Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Blizzard Store will work with coins.

Great new mechanic to work with Blizz coins.

1. The new Blizzard store is ALSO there for Blizzard's new F2P games Hearthstone and the upcoming Blizzard All stars. Because these games are F2P and need a revenue model.

2. By making the payments through Blizz coins you actually create a bond between all Blizzard (WOW) games.

3. Hearthstone developpers stated already you can earn these coins by winning matches in HS.

---

So it is quite clear that the cash shop is not a transition to a F2P WOW, but it is promoting the play of Blizzard games by creating a common and virtual coins system.

With the coins you can buy new HS packs, special heroes, new stuff and of course new fluff WOW mounts too.

So while earning coins through play, Blizzard avoids the trap of F2P mechanics in sub based WOW, but the WOW games besides it contribute to the coins/payment system.

Great move.
    -

So how did they call Hearthstone again ? "The game that will change the World (of Warcraft).

So this has been planned a long long time ago.

Cheers !

If i can earn coins in different ways inside of wow i'm fine with the system.
    Doesn't exclude players that only have time, but not money, from getting the rewards, and people with both can just be happy.

Never tried heartstone, and don't really intend to unless it gets thrown in my face(inside of wow).
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Doesn't exclude players that only have time, but not money, from getting the rewards, and people with both can just be happy.

Never tried heartstone, and don't really intend to unless it gets thrown in my face(inside of wow).
    Dont worry these coins will one day be for sale at the blizzard store...

interesting.
    People will find someone to whine about tho
    dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post

It 'll be thrown into your face as soon as it is launched as it is complete free to play on PC, Mac and iPad and will be downloaded the first time you click on a Blizz home page.

I expect it to launch at BlizzCon.

---
    All together a VERY smart move: you can win HS matches, get coins and buy with these Blizz coins the latest Pet in WOW to do Pet Battles.

Haters owned, as WOW stays central with a subscription along with free to play "WOW" games beside.

Subscriptions on the rise. Because Blizzard can add anything to the system (like getting X free coins/free HS pack/ whatever by having a Blizz subscription ...).

Edit: I just read that even LOSING some HS matches gives you coins.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Dont worry these coins will one day be for sale at the blizzard store...
    One would hope so! They key these systems is that you make the coins available via in-game methods as well as being able to buy a bag of coins for real money. Assuming that the coins were available via normal play in some fashion (weekly quest, rare chest hidden in the world, Heroic Scenario or Challenge mode reward box, etc.) players can decide if they want to wait to earn enough coins via the game to get the item, or spend $ and get it right now. It's a good system.

Deleted
    This is what happens when people jump at every little thing Blizzard do.

No one at Blizzard said they was looking to go F2P nor did they hint / indicate you could buy anything to give you an advantage (apart from looking good and earning exp)

Now that this is out I give it 1 day before someone find a major fault with this and blame Blizzard for being greedy and not thinking about anything but money.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    This is what happens when people jump at every little thing Blizzard do.

No one at Blizzard said they was looking to go F2P nor did they hint / indicate you could buy anything to give you an advantage (apart from looking good and earning exp)

Now that this is out I give it 1 day before someone find a major fault with this and blame Blizzard for being greedy and not thinking about anything but money.
    Yep.

It also is curious that when such good news happens, trolls stay away. Perhaps I would have changed the title to "Blizzard scams everyone".

The same happened with CRZ: every possible troll came out to heat the fire ... but when these CRZ techniques were combined with Virtual Realms so everyone could trade and Guild play with them... the threads were ignored by the usual hate crowd.

They KNOW what to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion this is much better, they can make events like: WoW 9th birthday here have some 100 Coins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Yeah, this is fantastic news.

My computer doesn't have a coin slot, will this still work?

Deleted
    ooh soo naive ppls lol, wow is not going at all f2p and yeah you can earn coins via hs but nobody says that this is the only way lololol again so naive ppl still thinking there are companies that give priority to the customer nowadays lololol too much naive i'm laughing so hard imagining your faces the day the shop will be released lololol wake up or you are gonna have a bad time lolol

The most important question: Can you buy coins with gold?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    This is very good news.

Makes me laugh because the naysayers will still find some crap to whine about with this (the drop rate for coins in game isn't as high as I would like, or why do I have to play HS?...or something). I am chuckling at the people who were so "outraged" by the store thing, they cancelled their accounts. Looking a bit dumb now methinks...
    You probably have to spent Reallife Money to get these coins, you understand that right.
    Good thing about that is, it's bigger chance blizzard makes events/quests to get these coins ingame too, or maybe coin for gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Also there would be the option to earn those coins by doing daily quests, as right now daily quests reward the silver charms.

It will only be real good news if you can earn coins by playing wow. Besides that, is a very smart move and is better than not having it, but the controversy of having a store(a very expensive store) and a monthly fee is still there. I can't blame them for wanting more money though.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The most important question: Can you buy coins with gold?
    I doubt it. But a Blizz Store working with Blizz Coins is clearly a way to bind games and game mechanics together without touching each game's nature too much.

WOW will stay sub based with fluff items in store (confirmed by Blizzard in Korea just a few days ago), while F2P "WOW" themed games like HS get the necessary funding in order to play it and have some revenue - without the NEED to buy with hard Dollars/Euro per se.

Each game will reinforce each other without touching the nature of each game itself (MMORPG subcription based and CCG free to play card game in this case).

It is a combo that will be hard to beat, both in the MMORPG field as even in other branches (CCG's or Dota like games (with the upcoming BAS in 2014 ?)).

I KNEW they were thinking about combo deals on WOW subs, but this currency system I never even thought of... (Blizzard surprised me again).
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    We should probably thank all the people that did proper effort to complain about the Item shop, for Blizzard to consider implementing this.

I'd like a source though.
    The fact that coins actually exist is on the front page. BenBos's extrapolations are... Well, BenBos being BenBos.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The datamined strings from Hearthstone mention Gold, not Battle Coins to buy items.

So, where exactly is the info coming from that both WoW and Hearthstone use Battle Coins

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    We should probably thank all the people that did proper effort to complain about the Item shop, for Blizzard to consider implementing this.

I'd like a source though.
    First page of news on mmo champion.com "Blizzard store to use Blizz coins".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The fact that coins actually exist is on the front page. BenBos's extrapolations are... Well, BenBos being BenBos.
    Yeah, it is Obvious that Blizz coins to use in the Blizz shop is only related to ... WOW products ...

What else would they implement BLIZZ coins for ?
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 12:08 PM.