Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not unlike many MMO's then.
    People who want to complain will always make a lot of noise, even if they are a minority.
    Those who are happy make very little noise, even if a majority.

The talk surrounding a game can never be taken as meaningful on its own without looking at the context of specific points.
    Well, objectively Hammerpoint were selling the beta for a game that was barely in alpha, and they lied through their teeth about the majority of the game. Like, the deserved every single piece of bad press they got because they pulled a ton of shady bullshit.

But I don't know how the game is now, so I don't know if they've actually spent time/money improving it, but their past performance has been anything but good : /

Deleted
    The real question is why do ppl keep playing.

Deleted
    Well it HAD to change name for copyright reason. But it wanted probaly also to change name. So more people would buy it. I do find it sad and depresseing that people buy it, tried it over at a mate, it is one of the worse game i tried - But okay was some time ago, could be they improved it. But the developers have anyway pulled to much B.... for me to ever buy it. Has how " oh yeah this game is completly done, buy our game - We have all this featuress " in the future, and not even near future" How they used pictures, that " should have been sceen shots" but was not. Can not see how people want to buy a game that threart them like that, but well, my mate like it, so some does

Deleted
    Actually the people whom play it are mostly in a state of desperation genre. You really want that survival MMO zombie apoc game, and the only scant offers are ither for highish rigs, or made by hammerpoint.

That being said every streamer I watch just gets killed on the regular by hackers, I don't see the allure.

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't play shitty games...
    I'm sorry, but they do, because they either don't care about it or don't know it.
    The big problem is that most gamers play "the best game available", not "the best game possible", so all a game needs to be popular is to be less shitty than the others. It doesn't need to be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pre ordered the game before it was released for I think $25, maybe $30, and I probably have 50+ hours played in it and I had fun doing it. I never bought anything out of the cash shops and I did just fine. Ignoring all of the stupid stuff they did with PR they have done a decent job developing it. I haven't played it in about a month due to other games but I can only hope it has gotten better. I highly doubt I would buy it now(because of all the stuff they did) if I didn't pre order it, but I did get more play time out of it than a lot of AAA titles, so I'm pleased.

I know a lot of people complain about hackers, but if you play on a private server you really don't have that problem. I know that doesn't make it okay for the game to be infested with hackers, but it can fix the problem for people who already bought the game.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2013-06-24 at 03:02 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was with you waaldo, we had such high hopes for this game, I probably got 20 hours out of it but I know people who have hundreds of hours. I personally played on a private server so never saw a hacker, it is a shame you have to do this to avoid them, but its hardly any worse than day Zwhere people can do whatever they want with you.

Remember how this game was marketed as an MMO before release?

lol.

If anyone has a infestation account they want to give away, or play on mal ganis ill trade something for it message me

10+ Year Old Account
    My buddies and I got this game back when it was announced and the first playable version came out. We were so excited for it because it seemed so promising. Except this is what we got:

Zombies that didn't move.
    Completely desolate buildings.
    Not enough food or water to sustain your meters so you ended up dying anyways.
    Weapons were few an far in between (which was fine, except for the fact military bases had nothing).

There were just so many problems we ended up not having that much fun after the first week. Has anything changed besides the name?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its still horrendous, it has supposedly got 100,000 players daily, its a travesty if true, it has changed so little from the horror that was release, its slightly better optomised with some minor graphical fidelity changes and lots of bug fixes. It is still bad with a capital shit.

They have a twitter feed to embarrass hackers https://twitter.com/infestationmmoA which I find quite amusing.

They do seem to have improved communication, the forums are generally wel briefed with Q + A and updates.

If I had bought it in the sale I would have been happy with a substandard game, I paid like £30 pre release, mugged.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-07-27 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    If I had bought it in the sale I would have been happy with a substandard game, I paid like £30 pre release, mugged.
    I'd say mugged is a pretty accurate term for anyone who bought this. Atleast you've all got some positive karma coming your way for allowing everyone else to have a good laugh watching people realise what exactly they've paid money for.