Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    LoL I was like...Butterflies!

But yeah. Legendary nowadays just means a grindier to get really high item lvl epic. I seriously don't like it.

Shadowmourn or Valy'nir were as grindy, but for example I like the way Shadowmourn was crafted, you had to this and that, get that an the other thing. Many guilds managed to make 2 or even 3 of them, but was still a relevant decision, who gets it, when etc, and obtaining it actually required a guild to adjust their strategies around fights to complete it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I detect some special snowflake disorder here. Legendary has always been about the effort you put in, and I for one actually had hoped they would switch to a broader Legendary quest.

I loved that this new method of Legendary did not exclude any classes (leading to plenty of annoying jealousy) and also added a ton of lore and purpose to the game. Dedication deserves a reward and if that means we have to redefine what a Legendary is, I for one support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    I would rather have a 0.9% drop chance than do: 10 sigals power/wisdom , grind to honored, 6k valor (3k now), PvP , Grind to revered, 40 bars, 20 secrets, Get exalted, collect 12 runestones, kill lei shen, kill wrathalon or whatever his name is, plus 5.4 quests. This has to be the HARDEST legendary item to get.
    That is not really true, because in each stage you get a significant benefit, the Sha Gems, the Extra weapon gem slots etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    The gap between Heroic and Normal is not nearly as big as the gap between LFR and Normal. That's why LFR can't be qualified of being a proper raiding experience. It is so far removed from everything raiding has ever been since the inception of the game. Again, you can't compare LFR to Normal.
    The biggest gap between LFR and Normal is that you actually have to rely on each other. If you're of a cooperative nature, it's not that big of a jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The biggest gap between LFR and Normal is that you actually have to rely on each other. If you're of a cooperative nature, it's not that big of a jump.
    I think the number of guilds getting destroyed by Horridon is a testament to the gap between these two difficulties. Gap which, I remind you, the devs felt the need to fill with Flexi raiding.

technically legendary means it's the stuff of legends, which means it doesn't really exist, it's just a made up uber story.

so if anyone has it, it isn't legendary anymore, so we should just delete the orange color from our itens, amirite?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    technically legendary means it's the stuff of legends, which means it doesn't really exist, it's just a made up uber story.

so if anyone has it, it isn't legendary anymore, so we should just delete the orange color from our itens, amirite?
    WoW Legendaries are usually items with heavy lore behind them, rather than imaginary items.

I agree with the OP. In the World of Warcraft 'universe', a legendary is a unique item (usually filled with lore, but not lately), that took a lot of effort or sheer luck to get. Everyone having it is just silly.

I already had issues with vastly 'common' legendaries like Shadowmourne or Tarecgosa's, where we had dozens per guild, but now it just got ridiculous.

Deleted
    I actually liked how rift did legendaries, raid end boss always drops one.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    so remove legendary items from normal and lfr because on heroics are the real raiders ?
    I support this normal mode is a joke, I only do LFR and did a tot pug while ago people who failed on leishen did so on retard check mechanics like stand in the cloud to avoid adds spawning, yet we got over swarmed gg. Those idiots certainly don't deserve the legendary if LFR people don't. Heroic raiders are the real raiders as stated above. Either give it to everyone who puts in effort or just the hardcores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    discuss..it seems weird that when in bc i would see maybe 2-3 ppl with warglaives wotlk maybe 30-50 ppl server wide with shadowmourne , cataclysm almost every raiding rogue on frostmourne had the legendary , and towards DS most spell casters had the legendary. I liked it when getting a legendary made you actually stronger than 99% of the community , and it was all purely BASED on luck, because right now , a legendary item isnt so legendary when every damn raider in the world including LFRers have the item, or will eventually get the item.
    So, relying on stupid RNG (and sleeping with the GM to get the said legendary ) to get an orange is better than working your way through a long quest chain with a lot of steps?
    This is silly.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Everyone has legendary in diablo 3 yet its still legendary.

Point is, you don't get to define it.
    Diablo 3 isn't really an mmo

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    A legendary item is only legendary when only one person can have it.
    Lorewise only one person has it: the one helping the Black Prince. Now of course every single player is that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Legendary does not have to be unique though. I can understand that you maybe want it to be, but in that case there is also a very high risk that you will never get one. Are you happy with that?
    I've never had a legendary, I haven't even bothered with getting one when it's not longer relevant - and I completely agree with OP. It should not be "fair", it should create an incentive to step up in the raiding scene. Not some wellfare giveaway.
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2013-07-27 at 02:52 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Lorewise only one person has it: the one helping the Black Prince. Now of course every single player is that person.
    Lorewise only one person forged shadowmourne in order to kill the Lichking am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Actually, the MoP legendary may actually be multiple rather than unique.

Its legendary because it has orange text. That's all that matters to the current generation of WoW players, the principal and logic of "legendary" is irrelevant to them.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Its legendary because it has orange text. That's all that matters to the current generation of WoW players, the principal and logic of "legendary" is irrelevant to them.
    The devaluation of legendaries was inevitable what with the homogenisation and casualification of the game. Whether it's good or bad, the concept of what a legendary is has shifted in WoW and is now different. Just like everything in the game it changes. Whether the changes are good or bad, is up for debate. Personally i thing both sides of the argument are solid and have merit.

Why can't there be both a legendary drop & one you work for in the same tier or expansion?
    Hi

Deleted
    Oh, I can't afk with it in SW/OG so people can be amazed at the size of my penis. THE HUMANITY! WOW IS DEAD! ETC!

Legendary, at least by a simple definition, says to me that it's very lore heavy. The current legendaries are very lore heavy. That doesn't make me want to do the quest though. Amazingly, all I really knew about the Warglaives of Azzinoth was that Illidan used them and that made it my favorite legendary of all time. I have 3 sets of glaives atm: DK, Rogue, War. Need it on my monk next lol. (I have good RNG luck)

Legendary =/= special snowflake.