Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm predicting sub numbers to go as low as 3 million subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is always hints at what the next expansion is going to be. And MOP has had more hints then any other expansion and they all point at the legion. The legion has many many worlds. We don't have to go right to Argus, logically we would have to take out legion reinforcements on there other planets first.

So why the hell do so many people still feel the need to think its the Emerald dream? Emerald dream will never happen because its just a green version of azeroth. It will be cata all over again and people sure as hell didn't like going back to the old world then and they will not like it again.

It's a legion expansion next, where we fight them? who knows. There is alot more then sargeras in the legion.

Also, Stormrage was a fucking terribly written book that looks like a 14 year old wrote. Sure hope to hell they never continue that pathetic excuse for literature into in game lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    I'm predicting sub numbers to go as low as 3 million subscribers.
    I wouldn't say that low. Most the sub losses are in Asia so i would go with it sitting at 5mil.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-07-27 at 12:04 PM.
    Aye mate

GC confirmed that we'll be returning to Azeroth in some Chinees event http://2p.com/1066617_1/Ghostcrab-Co...To-Azeroth.htm

So South Seas exp looks most realistic tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shonvel View Post
    GC confirmed that we'll be returning to Azeroth in some Chinees event http://2p.com/1066617_1/Ghostcrab-Co...To-Azeroth.htm

Returning? We haven't left in 3 expansions. Also those interview are so badly translated. I would take them with a grain of salt.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    South sea and Pirates!

Quote Originally Posted by Shonvel View Post

Was more or less proven fake.

Deleted
    i met someone ones that kept insisting over and over that we should do the Golden Egg achievement on Ji-kun LFR.

lots of folks pointed out it doesnt work on LFR, heck i think the egg doesnt even spawn.
    didnt stop him from spamming chat from tortos till ji-kun , really a weirdo. but he did okay dps and didnt ninja pull or anything so we put up with it.

demon hunters will never happen imo. Warlocks have all the demon hunter spells after all, including metamorphosis, which is probs the only awesome thing about demon hunters. There would have to be a considerable difference made between warlocks/demon hunters for them to be accepted into the game, as well as to ensure we haven't got 2 classes the exact same, or very similar. Ogres could happen, but i doubt it. I dnt think they'll add a new race next expansion tbh. High Elves seems possible imo, with all their input into current wow events like ToT alliance story with tht woman who cries about her dead husband. idk. I genuinely think tho that next expansion will be south seas/burning legion, but none of the stuff mentioned previously will be included. Blizz are much more creative i think X_X. I hope

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    demon hunters will never happen imo. Warlocks have all the demon hunter spells after all, including metamorphosis, which is probs the only awesome thing about demon hunters. There would have to be a considerable difference made between warlocks/demon hunters for them to be accepted into the game, as well as to ensure we haven't got 2 classes the exact same, or very similar. Ogres could happen, but i doubt it. I dnt think they'll add a new race next expansion tbh. High Elves seems possible imo, with all their input into current wow events like ToT alliance story with tht woman who cries about her dead husband. idk. I genuinely think tho that next expansion will be south seas/burning legion, but none of the stuff mentioned previously will be included. Blizz are much more creative i think X_X. I hope
    Warlocks also had some death knight spells like Death Coil or whatever it was.
    2 classes having the same spell wich works in diffrent ways is not a problem IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i met someone ones that kept insisting over and over that we should do the Golden Egg achievement on Ji-kun LFR.

lots of folks pointed out it doesnt work on LFR, heck i think the egg doesnt even spawn.
    didnt stop him from spamming chat from tortos till ji-kun , really a weirdo. but he did okay dps and didnt ninja pull or anything so we put up with it.
    Um... I think you have the wrong thread lol.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm basically praying at this point that the next expansion is Burning Legion, the only other options at this point are:
    -South Seas featuring Azshara and N'zoth (And please God, I don't want an expansion of Vashj'iri. if it's anything close to that I'm unsubbing for that expansion.)
    -Emerald Dream (Which like the above is absolutely boring.)
    -Some combination of the above two
    -Some Out of Left field nonsense like Pandaria (The raid content is miles ahead of Cataclysm, but the story overall is meh.)

As far as end bosses for a BL expansion go, I would certainly hope we NEVER fight Sargeras, that'd just be ridiculous, however there are two Burning Legion higher ups that come to mind for end bosses.

-Kil'Jaeden the Deciever: He's probably rather sore after the Sunwell fiasco

-Tichondrius the Darkener: This one might be a bit of a stretch (Not by much, if you think about it.) Tichondrius isn't stated to be 100% dead, and judging by the nature of Nathrezim (Balnazzar, Mal'ganis, Balnazzar again.) It would make sense that the leader of their race didn't die to Illidan. Honestly, he'd make a good poster boy for an expansion as well, seeing as (post-draenei retcon) he's pretty much indirectly responsible for 90% of the bad things that happen in Warcraft.

As for Classes, we have two choices at this point:
    -The Tinker: Could or could not happen, personally I'm against it but it does have some diehard fans (*cough* Teriz and his fanboys *cough* *cough*)
    -Demon Hunter: We've seen plenty of arguments against it, and plenty of counterarguments to refute those, overall it remains a "cool" class that would gauruntee some money for Blizzard.

Do we need a new class? Not really in terms of balance. Would it make things more interesting? Sure, just get the headaches sorted out and it shouldn't be to big. Is it likely? Balance or not, I have a feeling that this next expansion is going to be Blizzard "Going BIG" and chasing after lost subs+new subs.

Races?
    Ogres - They've been missing from the Horde for a while now
    High Elves- Really other than Furbolgs, are the only serious contender for new Alliance race. (Plus there's always "Turalyon and Alleria supposedly showing up next expansion")
    Naga - For a South Seas expansion? Maybe, (I say maybe simply because GC said overall he wasn't a fan of the neutral Pandaren race, but Blizzard didn't want anyone to not be able to play Pandaren since for some reason known only in the sixth and ninth levels of Hell, everyone wanted to play them. I could see Naga being similar, but based off from GC's response it's not looking too good.)
    Ethreal/Arrakoa - Both would need greatly expanded upon and a good reason to join either faction, in all reality it looks like they're just going to end up on the island of outdated races along with the Sporelings, Vrykul, Tuskarr, Wolvar, Gorlok, Tol'vir, Mantid, Jinyu, Hozen and Grummles.

Overall theme?

-Invading a Legion World (Argus or somewhere else.)
    -Defending against a Legion invasion.
    Honestly, it could go either way, or a combination of the two.

Either way, Azshara, N'zoth and the Emerald Dream need to step aside, it's time for WORLD OF WARCRAFT: BURNING CRUSADE TAKE 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Warlocks also had some death knight spells like Death Coil or whatever it was.
    2 classes having the same spell wich works in diffrent ways is not a problem IMO.
    Kazomir, this is probably going to be the only time you and I ever agree, it seems you're right.

To expand upon that Death coil was one of the few abilities that both the WCII and WCIII Death Knights had, so it could, arguably, be seen as just as important as Metamorphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Do we need a new class? Not really in terms of balance. Would it make things more interesting? Sure, just get the headaches sorted out and it shouldn't be to big. Is it likely? Balance or not, I have a feeling that this next expansion is going to be Blizzard "Going BIG" and chasing after lost subs+new subs.
    Yeah, this is what about I was talking. I want to see something "BIG", only a few knew about Pandaria, Taran Zhu, etc. before the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah, this is what about I was talking. I want to see something "BIG", only a few knew about Pandaria, Taran Zhu, etc. before the expansion.
    Plenty of people new about them, but it wasn't a huge draw for quite a few, honestly the Pandaria story has bored me to death, and I'm a bit sore after seeing LolOldGod in Pandaria doing what he did to Garrosh and Gorehowl (Granted, Garrosh isn't corrupted, he's still in control, it just sucks to see the son of this super cool old school Horde hero get his story trashed in Pandaland [He was going to die, sure, but Old Gods and Pandaland just ruined everything])

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Plenty of people new about them, but it wasn't a huge draw for quite a few, honestly the Pandaria story has bored me to death, and I'm a bit sore after seeing LolOldGod in Pandaria doing what he did to Garrosh and Gorehowl (Granted, Garrosh isn't corrupted, he's still in control, it just sucks to see the son of this super cool old school Horde hero get his story trashed in Pandaland [He was going to die, sure, but Old Gods and Pandaland just ruined everything])
    I completely agree. Pandaria isn't bad, but it's too boring, nothing exciting for me, Throne of Thunder lore/raid was only a good raid for now for me.
    And yeah, I think Garrosh deserved better fate than that(only predictions, but I think he'll just die in SoO and everyone will forget about Hellscream line).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    And yeah, I think Garrosh deserved better fate than that(only predictions, but I think he'll just die in SoO and everyone will forget about Hellscream line).
    Honestly the whole Heart of Y'shaarj thing is just a big disapointment, I get that they're going for "Son repeating the same mistakes as the father" but, I mean, just compare the (SPOILERS [It's almost like you're on MMO-Champion or something!]) Eyeball Garrosh and Eyeball Gorehowl, to Grom the Fel Orc and tell me who looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Also, Stormrage was a fucking terribly written book that looks like a 14 year old wrote. Sure hope to hell they never continue that pathetic excuse for literature into in game lore.
    That's basically every Warcraft book written by Knaak, ever.

Deleted
    To be serious I dont think they will "Shoot their load" so soon by bringing up the Burning legion straight after MoP.
    They have to build it up more, I think next expansion will be indeed South seas based with Azshara as main villain and Kul Tiras, Undermine, and Tel'abim appearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the next expansion is anything other than a burning legion one, I won't be returning.

Really don't see anything exciting about "south seas".

The Scourge and the Burning legion are the two things I loved about warcraft but they seem "dealt" with now and so I am "dealt" with the game.
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    I thought Pandaria was the South Seas expansion.
    yeah I think you have a point. pandaria is located in the south seas, so screw you trolls,nagas and pirates, Legion here we go!

I think a South Seas expansion is too risky at this point, and may even feel like a bait and switch. They've teased us about the Legion with Wrathion, and it would just seem really lackluster if we got anything else. I obviously don't speak for anyone but myself, but from what I've seen a Burning Legion expansion seems to be what most people are expecting.

I feel like, with subs at their lowest point in years, what wow really needs right now is something that will build hype in a massive way. People need to be able to watch a trailer and say, "Holy shit! I'm getting that!" and once again, only speaking for myself, but Panda didn't really do that for me. In fact, the direction the story went, with lots of new lore being added suddenly, with no big name previously established villain, it seemed like anime filler to me. It detracts from the important story and really kills hype for me.

I feel like South Seas would be filler like Panda was, and the very idea of it leaves me feeling disinterested. Also, underwater zones seem to be highly divisive. I've seen some claim that Vashj was the best zone ever, and I've seen others that hate it so much they refuse to do it. A sea based expansion makes it more likely that we'd see more zones like that, and imo, wow doesn't need extremely divisive content right now, it needs to crank the badass factor to 11.

If the next expansion is Burning Legion stuff, Blizz can count on my sub at least.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Working on something, but for now let's just say South Seas/Great Sea and there will be Naga.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)