Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nothing amazing really. There were a few nice things, but nothing amazing. Last time something amazing was implemented IMO was LFR in Cata, but MoP is well on it's way to ruin that too. Anyone remember arenas? yeah..

Scenarios, challenge modes, flex its all crap that benefit no one more than Blizzard itself.

They should have made the 5.0 factions similar to Wrath factions in terms of rewards. You could get some ok 476 gear to start you off but nothing that competes with raid pieces.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    Problem with the leveling zones in Cata and MoP are they are mostly neutral. I'm not sure if this cuts down on development time but it's tedious doing the same quests if you have an equal amount of characters on both factions. Yes, the quests tend to be flavoured the same... I guess TOR has spoiled me in the leveling department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is a shame to see people so damned focus on the dailies bullshit after all these months. I wonder what will they complain about come 5.4.

I honestly think Blizzard needs to stop pandering to the forums. Its been proven again and again that people dont know what the fuck they want, some of them are just plain jaded and burned out. They need to make a game the way that they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    kinda said what i said in one line, but glad others see it.
    That's been what I've not really liked about it. That being said i'm having a little more fun right now since I don't have to do much on my main so I've got the time to do stuff on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBanana View Post
    I agree with this. Before MOP launched everyone playing in cata like was "omg pandaz rofl, how childish, its time to quit and find a new game" yada yada yada.

But with all the people who cried about BC being the golden age of WoW and the burning legion (Sargeras) returning as the main protagonist, you can bet your ass the sub numbers are going to skyrocket back up when the next burning legion xpac comes out.
    Not really true. Sure there are people who will come back, but a lot of people will have alternatives. Besides if someone quit because of pandas(unlikely it would have been the only reason, but still) they might not come back. Because even though it would no longer be a panda expansion they're still ingame.
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borntobe View Post
    Not really true. Sure there are people who will come back, but a lot of people will have alternatives. Besides if someone quit because of pandas(unlikely it would have been the only reason, but still) they might not come back. Because even though it would no longer be a panda expansion they're still ingame.
    Except they won't to be the focus, infact it will be like the blood elves/dranaei. They have major roles in the expansion they were introduced but completely forgotten in later times. Considering Panderen on an entirely different continent, we won't be seeing them again next expansion and perhaps never.

Personally i thought pvp was totally gimped, and i mean VERY GIMPED in this expansion.

To start off, i thought the new pvp system was just weird the fact that EVERYBODY (even pve geared players) have resilience, you don't even need pvp gear to get resil anymore, but instead you get pvp power. Ever sense they nerfed pvp power, it spoke to me that pve gear and main stat gems well more required than the pvp gear. Honestly, i just hate the entire sytem and its very VERY different than the 3 other expansions (which is great, but its different in a bad way).

The pvp rewards are terrible and are not even rewarding, how come pvers get rewarded greatly for what they do? All pvpers get are fail cosmetic rewards that look EXACTLY the same except different colors (i kinda like the red color though back in cata, it worked decently) and a title that is nearly impossible to get due to fail class balance (jk... its more of a skill thing rather than class balance), but the only reward i find appealing is the bloody enchant, it looks pretty cool! But i have no idea why they put in the disarm reduction weapon enchant or meta gem.. kinda pointless if you ask me.

I remember back then when getting 2.2k was EXCITING, but with the way pvp gear is given out, its just kinda depressing and there is almost no point to competing except for trying to accomplish gladiator, but you have to be reckful status or vanguards to be able to achieve such a decent rating, they really should've just left it same like in cata where the weapon had a higher ilvl but gear stayed he same with a red color (it made it look brutal and intense) now everything just looks plain stupid and again, NOT REWARDING.

I am going to say this again, pvp in MOP is completely gimped and i mean it, in my 9 years of wow have i've seen the worst pvp seasons, MOP is defiantly the winner of all the other expansions for having the worst pvp seasons in the entire game, i mean COME ON... show some effort blizzard, this is just pathetic.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-07-27 at 06:44 PM.

Daily quests. If they ever have a system like this again I won't invest anytime in it.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Daily quests. If they ever have a system like this again I won't invest anytime in it.
    What's the problem? They're an avenue to make gold. One of many.

10+ Year Old Account
    not alt friendly
    lack of immersion
    poor lore/story
    pandaria and pandaren feel too forced and shoe horned in
    doesn't feel like wow or properly feel like a horde vs alliance enviroment, feels too stand alone-ish

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    not alt friendly
    lack of immersion
    poor lore/story
    pandaria and pandaren feel too forced and shoe horned in
    doesn't feel like wow or properly feel like a horde vs alliance enviroment, feels too stand alone-ish
    You apparently haven't read or done most of the quests in the game because this story is the best of all.

I'm not gonna even post on anything else people just run through quests missing the story i don't even see a point in questing since no one reads!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    I don't understand the alt unfriendly argument, I got 8 alts to 90 and got 4 of those geared for ToT already, with two more ready for toes. I found it easier to gear up with LFR than previous expansions where I playd the waiting game for new 5 mans.
    This is true right now but it wasn't at the beginning. in the beginning you had to do the rep grind again to get to 460 so you can lfr and run normal msv. if you did it with a guild that was willing to continue running msv and gear you out that's fine. But a lot of people are saying that wasn't an option so it became a god awful cluster fuck with golden lotus daily gating for alts. it was quite frankly just time extention by blizzard.

Now of course you have multiple options and yes it's very easy to get somebody to 510 even within a week but it's late now and many have already left or don't want to do it again.

What blizzard doesn't ever learn is we simply want no more gates at the beginning, allow us to craft, run stuff and gear up but make some of the content more challenging. accessible at first but not faceroll easy and not too short and boring but longer and difficult.

Deleted
    I must agree with it being unfriendly to alts.

I've leveled all but 2 characters to 90 (two level 88's). One of each class.

I find it difficulty to gear characters up really. I enjoy doing dailies on them, I'm one of the few fans of mop dailies (which I hope they continue into the next expansion with and I really hope they don't listen to the complainers and remove them). But doing dungeons and raid finder I find really tedious for some reason. Really I think it's the queue times that get to me, and the lack of catch up dungeons is also a slight problem. It would be nice to have 3 dungeons next patch which made 5.0 rf's obsolete.

Other than that I regard MOP as the best expansion so far in terms of stuff to do. I believe the sub losses are due to other factors and not necessarily game play related. Such as an ageing player base, china mmo market starting up, lots of other mmo's coming onto the market and players having to choose between them, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dero View Post
    You apparently haven't read or done most of the quests in the game because this story is the best of all.

I'm not gonna even post on anything else people just run through quests missing the story i don't even see a point in questing since no one reads!
    nope you are wrong there. i did read through, i've leveled 5 toons to 90 and it's totally out of place in the wow universe. tbc and wotlk were easily accessible due to wc3, cataclysm due to wc2. mop is a complete shoe horn in effort which has failed

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason i quit wow in MoP is because the theme of the expansion didn't encourage me to play. I mean, I think the concept of it is cool in thought, but to play, its really boring imo.

My opinion on every expansion:
    In TBC we got to see this all-new outland world with an alien theme, which I thought was really cool
    In Wrath we got to follow one of the best lore-wise stories, with a northern theme.
    In Cata, they revamped the WHOLE Azeroth, which made it alt friendly, plus opened zones that people were longing to see for a long time.
    In MoP we got.. grassy lands, and pandas. The zones were pretty boring since they had pretty much the same theme to them all, and the last zone was soooo grindy.
    I really didn't do much of the 90 content cause I felt too bored of the theme.
    In the reveal trailer of MoP when they announced all the new features such as pet battles, pve scenarios and such, I didn't really feel it either.

Ofcourse there are pro's and cons in every expansion, and maybe I should've given MoP some more time, but the first impression does matter quite a lot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Over-tuned 10 mans and the downstream effects they have.
    I get the idea of the first 1-2 bosses of a raid should be a gear check, but its kinda flawed. Especially for the raids that ship with an expansion. The first few bosses should be flame Leviathan easy, to get people hooked into the raids. Save the gear/skill checks for later bosses. Save the dozen mechanic fights for the last boss.

Based on my experience, frustration with the end game drove people away. Whats the point of tedious rep and valor point grinds, for a marginal improvement in beating a boss with with so many wipe mechanics. That ShadoPan exlated cooking pan isnt going to help if someone is standing in the wrong spot.

My friends and I may not be the best raiders, but we're not dumb. The opportunity costs of entering and progressing through 10 mans is just too low.
    there's some truth to this but players have to try to get better. some guilds i know of broke up because the gm couldn't master attenuation and wouldn't sit for that fight. he wouldn't listen either. others got stuck on elegon because dummies couldn't set or reset their stacks or find a way to down 4 orbs each time.

that's not blizzard's fault, it bad players that make that happen. Horridon wasn't that hard before nerf imo. people just didn't focus properly.

What is blizzard's fault is that it's so easy to get gear and complete all content on brain dead mode why should you complete it on normal or hard mode. why put in effort or be told what to do by others when you don't have to go through that and get geared. so the playerbase is just dumbed down and weaker now. fat and content.

that is blizzard's fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diamount View Post
    What's the problem? They're an avenue to make gold. One of many.
    I'd agree with that.. if it wasn't for the fact that what you need gold for in wow is now astronomical compared to the gold you get from dailies.
    Armor repairs, gems and enchants, the cost of mounts from factions you spent weeks grinding just to have to pay loads.. and lets not forget the vast amount of money needed to buy certain mats to make other items.
    I have no complaint about there huge price tags.. only that the daily quests don't reflect how much gold you need to buy them in comparison. I have never brought anything huge by a process of doing dailies, the gold it gives doesn't even give 1% most of the time for the gold you need, I sell mats and rare pets, which works far better.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Dero View Post

Some people don't care about the storyline, and they honestly just wanna play this game just to see large numbers pop up on their screen rather than being concerned about their lore surroundings (i am one of them).

Deleted
    I'm really baffled by people saying this expansion is alt-unfriendly. What the hell are you doing? It takes no time at all to gear up. Armory links in sig for those who want to check out. My guild doesn't do alt runs, which is a shame, so I have had to resort to pugging.