Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    in my mind, it's legendary simply because of the all the freaking work and quests we had to do prior just to freaking get to that point, that's all...who cares how many have it...those legendary quests are annoying -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    The way i see it is that its your adventure and at the end of this epic adventure you get an legendary cloak from those guardian animal things (dont know their actual species). It just so happens its a mmorpg and that multiple people are on the same adventure for the same goal/reward. I dont see anything wrong with that plus its like any other rpg out there but you know its more tedious to get

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the model of the "work the entire expansion to get the legendary" kind of thing, but I fear that once they release and people begin to get their capes on live, it will be something like "LFM SoO, MUST have legendary / achieve"

My point is, yeah I like the idea that more people will have access to the legendary, however, it is highly likely that it will become required to have one to get into groups for even normal raids because there will be so many people with them, someone who is either trying to gear a new toon for raiding or who has bad luck with drops (like me) and will get the cape some time after the majority does, will have trouble actually getting anywhere when the legendaries are pretty much standard-issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osheri View Post
    Agree completely however, LFR "raiders" should not be able to have access to it. They can go afk in a LFR run every week and still manage to get the legendary.
    Have you done the two solo scenarios for that legendaries in LFR gear? No? Well, it ain't easy, and you certainly cannot AFK through those.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Aurakol View Post
    I like the model of the "work the entire expansion to get the legendary" kind of thing, but I fear that once they release and people begin to get their capes on live, it will be something like "LFM SoO, MUST have legendary / achieve"
    That's fine if it's only for normals. If it becomes the norm to ask for those in Flex then Flex has failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the amount of ridiculous rng, gating, grinding and general bullshit thrown behind getting the thing I sincerely doubt "everyone" will have it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Given the amount of ridiculous rng, gating, grinding and general bullshit thrown behind getting the thing I sincerely doubt "everyone" will have it.
    In particular, why should someone not planning to go beyond LFR get it? What exactly does it do for them? The item will be scaled down in instanced PvP, and the proc won't go off even in world PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    In particular, why should someone not planning to go beyond LFR get it? What exactly does it do for them? The item will be scaled down in instanced PvP, and the proc won't go off even in world PvP.
    Open a world boss. What else can they add for it? They don't want it to feel mandatory (and I agree with that) but at the same time they want some impetus to do the bloody thing. Actually I'm okay with it feeling mandatory if it wasn't such a pain in the ass and so god damn time consuming. I guess then it wouldn't feel "legendary".
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Getting gear 40 ilvls above LFR isn't a good enough incentive?

And if the people strictly doing LFR aren't raid-quality people, they won't get past Celestial Blessings before 5.4.
    Gear is not the issue with that quest. You are making it sound like its one huge DPS check or something that requires an excellent level of play.

If youve got a stun or a slow, a defensive cooldown and a self heal, the DPS one is a breeze. Once you work out that the adds need to go down and you need to kill as many images as you can whilst using a defensive cooldown, the challenge is over.

If the LFR people cant work that out, they DO NOT DESERVE a legendary. Hell, Id argue if you stricly do LFR you dont deserve it full stop no matter how good you think you are. The only achievement there is being able to wait in a queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    A legendary is orange colored.
    If it has an orange text, then it's legendary, regardless of how many players have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osheri View Post
    Ummm thats my point? Legendary items should only drop on normal and heroic with a lower drop rate for normals. People getting spoon fed = casuals get bored, hence the lower sub numbers.
    No, it's not. In fact, my point is that the collection part is so irrelevant that it shouldn't be used to determine who should be eligible and who shouldn't. It's just there to stretch things out. Removing it from LFR wouldn't improve anything, nor would it lead to "casuals" getting less bored, quite the opposite. It would make more people get bored faster, something Blizzard certainly wouldn't want.

Nobody is getting spoon fed as is, as you can't just afk through the actual challenges, you can't even take some friends to help with several of them.

Casual players often don't raid in the first place, so they wouldn't be affected all that much anyway.

The low difficulty in obtaining the new legendary seems to be a major concern.

But what about the endless time invested in the quests that lead up to the final reward ? I still know people that are on the sigil quests because of bad RNG.Grinding out so much of your spare time to do a repetitive task every week in a game should not be in vain,specially since it is a game that is made to be played for fun.Yet the fun aspect in getting the necessary items is gone after the 1st week you run it.

Skill should be rewarded ,and that's why you can get the items from LFR + Normal raid also ,both in same week.

But dedication and patience should be rewarded also,that's why you can get the legendary item from LFR as well

Deleted
    I agree with OP. Legendary item should be rare. If everyone in Camelot wielded Excalibur it wouldn't be so legendary, would it?
    After it's old content, go for it. More things to do in game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hope all future legendaries are obtained like this
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Everyone has legendary in diablo 3 yet its still legendary.

Point is, you don't get to define it.
    I pretty much agree with this. Nobody said getting legendaries in diablo 3 was easy, if you got one fast, you probably got lucky, if you got a few fast, quit hacking :3

Regardless, I believe legendaries are defined by the work you put in it. I think thats how blizzard defines them now, not the rarity.

If everyone of your rogues/warriors back in BT had dual glaives, would it then not be considered legendary even though it was good rng? Same thing here, as he said, you don't define it, blizzard does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Legendary refers to lore and power, not to rarity.

Edit: And this Legendary is a thousand times more legendary than the Glaives or Thori'dal since it was a crazy long journy, not some extra drop from a boss with no lore or context.
    Wait what ? Glaives had no lore ?
    They are litteraly one of the most iconic things in the Warcraft universe, and one of the things that always blew me away in game when I was a new player in BC.

Fuck this cloak bollocks. Explain what context that has, and what appeal the item creates ?

The cloak is legendary in color only in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really matter now anyway, right? All legendaries are pretty much solo-farmable and tons of people have them. What's the difference, really?

If you don't believe me, just wait until they make them moggable (if they do) - you'll be seeing so many of them your head will spin.

The equation hasn't really changed much beyond people that had super luck (i.e. who got Thoridal on their first KJ kill) they've always been long grinds that involve heavy amounts of luck.

They've not been my favorite legendaries in MoP, but I think the concept is interesting at least. No weapon per se, but little bits of legendary power to augment your abilities as you do the work of killing bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Legendary pertains to power, you wont find an epic of that content tier that outstrips it. It does not mean rarity.

Gonna call this a textbook case of "special snowflake syndrome". it doesn't matter that people like op get their legendary, only that others cant and know it.

Its all pixels and imaginary bollocks at the end of the day, deal with it and move on.
    That seems to be Blizzard's mentality too, and its led to them watching 4.3 million players 'move on'.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

How about this: make legendaries guild-only. Getting one requires a huge effort from the whole guild, raiding, various crafting, questing and whatnot. But here's the thing, the finished legendary (weapon) would not belong to a single character, it would be the property of the guild. One character at a time could borrow it for raids and stuff, but in the end the legendary would always be returned to the guild vault. Nobody could take it and run.

Deleted
    It took me almost a year to get, so I'd say it was legendary.