charges, 20 second recharge. No penalty. I would probably rather have that than the old KJC. Blizz didn't like locks ducking in and out while casting fear and now we get mages doing that with poly. This comes after the frost nerf revert.
    "Nerf revert"? What?

Also, is it passive or active? If Active, it's still garbage.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    "Nerf revert"? What?

it's active.

"Nerf revert"? What?

It's active, confirmed in a Blue Post. You have to press it each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Nerf revert"? What?

Based on what? Garbage is about as helpful as....well it's not helpful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"Nerf revert"? What?

It's active.

Source:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/265026-ice-floes/
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

This thread title, is the trollest of trollbait, yes this change is good, but it was needed, this was the least used talent because of how weak it was, now people might actually use it...maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Based on what? Garbage is about as helpful as....well it's not helpful.
    If you press it while casting (standing, then you move), you waste about half a charge. If you're moving, it's as annoying as it was spamming Fire and Brimstone as Destruction when you wanted to AoE (but worse).

I'll definitely say it's better than before, but I'll still stick with BS or PoM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it still in the same tier as PoM and rocketboost? its irrelevant then ^^

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    This thread title, is the trollest of trollbait, yes this change is good, but it was needed, this was the least used talent because of how weak it was, now people might actually use it...maybe
    If it was passive, I'd use it a lot more than now.

This change is much better, but it's still too weak because it's active, IMO.

It should be a toggleable like Fire and Brimstone's new change, and will not cancel until you lose all charges or turn it off. Standing still will not use a charge, but still keep it activated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Yes, it is, so like I said, still pretty garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Except for Pve Frost who wouldn't have dpsed for shit next patch if they didn't have a way of bolting mid move.

Still wouldn't take over Rocket for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Rogue-Mage-Priest-Warrior are the base classes, it's been understood the design goal is to keep all 4 of these classes viable in all aspects of the game, and the basic balance of the game is balanced around them. While different classes will attain FOTM status from time to time, blizz pretty much makes sure that these 4 classes are all competitive in both pvp and pve, with at least 1 spec, every single patch.

seeing how POM nerf was reverted, double POM > 3 charges. unless you are full haste you wont be casting much