Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL! All Elves, all wearing blindfolds, all carrying warglaives, all shirtless, all wearing kilts.

People are crazy if they think Blizzard is going to implement a class like that into the game.

The game needs a mail armored class that can be played by all races, is a full hybrid, and has the option to use physical range.

The Demon Hunter more than likely wears cloth or leather, is mainly a bunch of elves, would more than likely be DPS only, and can't do physical ranged.

Brilliant!
    I'm not an avid supporter of the Demon Hunter class but, keep in mind Monk's were always just presented as Pandaren and ended up becoming playable by nearly every race, Druids were only presented as Night Elves and ended up becoming a choice for more races etc. etc.

Deleted
    They could, but they wouldn't because it would cause too much conflict with the existing Hunter class.
    Not in the least bit. They would conflict with the hunter class when they also wear mail? Isn't that the point of adding another class that wears mail? So that it's worn by more classes...

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL! All Elves, all wearing blindfolds, all carrying warglaives, all shirtless, all wearing kilts.

People are crazy if they think Blizzard is going to implement a class like that into the game.

The game needs a mail armored class that can be played by all races, is a full hybrid, and has the option to use physical range.

The Demon Hunter more than likely wears cloth or leather, is mainly a bunch of elves, would more than likely be DPS only, and can't do physical ranged.

Brilliant!
    So many insults rushed through my head but doesn't matter and is pointless to get off topic.
    You want to talk about appearance?
    Mages priest warlocks and sometimes (45%) shaman and paladins where dresses. Except what it's a diffrent color and design and stats.
    Not really hard to you know , make a shit ton of colorful markings and call it a "chest piece" hell I,bet you atleast 1/3 of ppl would transmog their chest piece from other classes to it.

Also what the fuck is with this" the next class has to be a hybrid cause hybrids are just more useful" bullshit?
    A death knight was meant to have 3 tank specs( I miss dual wield tanking) but that. Didn't fix the tanking issue.
    Monks became a hybrid for all three and again it barely solved the dps to heal to tank ratio. So honestly.

Fuck the hybrid issue. Make a class that is fun and popular.

Also about the class spells and stuff..

Ring of frost,frost trap,circle of frost, and chains of ice. Guess the classes

Also repentance and sap.

Fear,imtimadation, and phsycic scream

Spells names and abilities don't fucking matter.
    Make up new name and apply what it does.

For all I care demon hunters metamorphosis could be call something like idk...demonic impowerment or just call it transformation...

At the end of the day it comes down to
    Does blizz want to spend the money and time.

And to be honest going by how most game companies have been and how blizz had been acting and what's going on with. He company itself.
    I doubt it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I wonder....

Any other "rehash" has been meet with anger. Now you think two already used "final" bosses will sell like hotcakes. By logic they would create lots of "How lazy" topics...
    He didn't say Illidan would be a boss. And even if, that would not be a "rehashed" encounter. Just as much as KJ wouldn't be. What you think the next time we fight him it will again be through the Sunwell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Not neccisarily. Would depend on how they implemented it, windwalker monks I don't think cause too much conflict with combat rogues despite also being leather agi dps and using the same weapons.
    Well they're also called Monks, not _____ Rogues, so the slight overlap with armor and resource isn't a big deal.

We're talking about two classes that not only share a name, but now share the same armor type (since Demon Hunters won't wear INT mail), use the same weaponry, and would probably have a similar ability set, since there's only so many ways you can do physical ranged attacks.

Honest question; In that scenario, who would play as a regular Hunter when you could play a Demon Hunter? Especially if this proposed class could tank as well.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-25 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I wonder....

Any other "rehash" has been meet with anger. Now you think two already used "final" bosses will sell like hotcakes. By logic they would create lots of "How lazy" topics...
    Blizz has been lazy when ppl want something hard and overly complicated and dumb for something minor.

The easiest way to get away with this rehash is to literally do what fans have been asking since wrath.
    If illidan will be brought back then have him lead demon hunters along with akama and the black harvest and some other demon hunters.

Kil'jeaden should have his own raid and be the second to LADT raid. He's a fucking general and champion he holding be in the first tier like another general that had a horrible redo of sorts...(anub'arak)

- - - Updated - - -

Well they're also called Monks, not _____ Rogues, so the slight overlap with armor and resource isn't a big deal.

We're talking about two classes that not only share a name, but now share the same armor type (since Demon Hunters won't wear INT mail), use the same weaponry, and would probably have a similar ability set, since there's only so many ways you can do physical ranged attacks.

Honest question; In that scenario, who would play as a regular Hunter when you could play a Demon Hunter? Especially if this proposed class could tank as well.
    One demon hunters use magic aswell as their enhanced strength. Second they don't need to be range exclusive and hell they could use a rogues stealth and no stealth format, to do that just have a basic demon looking now but their real weapon and main combat might as well be up close, besides illidan how many demon hunters have you seen actually fight fight far away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    So many insults rushed through my head but doesn't matter and is pointless to get off topic.
    You want to talk about appearance?
    Mages priest warlocks and sometimes (45%) shaman and paladins where dresses. Except what it's a diffrent color and design and stats.
    Not really hard to you know , make a shit ton of colorful markings and call it a "chest piece" hell I,bet you atleast 1/3 of ppl would transmog their chest piece from other classes to it.
    You miss the point. The point is this; Do you think anyone who chooses a Demon Hunter is going to deviate from those pictures you posted? Anyone want to be that rare human Demon Hunter who looks ridiculous in that get up? Probably not.

Also what the fuck is with this" the next class has to be a hybrid cause hybrids are just more useful" bullshit?
    A death knight was meant to have 3 tank specs( I miss dual wield tanking) but that. Didn't fix the tanking issue.
    Monks became a hybrid for all three and again it barely solved the dps to heal to tank ratio. So honestly.

You didn't get the memo.

There's 4 DPS classes.
    There's 4 hybrid classes
    There's 3 full hybrid classes.

More than likely the next class will be full hybrid to round things up.

Deleted
    Blizz has been lazy when ppl want something hard and overly complicated and dumb for something minor.

The easiest way to get away with this rehash is to literally do what fans have been asking since wrath.
    If illidan will be brought back then have him lead demon hunters along with akama and the black harvest and some other demon hunters.

Kil'jeaden should have his own raid and be the second to LADT raid. He's a fucking general and champion he holding be in the first tier like another general that had a horrible redo of sorts...(anub'arak)
    There is no "laziness" in bringing back a villain, especially when he wasn't killed the first time. I think the only people that even say something like that are those not interested in lore and the fact that it was clear from the beginning that our encounter with KJ was just the first, and that he'll come back to get his revenge.

- - - Updated - - -

You miss the point. The point is this; Do you think anyone who chooses a Demon Hunter is going to deviate from those pictures you posted? Anyone want to be that rare human Demon Hunter who looks ridiculous in that get up? Probably not.

You didn't get the memo.

There's 4 DPS classes.
    There's 4 hybrid classes
    There's 3 full hybrid classes.

More than likely the next class will be full hybrid to round things up.
    You're thinking in weird ways... I don't think Blizzard is counting in such a way. Also if you want to be particular about it, the only real full hybrid then is the druid.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-07-25 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamvillain View Post
    I'm not an avid supporter of the Demon Hunter class but, keep in mind Monk's were always just presented as Pandaren and ended up becoming playable by nearly every race, Druids were only presented as Night Elves and ended up becoming a choice for more races etc. etc.
    My point is that people don't mind being Human monks, or Orc Monks, or Draenei monks. Its not a huge issue. The same with Druids.

Part of the Demon Hunter appeal is the shirtless Night Elf swinging swords around. Very few are going to deviate from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my argument: No one has any credibility until Metzen or some other authority from Blizzard says so.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Not in the least bit. They would conflict with the hunter class when they also wear mail? Isn't that the point of adding another class that wears mail? So that it's worn by more classes...
    No, the conflict is having a Hunter class using bows/cross bows, and wearing agility armor when another class called Hunters that wears agility mail armor and uses bows/crossbows already exists in the game.

That's the conflict. If you have a completely different class (like Tinkers) that wouldn't be a problem.

Heck, I think Demon Hunters would even utilize Demonic pets.

Deleted
    No, the conflict is having a class named Hunter using bows/cross bows, and wearing agility armor.

That's the conflict. If you have a completely different class (like Tinkers) that wouldn't be a problem.

They can have a ranged dps spec without using bows/crossbows or agility armor. And they also don't need pets.

I do agree with the name thing, demon hunters and hunters would be an issue, they might have to call them something else, or do what they did with Brewmasters and work them in as just one spec of a brand new class.

IMO though this is secondary to the fact that all their iconic abilities beyond using war glaives has been given to other classes.
    Last edited by Florena; 2013-07-25 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the conflict is having a Hunter class using bows/cross bows, and wearing agility armor when another class called Hunters that wears agility mail armor and uses bows/crossbows already exists in the game.

You are over thinking this...
    One a demon hunters main choice of weaponry is more often the warglaives.and yeah for a period of time they would summon pets like a monk summons xuen.
    Also this name logic is kinda odd...by that standard a warrior is pointless compared to a paladin and death knight.

And again I have to point this out. They use SPELLS. So would use intel not agility. And if they did why does it matter it's meant to be competitive.

Also the appearance. You do realize there can be many different looks even with the shirtless thing...like I points out before just make the shirt count as markings and make a shit ton of different chest markings and color.
    Last edited by nightguard; 2013-07-25 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    They can have a ranged dps spec without using bows/crossbows or agility armor. And they also don't need pets.
    They could, but that doesn't solve the issue of the Hunter monopoly on physical ranged weapons. Also it doesn't add much new to the game. Warlocks cover Demonic magic pretty well, then there's Elemental Shaman, and Fire Mages.

Hey, let's add another fire-based caster to the game!

If blizzard add DH in the next expansion are you going to stop writing on these boards and apologize for being such a massive tool?

They could, but that doesn't solve the issue of the Hunter monopoly on physical ranged weapons. Also it doesn't add much new to the game. Warlocks cover Demonic magic pretty well, then there's Elemental Shaman, and Fire Mages.

I don't see breaking the hunter monopoly on ranged weapons as a bad thing as long as the new ranged class or spec feels different enough from hunters to justify its existence, just as monks feel different enough from rogues.

Deleted

They shouldn't use ranged weapons anyway, it's an idea I want to purge from these forums.

Who would play a mage when you can play an ele shaman and be able to heal or melee to change it up?

Who would play a rogue when you can play a windwalker and then heal or tank if you want to?

Why does anyone play DK when you can play a paly and still tank and dps, but also heal?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are over thinking this...
    One a demon hunters main choice of weaponry is more often the warglaives.and yeah for a period of time they would summon pets like a monk summons xuen.
    Also this name logic is kinda odd...by that standard a warrior is pointless compared to a paladin and death knight.
    Keep in mind; We're talking about a DH spec that uses bows/xbows.

And Demon Hunters could logically only summon Demons as minions or pets. Sound familiar?

Warriors, Paladins, and Death Knights don't share names. If we had a Warrior, Holy Warrior, and a Dark Warrior class you'd have a point here.

And again I have to point this out. They use SPELLS. So would use intel not agility. And if they did why does it matter it's meant to be competitive.
    What type of spells would an INT-based Demon Hunter use? The same kind that the Warlock uses?

Also the appearance. You do realize there can be many different looks even with the shirtless thing...like I points out before just make the shirt count as markings and make a shit ton of different chest markings and color.
    Chest markings doesn't change that 95-99% of people playing this class would be shirtless Night Elves with Warglaives.