Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Oqueue premades ruining my night :(

So I just hit 90 on my seventh char, was thinking to myself "I'll do some IoC! Even though horde almost always lose it, I can have some fun while getting gear!"

Now, I am a 23XX arena player on three different characters, I mostly do bgs just to screw around. Have fun. Win some games. However, there are people out there using an addon (That I am sure all of you know about so I wont go into details here) that are queuing with 40 people in IoC, letting the other team cap the gy, then spending 30 minutes farming idiots as they spawn.

Now, I know you can go to another gy. What does that accomplish? You cannot win, you are in a PuG with people that probably don't even know they are getting farmed and its intentional.

I really have no issues with premades. Go for it. Against other premades. Otherwise it is like taking your level 90 and killing level 10s over and over again while thinking "Zomg our team is teh best!" for stomping pugs

I expect some "UMAD BRO" comments, probably quoted from here because people think its funny. I guess the easiest response to that is to say, not really mad, just dissapointed that people feel the urge to do things like this for something as silly as an achievement.

I have never partook in a 40 man HK premade, I guess I would do it on my new alt if I could get into one just to farm gear, but I do not see how the people in it can possibly be having fun killing people before there screen even shows them as alive lol.

Anyway, flame away as I'm sure the people doing this will, just know that nobody finds what you are doing as worthy of any respec. Grats, you beat pugs all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sells View Post
    I expect some "UMAD BRO" comments, probably quoted from here because people think its funny.
    The more likely result will be closer to what happened with all the Healers Have to Die threads, people will go look it up now that you've mentioned it and they'll become more common.

10+ Year Old Account
    soo you know its premad , you also know what addon they are using... download it and have fun ?...tho i cant possibly imagine how one can have fun on isle of fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    soo you know its premad , you also know what addon they are using... download it and have fun ?...tho i cant possibly imagine how one can have fun on isle of fail.
    I highly doubt any premade would take my alt that just hit 90 and has 305k hp :P

Even if they would, I don't do bgs just to farm people at gy's...that really is not the point of bgs lol. But I guess some achievement/title people are obsessed with it, so more power to them?

you think achievments are silly. but i don't think achievements are silly. but i find make a thread about it silly.

and your a 23xx arena player yet you whine because your 7th alt can't get gear for 1 night? why do you even need that? just ask one of your 23xx buddy to boost you in arena? and skip honour gear right away?

None of my friends play at the same time as me anymore-I got a new job and work nights so I am sleeping all day/ up all night most of the time lol.

Also, is it still an achievement if you need to wreck pugs to get them? Is that really "fun"? to you?

"Lol that guy tried to rez-to bad we have 40 people sitting right here spamming aoes lol wat a nub!!"

Think they will do something about Oqueue. Holinka has stated he is not happy with the premade battlegrounds, so expect the add on to no longer work in a future patch or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sells View Post
    Also, is it still an achievement if you need to wreck pugs to get them? Is that really "fun"? to you?

"Lol that guy tried to rez-to bad we have 40 people sitting right here spamming aoes lol wat a nub!!"
    Achievement hunters are generally completionists. You don't just ignore 1-2 achievements because they "aren't fun" and do all of the others. You do them all.

As a side note, you say they aren't "fun", but I used to lead Horde AV HK farms for a few weeks towards the end of Cata, and I can assure you they were LOTS of fun. Once in a blue moon if shit hit the fan, or we were absolutely slaughtering and could afford to mess around, we would drop back to a choke point and start spawning the old Frost Elemental boss and using it to kill off the Alliance, and we loved it. We would all be on vent just laughing and having a jolly good time, messing around and shouting at each other "STUN HIM!" "CC HIM!" "DON'T LET HIM GET PAST!" "YES! THE ICE BOSS IS GOING TO KILL HIM! YESSS!!!" and the like. And other times where we didn't spawn the Frost Elemental, and were just doing the HK farm the proper way (pushing the alliance all the way back into the tunnel they spawn in at the very beginning of the BG and farming them right in there), we used to pick off the alliance who refused to admit defeat and would try and hide in a corner and burst people down, or CC them, and we'd fear/knockback these people towards the instance portal then have a priest MC them and run them out of the portal (thus leaving the battleground). We would all be shouting and laughing at each other as we did it. And after we were done for the day, I'd always get like 10-15 whispers saying they had tons of fun and asking when the next one I was leading would be, which proves that people did actually enjoy themselves. (Yes, call me a horrible person, but in my defense they wouldn't have had any better outcome from just sitting at the GY and dying repeatedly like the rest of them. They managed to get out early.)

But no, it's not fun for the people being farmed, I can tell you that now, having come across the Alliance IoC HK farm group while working towards 100 wins in IoC back before I started leading the AV runs, but you can make it fun. After coming across them about 3 or 4 times I was able to tell if it was them I was playing before a battle had even started, as soon as I'd zoned in. I'd just look at the scoreboard for 4 or 5 names who I recognized as frequents in their group, and if I spotted any of those names, I'd tell the entire BG group the exact strat the Alli were using, and try and come up with strats to counter it. I must say we came close to beating them once or twice, but alas, they managed to catch on and kill off the few stragglers trying to 5-8man the Alliance boss. Lol. I got my 100 wins and haven't been back since. >_<

If it really bothers you that much, I suggest you just blacklist IoC from your Horde toons and you won't have to face them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevz View Post
    Think they will do something about Oqueue. Holinka has stated he is not happy with the premade battlegrounds, so expect the add on to no longer work in a future patch or something.
    and how do you think he want to do that?
    its just a few groups of 5 that sign up at the same time. and there is also a change they might not get into the same bg.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and how do you think he want to do that?
    its just a few groups of 5 that sign up at the same time. and there is also a change they might not get into the same bg.
    Yes, "random chance" that it works almost 100% of the time

10+ Year Old Account
    oQueue isn't the only place to make groups. Just try and do it yourself and you can have your own also.

Deleted
    As long as the game supports puging as a need to gear your char (random bgs) I have no problems with Oqueue.
    Oqueue should go away only if blizz puts an intelligence test before joining a random bg.

How exactly would Blizzard break oQueue in a way that doesn't cause a fuckton of inconvenience for "legitimate" (if you like to think) players?

All it does is provide an in-game means for exchanging battle-tags and forming groups and saving people a ton of fucking headaches doing it on external websites. Then it simply automates communication via battle-tag whispers regarding queue status and "guesses" to see if a premade got in the same queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    this isn't oqueue. it's just 40 people on vent queueing at the same time.

people gy farm for hks to get their titles. get over it.

i do a lot of bgs, i mean a lot, my paladin is coming in at nearly 4k bgs played, my warlock somewhere around 2k. i like doing random bgs.

i can count on one hand the number of OQ/rath/proudfather/etc. premades i've run into. seriously. a lot of the time you think you are running into a premade, you are just running into a group that has more then one member with a brain in their head and are actually talking bg chat.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're losing so bad that they have you pushed back to your graveyard then hit ESCAPE and stop ressing. When you stop feeding them, the chest bump and do the objectives to win. Chalk it up as a loss and queue again. Sometimes you just get your butt kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i do a lot of bgs, i mean a lot, my paladin is coming in at nearly 4k bgs played, my warlock somewhere around 2k. i like doing random bgs.

i can count on one hand the number of OQ/rath/proudfather/etc. premades i've run into. seriously. a lot of the time you think you are running into a premade, you are just running into a group that has more then one member with a brain in their head and are actually talking bg chat.
    I don't know. The only time I remember coming against teams that have completely destroyed me was when you could queue in a raid group. Never happened unless it was premade for me back in cata. But now it seems to happen all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I don't know. The only time I remember coming against teams that have completely destroyed me was when you could queue in a raid group. Never happened unless it was premade for me back in cata. But now it seems to happen all the time.
    i queued into a rath AV once when i was alliance at the end of cata. ONCE. a bunch of them had me on realid so they MCed my poor little paladin around and then walked me off a cliff. then i got my revenge by forcing them to hunt me down all through the south

i run into 2-3 person premades fairly regularly, and i run them myself fairly regularly. not all premades are organized by OQ, they might just be a couple of friends just doing bgs together for fun.

the system does actually try to queue premades against premades, and its fairly successful, but sometimes it can't.

what i don't understand is why people have a problem queuing into a premade in a random bg. its a random bg, it makes absolutely no difference to anything if you win or lose. at worst you just wasted 20 minutes, at best you have the satisfaction of having beat a premade in a pug.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Has nothing to do with Oqueue, the group you are talking about may indeed use it but there has been a IoC HK farm group on my server ever since the bg came out. Even if blizzard somehow removes Oqueue which I doubt they will do people will still be able to do this.

Deleted
    Wait, there are people who actually queue for IoC ?!