Page 75 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    If you are so sure about who they are trying to alienate then who exactly are they trying to be inclusive of?
    They aren't trying to be inclusive. Hell, they had an entire interview bashing the concept of inclusivity.

(If you haven't noticed yet, I am not defending them on this one)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-26 at 07:18 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Guys, What do think of the craftable Servos ? I unlocked and crafted some tier 3 with 850 quality only to find that the slight bonus to move speed is offset by the increased mass... Am I missing something here ? I only unlocked mass level 8 on my frame but I have a feeling servos is the one piece we won't upgrade to keep our mass as low ad possible..

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Guys, What do think of the craftable Servos ? I unlocked and crafted some tier 3 with 850 quality only to find that the slight bonus to move speed is offset by the increased mass... Am I missing something here ? I only unlocked mass level 8 on my frame but I have a feeling servos is the one piece we won't upgrade to keep our mass as low ad possible..
    Eh. Servos < jumpjets. It's why servos are cheaper to make. The jump height is pretty nice, gives you better vertical thrust because it imparts more momentum. But really, the two main +Mass upgrades I go for broke on is plating and jumpjets. If you are really concerned, I would drop a -5 core on both of them to reduce the cost of the plating and jumpjets by 40%

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like accord elite / prototype and chosen isn't enough of a difference from the craft/stock types. Also, we should be able to find the schematics for chosen and accord elite/ prototypes (maybe through a reverse engineering process, under the refining tab).

IE: Chosen assault rifle I data 0/300
    And then you would have to melt a bunch of chosen assault rifles to get data and then unlock crafting it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    They aren't trying to be inclusive. Hell, they had an entire interview bashing the concept of inclusivity.

(If you haven't noticed yet, I am not defending them on this one)
    Wish I could find it so I could understand the context a little better. Was it on FF Live or something?

Seems weird they would make a game F2P, make it so that you could technically get any item in the game without ever paying a dime, make the instances about having enough resources...and then bash inclusiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Wish I could find it so I could understand the context a little better. Was it on FF Live or something?

Seems weird they would make a game F2P, make it so that you could technically get any item in the game without ever paying a dime, make the instances about having enough resources...and then bash inclusiveness.
    It wasn't really about "inclusiveness", it was about transparency. They want the game to be somewhat murky and uncertain, so players need to figure out what they should go do next, rather than being handed a quest and a big map icon saying "GO HERE NEXT" all the time. What item do you craft next? Up to you. Do you run ARES missions, or go thumping? Up to you. Can you handle an ARES 2 solo? Try and find out, we won't tell you.

That's a transparency thing; most MMOs try to give you a trail of breadcrumbs to follow for everything. Red5 doesn't want to do that with Firefall. That might get some players to drop the game, but they're willing to forgo that portion of the potential player base to appeal more to those wanting a game with less hand-holding. I'm definitely in that latter category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It wasn't really about "inclusiveness", it was about transparency. They want the game to be somewhat murky and uncertain, so players need to figure out what they should go do next, rather than being handed a quest and a big map icon saying "GO HERE NEXT" all the time. What item do you craft next? Up to you. Do you run ARES missions, or go thumping? Up to you. Can you handle an ARES 2 solo? Try and find out, we won't tell you.

That's a transparency thing; most MMOs try to give you a trail of breadcrumbs to follow for everything. Red5 doesn't want to do that with Firefall. That might get some players to drop the game, but they're willing to forgo that portion of the potential player base to appeal more to those wanting a game with less hand-holding. I'm definitely in that latter category.
    But how does this apply to them not doling out anything about the characters, factions, or even game universe in-game? What's wrong with designing an MMO to have a cohesive, well-written plot?

I don't really mind the gameplay; it's nothing I can really stick with because it becomes boring very quickly, but it's fun for an hour here or there. But I don't understand why all of the plot-relevant stuff can only be done outside the game, or how this relates to "we don't want to hold players' hands."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    But how does this apply to them not doling out anything about the characters, factions, or even game universe in-game? What's wrong with designing an MMO to have a cohesive, well-written plot?
    I have no idea where you're getting that impression. They're adding a story campaign, it's just not in yet. They're not trying to have no lore, they're just trying to make the gameplay experience user-led, not system-led.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played this for a while, but I didn't really like the gameplay. The aiming felt sluggish and unresponsive when compared to for example, TF2.

Eh. Servos < jumpjets. It's why servos are cheaper to make. The jump height is pretty nice, gives you better vertical thrust because it imparts more momentum. But really, the two main +Mass upgrades I go for broke on is plating and jumpjets. If you are really concerned, I would drop a -5 core on both of them to reduce the cost of the plating and jumpjets by 40%
    That's what I was thinking and it sucks, I really wanted to maximize my movement speed but not at the expense of combat effectiveness.

@Mukki wth does "unresponsive" means ?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It wasn't really about "inclusiveness", it was about transparency. They want the game to be somewhat murky and uncertain, so players need to figure out what they should go do next, rather than being handed a quest and a big map icon saying "GO HERE NEXT" all the time.
    nah. i was talking about that interview where the ceo, who worked on vanilla wow, accuses wow of breaking the genre by making mmos about accessability and inclusiveness.

nah. i was talking about that interview where the ceo, who worked on vanilla wow, accuses wow of breaking the genre by making mmos about accessability and inclusiveness.
    Where is that man, so I can High-5 him. Although WoW didn't do it, Activision did. Just check the timeline Activision Blizzard and the timeline of the first ever nerf on a dungeon at the end of tBC.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    here, i tracked down the article for you guys... using my phone. i think making a fire with sticks and stones is easier than navagating this site with this thing. thats how much i care about these boards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw would you guys suggest running my Nighthawk with the R36, Long Range Charge/Decoy/Resonating Bolts - Eruption Rounds? Seems better than the default kit to me..

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    however I felt it was a little repetitive.
    Mm..it's as repetitive of any other MMO except the intrigue is much like GW2, that the end game starts the second you play the game as everything is 'end game'.
    BAD WOLF

however I felt it was a little repetitive. .
    Yes, this is mainly the issue currently, which is largely supported throughout the FF forums, by founders and newbies alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Played this for a while, but I didn't really like the gameplay. The aiming felt sluggish and unresponsive when compared to for example, TF2.
    It's very sluggish compared to TF2, yes. Remember that TF2 has its roots in Quake, so it's a very fast-paced game. Firefall is much more MMO-like, with players having large health pools and low weapon damage.

Played Firefall for a couple days. Felt like a cross between Global Agenda and the in depth crafting system of EVE (only played EVE briefly). Really enjoyable, however I felt it was a little repetitive. Will definitely give the released polished version a go.
    I'm still depressed that Global Agenda turned into a flop. They had something pretty great there, if only they hadn't tried to cater to the World of Warcraft crowd :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I really need to get my blackwater key crafted ={

Deleted
    Ive been wondering what Red 5 were working on since they were founded but Ive yet to get around to playing this,is it worth checking out in its current state?

It's pretty playable, but don't expect it to be bug free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    It's pretty playable, but don't expect it to be bug free.
    ehhh i dont find it too bad, worst ive come across so far is probably the printer not refreshing after crafting is done and i have emptied it