Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ran around as a shadow priest at level 40 for the longest time, didn't even bother leveling up just did WSG and AB for days and days.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Me personally - Needing / using armor with the highest armor value while leveling in vanilla until I started actually read what the stats did when I was in the 40s or so.

Best Thing I've Seen - We had a fresh 80 Resto Druid recruited during the beginning of our guild's 25m Naxx progression. We were super, super casual at this time and never bothered to Armory anyone or inspect new recruits - our raid leader and guild leader just didn't care and since this was most everybody's first foray into raiding, our raiders (myself included) didn't really know too much about that stuff and never bothered to check. Long story short, this brand new Resto Druid who claimed to be fully enchanted was only using the Leather Working +Stam armor patches. He thought enchantments were only profession based and didn't know you could get an actual enchant. The three of us who are left from the original players of that guild (the R. Druid, a mage, and myself) still laugh about that to this day.
    Last edited by ATron52; 2013-07-25 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Grammar

Also, on my warrior, when I got the ability to wear Plate gear at level 40. I thought "Oh shit, it's plate gear! It must be better than all this mail crap!" and proceeded to replace my entire mail gear set (which included a few pieces of Scarlet as well as some various other greens/blues I'd picked up along the way) with white-quality plate gear from a vendor. My armor value went up a fuck ton, but I had shit for health and did shit for damage.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-25 at 02:49 PM.

My first character (in this, my very first mmorpg) was a Warlock. Being entirely ignorant into the matter of 'stats', I'd equip whatever loot I received if it had words like 'str' or 'agi' printed in green. Yeeaaah. Didn't do a lot of damage, but she was ever so strong and agile
    I used to be snow white, but I drifted...

10+ Year Old Account
    On my druid i had to do the aquatic form quest line which involved traveling all around the map and finding quest items in various bodies of water,

I researched the quest line online to make it easier; but i made the mistake of following the Tauren quest guide instead of the Night elf quest guide and ended up cheetah-running all the way to the wrong continet

- - - Updated - - -

My first toon was a Hunter, ranged attacks were great, i never get hit!

So my second toon was a Warrior, i tries to shoot mobs with an equipped gun and kite them because i didn't want to get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    On my druid i had to do the aquatic form quest line which involved traveling all around the map and finding quest items in various bodies of water,

I researched the quest line online to make it easier; but i made the mistake of following the Tauren quest guide instead of the Night elf quest guide and ended up cheetah-running all the way to the wrong continet

LOL! You poor thing!
    I used to be snow white, but I drifted...

One of my first toons was a Warlock and I asked some1 in the guild to enchant my dagger. Someone said "why just for looks?" And I replied "no, I just like to melee sometimes". Everyone laughed in guild chat but I was dead serious and had no idea why they were... Yeah, def was a noob.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Deleted
    Nah I was born fabolous.... jk, got some great ones ^_^

- Absolute first char - Randomly placing talents, a little of that, a little of that!

- Absolute first char - not buying all skills to save money... bought them at lvl 50 and got sad when ALL my money just vanished.

- Endless grind, for hours... HOURS I SAY! 50-60 took days even

- Remember leveling enchanting a while later and got the glow (beastslayer) and started selling it, oh what a foolish little kid I was back then. I had no idea what it did, but boy could I sell that enchant "IT FIXES ALL YOUR PROBLEM/ 100 moree damage per hit/makes you immortal" I must have been a born salesperson, but no one ever complained and I could happily afford my mounts.

Some funny things friends did once I all of a sudden started reading up and wanted to be good at this game;

- Friend refused to sell runecloth on the auction house because "it takes longer and you might not find a buyer" he litterally farmed all 900g for mount by selling runecloth bandages on 2 characters...

- Anotehr friend got pissed at me for not leveling with him when TBC came out (was in server first guild and we were pushing hard to level the first week) because "ALL MOBS ARE ELITE HERE IN HELLFIRE!!!" I asked him what he based it on and he replied "THEY ARE DREADLORDS!!!" if you remember there was a quest you had to kill a few imps, a infernal and a dreadlord looking guy and he had rememberd those were elite somewhere in vanilla.

- friend didnt want to waste game time so logged out all the time

Only gems the same color as the socket could go into the socket.

Loved having like 7 Stam gems socketed in wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I thought Undercity hadn't been added into the game when I first joined. I couldn't find the entrance from the ruins to the elevators -_-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some good reading here! Haha some of them are just as bad as my own! Lol

Can't really remember silly things I did, but I do remember at least one silly idea I had in my head.
    I for some reason was convinced that the Warlock Dreadsteed required a soul shard to summon it.

hmm started back in Vanilla and the two things which really come to mind are...

Farming raptors in Wetlands from level 24 - 30 as I thought Duskwood was a high level zone

and

Promising myself (when I was around level 20) I was going to farm mobs for a legendary no matter how long it took

-On my first rogue I built into every talent tree, and wondered why people laughed at me.
    -Keyboard turning.
    -Thinking r1 was a typo for r2d2
    -Made a warrior and stacked spirit (very first toon)

I-I'd.. rather like to stop posting now...

10+ Year Old Account
    The silliest thing I did as a noob was I thought being a melee hunter was awesome (leveling in BC). I had talents all over the place in all 3 trees. Had a green 1h sword and a green dagger but still had the starter bow till I was in Ungoro when another hunter saw what I was doing...

When I was a noob, I would save up for white gear because it had more armor, and I would need most things in dungeons because I didn't want to seem "greedy." When one of my friends gave me 5 gold, I acted like I had won the lottery.

When I was leveling a friend of mine wanted to give me some gold to buy a basic ground mount in training (early WoTLK). It sounded like so much money and I didn't want to make him poor so I farmed up enough gold in Arathi Highlands instead. It took forever.

And when I hit 80 and was just starting to learn how to really play my class (rogue) and do a rotation I didn't use Slice and Dice at first. When questioned why, I replied with "It doesn't do any damage so how is it a good move"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

Alex used white items at level 40-49 PvP.
    Alex once asked Marshal Dughan about his armor.
    Alex once walked all the way to Orgrimmar to get a wolf on a level 11 Alliance character.
    Alex wanted a pet on his warrior.
    Alex didn't realize talents existed until level 42.
    Last edited by Klingensturm; 2013-07-25 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in classic, I spent all my money at every lvl to buy more gear, you know that good stuff +2 int +1 stam etc. because i never visited the trainer until lv 35ish and stuff took very long to kill In addition I only discovered life tap after somebody yelled at me why the hell i was shooting with my wand for about 2 minutes because i was oom ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I got lost in Silvermoon City for over an hour.
    First toon was a Blood Elf Warlock.
    Didn't know we had a map, didn't know we had a hearthestone.

Just walked around endlessly, not knowing how to talk in /1 or /2, no one was in SMC.
    Got confused because of those little paths hidden by the statues of Kael.

Finally after ages some Paladin saw me and helped me get out.

My friend grabbed every single INT item he could for his DK while leveling and raiding. He only started in Wrath and his 1-55 toon was a Paladin.
    I had a similar experience. My first toon was a Blood Elf Warlock too. When I was sent to Silvermoon City for the first time with that supplies quest in Ghostlands, I stopped at the end of the bridge before the Shepherd's Gate because I saw only a wall and a statue. I tried to run around, but the mountains didn't let me. Even tried going in from the ruined part, Feth's Way, with those damn Wretched hitting me on my back.
    It was around level 30 that I went back for something and realised that you have to go to the sides of the gates. And that every gate in the city works this way.