Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In truth she would be hard pressed to even get past the Thandol Span, and thats if the third party factions like the Ebone Blade and Argent Crusade didn't initiate hostilities with her (which they definitely would). I would say Tirion armed with the Ashingbringer. The weapon responsible for the defeat of Arthas would completely rule out a Forsaken victory. The paladins would carve a swath of destruction through the Forsaken ranks that they would not be able to recover from. plague or no plague. Val'kier or no Val'kier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BadDogg View Post
    How could the Forsaken even get to Dun Morogh without anyone noticing. They have to go past Aerie Peak, so the Wildhammers would definitely warn them about the army coming.
    Not when they control Hillsbrad. They could fly from Southshore or Tarren Mill right into Ironforge and the Wildhammers would be none the wiser. The only possible resistance would be from Menethil Harbor, but they have enough of their own problems to even notice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Not when they control Hillsbrad. They could fly from Southshore or Tarren Mill right into Ironforge and the Wildhammers would be none the wiser. The only possible resistance would be from Menethil Harbor, but they have enough of their own problems to even notice.
    Forsaken flying there?
    That would be her most stupid idea ever. The Alliance definitely has the aerial control over the EK. Everything Sylvanas would have is 2 unarmed and easily destroyable zeppelins and maybe some bat riders – who couldn’t carry plague tanks along them as well.
    While on the other hand the Alliance still has its two gunships the Skyfire and the Skybreaker, gnomish gyrocopters as well as expert gryphon riders. Not mentioning the huge flying city of Dalaran filled with mages and highelf troops.
    The scourge had their frostwyrms and gargoyles for air dominance and their nerubians to get air units back to the ground. The forsaken doesn’t have them, nor do they have some other turret / flak technology to take them down.
    There is no way the Forsaken can take on the Alliance via an aerial battle. And even on the other way around, if the Alliance (meaning Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes and Worgen would launch an attack on Forsaken territory) there is no way the Forsaken could stop them alone. The HDG would launch their attacks from the air and the forsaken plague is useless. They can’t defend themselves and the alliance could lay siege to Undercity.
    At this point 1 gunship guards the sewer entrance and 1 gunship guards the elevator entrance while Worgen warriors do their first attempt to clear a staging point to the main area of Undercity. When they hold it with a possible 7th legion backup they get their gnomish engineers there and radiate nuke the Undercity much like they accidently did with Gnomeregan or even use a regular bomb and let Lordaeron crash the Undercity. All fleeing forsaken would then be killed by the air units of the Alliance and the forsaken would be gone for good.

Deleted
    during tides of war when garrosh suggested to destruction of theramore and conquering of kalimdor, she was very fearfull of an Alliance retaliation in northern lordaeron. meaning that even though she knows she has the advantage of the plague she knows the combined forces of dwarves and humans would wipe her out. as for the almight plague people think she has. the plague has only been effective when used as a suprise attack. the gilneans didn't know the forsaken had the plague and during the wrathgate is was also a suprise. and given the fact that most factions on azeroth wouldn't want to see another lich king/queen that even the horde would intervene because lets me honest, should sylvanas ever takew the eastern kingdoms she would surely soon set her eyes on kalimdor or pandaria.

Deleted
    They couldn't even take Gilneas. Honestly the only reason why the Forsaken are still there is because they have the Horde on their back.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The ONLY reason Gilneas could stand up to Sylvanas' might was because they were immune to the plague and it was completely unexpected. The rest of the Alliance is majorly susceptible to it and would fall quickly if we're speaking logically. But since this is a Blizzard game the Alliance would be able to somehow outsurvive anything the Horde could throw at it's doorstep.
    The Worgen were not immune to the plague, they cannot be reusrrected through the Val'kyr, but they can still melt if a plague cauldron is thrown into their face.

OT

The forsaken are not nearly strong enough to conquer the eastern Kingdoms, they might be a force to reckoned with, but a conquest of this scale is out of their league.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The Worgen were not immune to the plague, they cannot be reusrrected through the Val'kyr, but they can still melt if a plague cauldron is thrown into their face.

OT

The forsaken are not nearly strong enough to conquer the eastern Kingdoms, they might be a force to reckoned with, but a conquest of this scale is out of their league.

Yes. But there catapults would get massive Dwarf air bombardment, and Forsaken face will melt either if they get in direct plague contact for that we would only need some direct air hit or some rogues planting bombs near plague barrels..

And in Wrathgate video we can clearly see that those forsakens who drop plague on battlefield use gas masks, that's why I am pretty sure Alliance could just borrow some gasmasks from Gnomes and survive in plague field just fine same as forsakens who use them. And then combine that with Worgens who cant turn in forsakens. I can see Sylvanas in actually pretty dangerous place where she can loose her forces and can't reproduce and can't rise new ones from dead worgens, while Alliance slowly but still would rebuild slowly after such massive battle unless Eastern Kingdom is turned in one big green ooze where neither Forsakens and Alliance and anything else could survive.
    Last edited by Unionoob; 2013-07-26 at 08:22 AM.

I don't think any single race has the power to muster up conquering an entire continent. Whether they are horde or ally, I think if one race decided to invade another race, their allies will step in to intervene while the invading race might not receive the same help.

Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob View Post
    Yes. But there catapults would get massive Dwarf air bombardment, and Forsaken face will melt either if they get in direct plague contact for that we would only need some direct air hit or some rogues planting bombs near plague barrels..

And in Wrathgate video we can clearly see that those forsakens who drop plague on battlefield use gas masks, that's why I am pretty sure Alliance could just borrow some gasmasks from Gnomes and survive in plague field just fine same as forsakens who use them.
    The plague is very nasty stuff, direct contact with high doses of it is lethal, gasmask or not. Of course the alliance could use those tactics, but the forsaken could be able to shield their catapults and plague barrels with their magi for example, we can spin on speculation here but that would be entirely pointless.

Fact is the Forsaken cannot take the eastern Kingdoms alone, but you are dismissing the blight far too easily, it is one of the nastiest weapons of mass destruction in the game.

South of the thandol span is mountainous regions that suit the dwarfs to the ground and it would be hard to move a army into the mountains without getting ambushed all the time by dwarfs who know the mountains like the back of there hands.

So the first thing would be to try to poison the dwarfs food supply and to sneak in plague barrels into the dwarfs air vents that feeds ironforge cause im sure there are air ventilation that goes into ironforge.

A full frontal assault would be suicide and they need to take out Ironforge to move onto there next objective which is Stormwind.

Me personally i dont think the forsaken will ever have the manpower to ever take over the entire EK but they certainly have the man power to keep a stranglehold on the lands north of the thandol span.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The plague is very nasty stuff, direct contact with high doses of it is lethal, gasmask or not. Of course the alliance could use those tactics, but the forsaken could be able to shield their catapults and plague barrels with their magi for example, we can spin on speculation here but that would be entirely pointless.

Fact is the Forsaken cannot take the eastern Kingdoms alone, but you are dismissing the blight far too easily, it is one of the nastiest weapons of mass destruction in the game.
    It is, but I don't want to make it to be something too powerful because there always is something someone could be hiding, even gnomes could use nukes or whatever is that what they got in gnomeregan if they would been threatened with complete extinction by an forsaken engineered plague.

Straight conquest wouldn't work out well for Sylvanas, the dwarves could play guerrilla games with her like the worgen did. Her apothecaries should really have cooked up a plague that is transmissible instead of the blight that has to be lobbed by catapults. It worked well for Kel'thuzad, she should give it a shot.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

My toons, and the quests they would complete stopping her if this was implemented, so no...no she could not.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx16 View Post
    Why would the Alliance and the Argent Crusade just sit around and watch her build a massive army for a decade? I've honestly never understood why people think Sylvannas is so powerful. I think she is an interesting character, but that doesn't make her a brilliant war leader. She was killed during her attempt to take Gilneas and only survives cause the Val'kyr paid for her mistake instead.

Eventually Tirion will take her head off and that will be the end of that.
    But she took Gilneas none the less. I don't remember the details of the conquest, but it wasn't dumb luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    With the state of the lore, I wouldn't be surprised if Thrall could beat Sargearas. The Forsaken are almost as bad; the plague has been shown to be an "I win" button in almost every use.
    That's what plagues her generally do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    But she took Gilneas none the less. I don't remember the details of the conquest, but it wasn't dumb luck.
    Took it and then lost it you mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Good point, they could surround Ironforge though and starve it from receiving any supplies outside of the mountain, they would run out of food eventually.

Also Stormwind doesn't have the benefit of being inside a mountain and would be crippled by plague bombing.
    With infinite time maybe, but she could be crushed while trying to do something.

I really doubt it, the Alliance would have full support of Argent Dawn/Crusade, Cenarion Circle (technically the expedition should be outlands only I guess?) I'm guessing the steamwheedle cartel wouldn't be too keen on alot of their customers getting slaughtered either and ofcourse all of the Alliance races would work together while no horde race will back Sylvanas since they would die from the plague aswell...

Aside from that we have Blackrock orcs who would likely stand alone, but she'd have to kill them even so. There's also Alextrasza and her red dragonflight in Grim Batol, Thorium Brotherhood in Searing Gorge and the Burning steppes (both of the would probably back up the Alliance aswell and then there's the various horde encampements that aren't forsaken around all of EK. This is assuming that lorewise all of the troll tribes (like whiterbark and Zandalari) are no longer present in EK since we destroyed their main bases.

North would probably be way better, BEs are already few in number, she has several forsaken around the ghostlands and can just teleport into Silvermoon and kill everyone from the inside. After that she could go to Northrend which I doubt she would be able to take over entirely since even the LK couldn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    People seem to have forgotten what happened when Sylvanas unleashed the plague on Southshore.

The only reason Gilneas didn't suffer a similiar fate was for gameplay reason's.

Last edited by Khadgar; 2013-07-26 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I really doubt it, the Alliance would have full support of Argent Dawn/Crusade, Cenarion Circle (technically the expedition should be outlands only I guess?) I'm guessing the steamwheedle cartel wouldn't be too keen on alot of their customers getting slaughtered either and ofcourse all of the Alliance races would work together while no horde race will back Sylvanas since they would die from the plague aswell...

Aside from that we have Blackrock orcs who would likely stand alone, but she'd have to kill them even so. There's also Alextrasza and her red dragonflight in Grim Batol, Thorium Brotherhood in Searing Gorge and the Burning steppes (both of the would probably back up the Alliance aswell and then there's the various horde encampements that aren't forsaken around all of EK. This is assuming that lorewise all of the troll tribes (like whiterbark and Zandalari) are no longer present in EK since we destroyed their main bases.

North would probably be way better, BEs are already few in number, she has several forsaken around the ghostlands and can just teleport into Silvermoon and kill everyone from the inside. After that she could go to Northrend which I doubt she would be able to take over entirely since even the LK couldn't.

And then she would get Lich King "aka Bolvar" with all Scourge + Argen Crusade + Horde + Alliance camps + all other races from Northrand on her ass. Sorry, but she can get EK north side but nothing else. Would like to see to who would Valkyrs be loyal, Sylvanas or Lich King.

Deleted
    Stormwind has a very good intelligence service. After the Wrathgate, I presume Sylvanas is overwatched by different spies, and if she tries to builds plague bombs, she will be stopped by both Alliance and Horde.

And I don't think the forced enrollment of Alliance citizen at mass scale would be nicely seen by her allies. It's a bit Lich Queen don't you think ?