Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

So that's why UH is so much better than frost...

Apparently with this new thing that display RPPM on the item now on PTR it's clear that Rune Regen affects RPPM so UH gets 20% more than frost by default AND whenever RC proc is up it doubles the RPPM of the trinkets since it increases rune regen by 100%.

I was shocked when i saw this

Feather PPM for frost with BT = 0.72PPM
    Feather PPM for UH with RC = 1.74PPM

Talisman of Rage PPM for frost with BT= 3.86PPM
    Talisman of Rage PPM for UH with RC = 9.30PPM

LOOOOOOOOOOL

And BTW this dk was reforged and gemmed for mastery so the PPM difference is even larger when you put the normal UH reforges.
    Last edited by Khain; 2013-07-27 at 09:50 PM.

My dear lord if this has actually been the case for the entirety of RPPM's existence... Been playing with BT since the release of 5.2.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Unholy with BT?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Currently investigating on it with logs. This actually makes a lot of sense although that seems too simple to be true.

For reference, the RPPM tooltips on PTR are also affected by Improved Blood Presence (as blood spec) and UHP.

This could also just be a tooltip bug (RPPM tooltip using the wrong value of haste instead of the one used in the real calculation) or just a PTR bug, since afterall weird things happen on PTR (right now, our current 2pc spawns two trolls instead of 1 for whatever reason.). But I'm inclined to believe this might be completely accurate.
    Improved BP/UH provdes 20% rune regeneration, RC provides 100% rune regeneration. Isn't rune regeneration affecting RPPM not just RC itself?

Just by the feeling i have with the RPPM trinkets playing frost, blood and UH i can tell this is probably accurate on live, I can remember how hard was to proc talisman of rage as frost compared to UH.

Also saw it and it pretty much makes sense, always wondered why the trinkets proc that rarely for frost compared to unholy and blood and especially why my dummy tests always ended up visibly higher in favor of runic corruption when i was playing around with rc vs bt.

It also explains why most of the time my trinket procc uptime is higher than simcraft estimates.

The only thing i'm wondering is if it is intended, because it would be a considerable nerf if would get fixed in case of a bug (although its the case kinda long for a simple bug like that).
    Also would be interested about the math with rppm trinkets and 2h frost with unholy presence, the gap gets closer with more haste anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Athdeux View Post
    Improved BP/UH provdes 20% rune regeneration, RC provides 100% rune regeneration. Isn't rune regeneration affecting RPPM not just RC itself?
    Game mechanics-wise the only way to manipulate rune regen is through haste. And since RC increases rune regen it subsequently is 'haste', albeit a modified version of it that doesn't affect anything else. It seems somehow RC's 'runehaste' has mistakenly been left in the rPPM calculation.
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Game mechanics-wise the only way to manipulate rune regen is through haste. And since RC increases rune regen it subsequently is 'haste', albeit a modified version of it that doesn't affect anything else. It seems somehow RC's 'runehaste' has mistakenly been left in the rPPM calculation.
    Improved presences for UP/BP are also increasing the RPPM trinket on PTR as well. So presences "Rune haste" could also potentially been mistakenly left in the rPPM calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Athdeux View Post
    Improved presences for UP/BP are also increasing the RPPM trinket on PTR as well. So presences "Rune haste" could also potentially been mistakenly left in the rPPM calculations.
    They're the same thing which means they both affect rPPM proc rates.
    WCL

Oh.
    My.
    God.
    This changes everything.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Oh yeah, that's for sure lulz.

In any case Khain, I thank you most sincerely for bringing this to our attention.
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    Explains the 3-4 feather procs in a row tbh.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

In any case Khain, I thank you most sincerely for bringing this to our attention.
    You're welcome.

Well. Shit.

I guess we can look forward to a nerf over this now. :/
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Well. Shit.

I guess we can look forward to a nerf over this now. :/
    I'd expect them to base it off of "haste" if/when the change occurs.

Not like its game breaking... dks need bugs for more dps imo
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Not like its game breaking... dks need bugs for more dps imo
    You have no idea how mad a Blood Tap user like myself finding this out is...
    WCL

Yeah its a bit problematic with runic corruption and unfair for frost with unholy presence.

But if it gets fixed, unholy players can basically go into the frost camp and wait for a better tomorrow, cookies anyone?

Also if this isn't included in blizz calculations but is currently like that on live servers, then i don't want to know how weak blizz wants us to be.
    I highly doubt that this is a ptr only bug, as my dmg didn't changed compared to live servers when testing stuff and comparing new trinkets to old ones on dummies.
    i am asking myself also why they didn't found this in 5.2 they had their eyes on unholy and even nerfed us, overly high trinket uptimes should have been visible by then as festerblight only works with those rppm trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have no idea how mad a Blood Tap user like myself finding this out is...
    I told you RC was good!
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.