Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't even play Hunter, and this annoys me.

It really does feel like they've just forgotten about the class when doing the Cloak, and done this last minute. I know pets don't die often, but there are loads of times pets can bug out, just disappear, often needing to be revived rather then recalled, and that is not only a waste of DPS, but now a big knock on the Proc chance.

Also, your animation is at your pet, so thankfully the Melee of your pet might appreciate it, if they're looking behind the boss rather then at it. Everyone else gets really awesome procs on themselves, while hunters are lumped with this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I don't even play Hunter, and this annoys me.

It really does feel like they've just forgotten about the class when doing the Cloak, and done this last minute. I know pets don't die often, but there are loads of times pets can bug out, just disappear, often needing to be revived rather then recalled, and that is not only a waste of DPS, but now a big knock on the Proc chance.

Also, your animation is at your pet, so thankfully the Melee of your pet might appreciate it, if they're looking behind the boss rather then at it. Everyone else gets really awesome procs on themselves, while hunters are lumped with this ...
    Not to mention when pets fall off cliff behind a boss or just stand right next to you. Blizzard always thinks of hunters last. Thats why we have been jerked around so much lately.

How about a simple AoE proc from our shot? Or a proc'd shot that does the AoE? I mean really, would it be that hard? Having the proc come from the pet means you will never see it unless soloing and that you have to rely on your stupid pet to be in the right place. Its basically laziness and if they have problems making a cloak for both hunters and melee physical dps then they should just make one only for hunters that works correctly.

Deleted
    To my mind having the legendary proc of our pet stinks of lack of thinking from Blizzard's side. I can just see pet pathing and pet AI screwing us over and making the cape extremely lackluster for Hunters. A melee can easily position themselves to make full use of the proc but positioning a pet for the same purpose is not going to be worth doing.

We had to do the Yu'lon challenge for the 600 cape so why not give us the Yu'lon proc but balanced for Hunters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    1. We don't get that cool animation on our back like the other classes, we instead get blue swipes infront of our pet. Same animation as when your pet casts ''claw''.
    Sucks.

I was hoping for visual effect(s) on my hunters back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ide rather they just made a seperate one for us, and not some boring ass shot either. Something relatively unique. If they cop out and give us a blue arrow I swear to god.
    Boring ye, but i would rather have a "blue arrow" that works then all the potential headaches with the pet+proc.

Deleted
    Righto since I'm busy on the PTR anyway I quickly made some screenshots for the people interested.

First of all here is the animation. Bear in mind I'm very zoomed in and it's not as visible or bright if you have your camera in a normal position.

This is to explain roughly how big the cone is. I got to this conclusion by getting loads of procs in all kinds of different positions and moving my pet back and forth. The green symbol is my pet, the blue area in roughly how big the cone is, and the yellow is a target dummy. I just now realized that my cone has been drawn a little poorly but it should get the point across. The red cross is a raid marker you can ignore. (You can even see the animation of the cloak in that screenshot in the middle of the cone)

And what I think is the most interesting, this is the text Hunters see when they read the cloak.

On the bright side, RPPM mechanics now have their RPPM on the tooltip which actually changes with your haste and such. Finally we can see RPPMs in-game without having to calculate them ourselves.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-07-26 at 06:27 PM.

Righto since I'm busy on the PTR anyway I quickly made some screenshots for the people interested.

First of all here is the animation. Bear in mind I'm very zoomed in and it's not as visible or bright if you have your camera in a normal position.
    <snip>

This is to explain roughly how big the cone is. I got to this conclusion by getting loads of procs in all kinds of different positions and moving my pet back and forth. The green symbol is my pet, the blue area in roughly how big the cone is, and the yellow is a target dummy. I just now realized that my cone has been drawn a little poorly but it should get the point across. The red cross is a raid marker you can ignore. (You can even see the animation of the cloak in that screenshot in the middle of the cone)
    <snip>

And what I think is the most interesting, this is the text Hunters see when they read the cloak.
    <snip>

On the bright side, RPPM mechanics now have their RPPM on the tooltip which actually changes with your haste and such. Finally we can see RPPMs in-game without having to calculate them ourselves.
    Thanks for this! So no wings then?

That is quite amazing! Nice find.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackiz View Post
    Thanks for this! So no wings then?
    Right now on the PTR, unfortunately not. The only visible thing we get is what you can see in the first screenshot.
    But to be fair I haven't seen the cloak animation at all on any class. I find it very hard to believe I'm the only person on the PTR with this cloak so maybe the animation isn't there for anyone right now.

Used it during Heroic Malkorok, was near 6.5% of my total damage as BM while reforged and gemmed into crit.

worldoflogs.com/reports/o7fo9eidw7d967yp/

Quote Originally Posted by Licked View Post
    Used it during Heroic Malkorok, was near 6.5% of my total damage as BM while reforged and gemmed into crit.

worldoflogs.com/reports/o7fo9eidw7d967yp/
    not bad, tho it feels weird it did less damage than your Meta. Unless I read it wrong? I'm actually terrible with wol.

Yeah the legendary meta did more.

Heroic Malkorok is mostly a single target fight, I don't think we should be seeing equal scaling from the single target damage of the meta and the AoE proc of the cloak on fights like Malkorok.

The reason I like SV's AoE is that I don't have to constantly fret about how far my pet is from the target before multi-ing.

This just slaps beast cleave on everyone whether they like it or not. Ugh.

More like slaps Froststorm Breath on everyone, since it's a cone based on pet facing-direction and not a true AoE. Beastcleave is more reliable, really.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5149?page=3#47

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We actually have an alternate proc in the works for Hunters, we just weren't able to get it ready in time for this PTR push. Giving you the melee proc off of your pets was just a temporary measure

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post

We actually have an alternate proc in the works for Hunters, we just weren't able to get it ready in time for this PTR push. Giving you the melee proc off of your pets was just a temporary measure
    Thank fuck for that. Not judging the new "alternate proc in the works for Hunters" cause I don't know what it is. But what i read form that answer is that they are hopefully VERY aware of putting important stuff on the pet is very undesirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackiz View Post
    Thank fuck for that. Not judging the new "alternate proc in the works for Hunters" cause I don't know what it is. But what i read form that answer is that they are hopefully VERY aware of putting important stuff on the pet is very undesirable.
    fantasy-wise, it's pretty cool IMO, technically, not so much. So I guess we will have to wait and see.

Great news, lets hope it's a bit more interesting than the assumed barrage style.

Deleted

Oh interesting.
    I'm still scared they want Hunters to face whatever they are shooting with it, but this sounds like good news. Maybe their first idea will still pull through where it would attack and AoE around the mob the Hunter was attacking?

I'd still say that is good news.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    AMoC got a 40% buff didn't it?
    No, AMoc got a 30% nerf... think about it.
    Live AMoC = 100%
    Readiness = 2x 100% = 200%
    PTR AMoC = 140% of Live but no Readiness
    140/200 = 7/10 thus PTR AMoC does 30% less damage than two Live AMoCs.