Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    you have to do some prereqs in kunlai summit but that's it http://www.wowpedia.org/Vale_of_Eter...soms_storyline
    Oh jeez... so if I'm reading that right, I pretty much need to be 90 to do almost anything with them? ._.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Is it just in that Vale zone?

Are any quests not directly related to them required... or can I pretty much show up on their doorstep and say, can I start the quest to become friends with you guys?
    The only pre-requisite is the opening of the vale which is part of the main storyline as you progress through pandaria.
    You will see the gates opened for the first time, get sent to the shrine associated with your faction, given a tour of sorts after which you then have access to the golden lotus dailies.
    At least that is how it works now, and from my understanding much of that remains in 5.4.

Think of it like the Therazane pre-requisites, where once along the quests sufficiently you can get dailies.
    Though it should require 90 or at least 89 I would think.

As far as I know the reputation tokens I mentioned previously have no such requirement in level or quest progression.

Also there is from a Rare Spawn, Scritch a consumable item Hozen Peace Pipe which is non-binding and will on a 7 day cooldown give you 1000 reputation for each of those pre 5.2 pandaria factions.
    You could purchase one yourself for a minor head start.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-25 at 04:53 PM.

Oh jeez... so if I'm reading that right, I pretty much need to be 90 to do almost anything with them? ._.
    Not "pretty much", they won't give you a quest in the vale before 90.

As somebody mentioned, if you only want the rep and not the achi's that go with the minor quests then go and kill Zandalari warbringers. You'll need a tank along but spam them for a day or 2 and you will get tons of rep tokens. I got exalted with a couple of factions this way because I'm not a big daily fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

As somebody mentioned, if you only want the rep and not the achi's that go with the minor quests then go and kill Zandalari warbringers. You'll need a tank along but spam them for a day or 2 and you will get tons of rep tokens. I got exalted with a couple of factions this way because I'm not a big daily fan.
    I had 13,000 achievement points back when there was about 14,800 in the game. :P I'd love to get any achievement points, I just see now that I'm going to have to go an extra mile of getting to 90. :P
    "A flower.

I'd love to get any achievement points, I just see now that I'm going to have to go an extra mile of getting to 90. :P
    well you'll get achievement points for hitting 90.
    leveling is quite a bit easier now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

If you are a completionist, then you can cheat the dailies progression through those tokens.
    The golden lotus storyline as far as the achievement soon to be feat is gated by reputation, which those tokens can accelerate.
    My choice would be to reach 90, spam the zandalari's for the tokens and the reputation, and progress through the storyline that way.
    So you can get the achievement within a few days to a week realistically.

Also, be sure to do the quests for the Tillers. You can do "work orders" for a number of factions (all of Pandaria up through the Krasarang pvp reputation except the Black Prince). This includes the Golden Lotus. I couldn't stand the thought of dailies on my healing alt... and instead farmed (literally)for the rep for Operation Shieldwall.

Rep needed to reach 90 was nerfed into the ground. If you'd spent the last hour in Jade Forest instead of here, you'd probably be level 88 right now.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    You also have to be able to fly in Pandaria. The quests won't appear unless you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Rep needed to reach 90 was nerfed into the ground. If you'd spent the last hour in Jade Forest instead of here, you'd probably be level 88 right now.
    Never left Jade Forest. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You also have to be able to fly in Pandaria. The quests won't appear unless you can.
    Welp. Alright then. Guess I have my work cut out for me!
    "A flower.

Yeah, if you can dedicate any time at all to it, you'll be 90 really quickly. My advice to you is to skip Townlong Steppes entirely since that zone is the worst thing ever, and make sure you go to Dread Wastes as soon as you hit 89 since the gear you get there will give you a big jump at 90. I feel you on the rep thing, I looked the other day to make sure I hadn't missed any achievements with them when I heard it was being removed. Never finished Shendralar rep before it was taken out so I'm still =( about that.

EDIT: Forgot something important. You really don't have to be 90 to cap the rep, IF you have friends willing to do a little carrying. Some others in here mentioned warbringers, and if you have 2-3 friends willing to cart you around (one with a 2 person mount) they can just summon you and let you tag along. Some friends and I did that for another friend who was just starting the game when we used to mount farm, and not only did he get some xp out of it but he was exalted with Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, and Shado-Pan before level 70. =)
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2013-07-25 at 06:47 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowjuju.com/

That site has a rep calculator to let you know exactly how long it will take to reach exalted with any rep, with or without the MoP revered bonus.

As for getting to 90, it can easily be done in a couple days, depending on your play time.

The Insane. Agent of Shen'dralar.

Yet no level 90 yet, mostly because I quit mid-Cata, I came back for a couple months earlier this year, got the MoP CE, but I am wondering: my main character is about level 86. If I re-upped my sub today, how long would you folks say it would take me to grind their reputation to exalted before 5.4 comes and, from what I've read - they disappear.

Are there any mobs I could farm to essentially grind it in a day? Or is it all damned dailies?

Thanks!
    Good News Everybody! When 5.4 drops the dailies go away and you can grind rare mobs that spawn in the vale as long as you want to get the rep you want. These rares will spawn often and anyone regardless of faction can tag them, even if someone else already tagged it. These rares will give rep with Golden Lotus so you could essentially spend a whole day farming them for rep. They will spawn quite often and there will be lots of them so you can essentially run from one to another with maybe a little wait between each spawn. Game on!

- - - Updated - - -

Never left Jade Forest. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Welp. Alright then. Guess I have my work cut out for me!
    I will tell you this though, if you come back with a glass mostly empty mentality or looking for a reason to dislike mop then I have no doubt that you will find a reason to quit again. If you are just doing it to see the content and quit right after then you might as well save yourself the monthly fee, the time spent leveling and the eventual nerd-rage on a forum and just go do something you know you are going to enjoy. If you come expecting a shitty experience you will no doubt sniff it out and promply step in it.

In addition to the insignias warbringers and warscouts drop, you can also get I think it was... 900? (600 dungeon 300 scenario) rep with any faction you choose per day. Not a whole lot, but with those there will always be a way to get exalted with them, even deep into 5.4. And apparently there are even more ways in 5.4 as others have mentioned.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I will tell you this though, if you come back with a glass mostly empty mentality or looking for a reason to dislike mop then I have no doubt that you will find a reason to quit again. If you are just doing it to see the content and quit right after then you might as well save yourself the monthly fee, the time spent leveling and the eventual nerd-rage on a forum and just go do something you know you are going to enjoy. If you come expecting a shitty experience you will no doubt sniff it out and promply step in it.
    Er... where exactly did I say I was disappointed or having a glass half empty feeling? >_>
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Didn't Ghostcrawler say there would be additional ways to grind Golden Lotus once 5.4 hits? It would be dumb for Blizzard to suddenly remove or make a reputation void.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well since you have no 90's, you don't have double-rep commendations on anyone. So, it would take some time. Probably a good month for GL. You don't have to unlock GL to do the August Celestials anymore, at least.

The reps aren't going away, by the way, they're just not needed anymore for the VP gear that is shifting to JP. I've heard nothing about the dailies being removed or the rep being changed.
    There was a post earlier stating that the questline for the rep will be removed in 5.4 making it a FoS to have completed it, that being said i believe you are still able to earn the rep through the warbringers. But the daily hub and the people you worked for make up the golden lotus raid boss in Seige of Orgrimmar.

OP: if you have some friends who can help you farm zandalari warbringers, you will get rep at a decent rate for all of the pandaren factions that were available on release. Once you hit revered, go and buy the double token from the golden lotus quartermaster and continue grinding the warbringers (do the dailies too if you wish to get some extra rep) and then once you hit exalted go to the daily Hub and pick up the story quest and complete it. Theres one for each stage of the rep grind. You SHOULD be able to do it relatively quick if you can get help grinding the warbringers, and provided you can level relatively fast if you are yet to have a level 90.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleous View Post
    You can farm Warbringers and Warscouts until you get enough Stolen Golden Lotus Insignia's to get exalted. It could take you one day if you get lucky with drops and do it all day long.
    Definitely more than a day but maybe not more than a week of working diligently at it. Depends whether you have a DK or other class that can easily farm Warscouts. (You have to be much better geared to solo Warbringers, which hit pretty hard.)

Quote Originally Posted by Norgaard View Post
    Didn't Ghostcrawler say there would be additional ways to grind Golden Lotus once 5.4 hits? It would be dumb for Blizzard to suddenly remove or make a reputation void.
    Reputation will be granted from many "trivial" kills in the vale, plus the named NPCs for One Many Army will become rare spawns granting a larger amount of reputation.
    The Setting Sun Garrison will become the main quest hub, with all the associated achievements aside from the storyline completion "Eternally in the Vale" remaining intact. That will become a feat of strength instead.

If you only want the reputation, then there is no rush.
    If you want that feat, then there is a reason to hurry a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey folks,

I'm performing a thread resurrection as I finally hit 90 this morning (only resubbed a few weeks ago and have had school start as well as getting a second job) but I have started the Golden Lotus grind, and I am looking at the questline wiki... and I have a feeling I cannot finish it before Tuesday because of reputation problems.

Factoring in the fact I am going to be working this evening and then most of the day tomorrow, then school on Monday, do you guys think it is really at all possible in that time frame to get the reputation to do this? It's taking long enough to kill the level 90s for the quests as it is, since my gear is so subpar. >_<

If it helps, here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eltress/simple

So yeah, not even out of Neutral yet. :/

Thanks!
    "A flower.