Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They really need to put the information out. It's going to change a lot of things for people and guilds. How are people suppose to make any plans with them not putting out any details?

They can at the very least put out the realms that are going to be merged with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Virtual realms have been in testing on the ptr since day 1. Thats what caused the few days of instability and phasing in and out npcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Explain to me how virtual realms is a bad thing. While you are at it explain how xrealm zones are even a bad thing. You are mad because you cant abuse low pop servers anymore. Get over it.
    Excuse me. Don't put words in my mouth. I did not say that I disliked it or it was a bad thing. I did say that it would be forced down people's throats and most likely with the same heavy handed tactics on the forums that the Mods of Blizzard use. Whether they like it or no, the players will be forced to swallow it up (bugs, gamebreaking errors and all) like the good little consumer whores we are expected to be. So get over yourself.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2013-07-28 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havn't they been working fine? that might be why we haven't heard anything of them in a while.

And people whining about them in this thread... shut up. If you don't like people in a Massive MULTIPLAYER online role play game then go back to your single player rpgs. The more people around in an MMO the better.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-07-28 at 03:30 AM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    They really need to put the information out. It's going to change a lot of things for people and guilds. How are people suppose to make any plans with them not putting out any details?

They can at the very least put out the realms that are going to be merged with this.
    Exactly one of many good reasons why I am worried. Take flex raid for example. It came out with a whole blog full of information. Usually with most features that they have set in stone they release as much information on it as possible as quickly as possible. With virtual realms, its been pretty slow going. We've only gotten a Very general idea of what its to do and how its going to effect Some parts of the game. That is why I am worried it may not be a feature that is set in stone. They already have the flex raid system to work with. I wouldn't be surprised if virtual realms And flex raids would be too much to expect at the same time. After all, if they don't release a lot of information it doesn't seem like a promise. More like a goal the can back out of. A practice they have done many a times in the past with things they are sure about. It's why they won't tell a release date for anything until the last second.

Deleted
    It's a deal breaker for me. Server restrictions have always pissed me off.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virtual realms and CRZ will co-exist and compliment eachother. Once is designed to help low population realms economy and playerbase, while crz is meant to help low populated zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Virtual realms and CRZ will co-exist and compliment eachother. Once is designed to help low population realms economy and playerbase, while crz is meant to help low populated zones.
    Except that virtual realms, if done right, would help Both not just one. More people on a realm in general means more people out in the world as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    CRZ will likely remain - the purpose of CRZ is to increase density in old world zones.

The purpose of virtual realms is combine multiple low/medium population realms to form higher population realms. Virtual realms will not significantly increase activity in old world content by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Except that virtual realms, if done right, would help Both not just one. More people on a realm in general means more people out in the world as well.
    Not a significant amount. If there is 1 person in Sholazar Basin, grouping together three realms as a virtual realm would just mean 3 people in Sholazar Basin, which would still warrant CRZ.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-07-28 at 03:38 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

As far as I can tell, virtual realms would be untestable on the PTR because all of those realms are already housed on one server in one location. It's a different matter entirely when you have realms housed in different server towers, in different data centers, at different locations in the US.

Also, CRZ was a system designed to gather data on realm pops so they could figure out how to best go about merging servers permanently. I doubt it will still be used if VR goes live.

What else is there to say?
    There is a lot to say about it. For instance, does this mean we will be able to move gold/items between our characters on different servers? If so, will it be restricted only to the servers within a specific virtual realm? If it isn't restricted to that virtual realm, will we be able to send gold/items to characters on realms that aren't in that virtual realm?

Depending on the answer to those questions, that opens up new questions on which realms specifically will be merged together, and how they go about deciding which realms.

For people who only play on one realm, this information isn't that important. But for those of us who have characters spread out on numerous realms or want to make characters on a new realm, this is vital information. Virtual realms COULD be the answer to being able to have one main character for all your characters spread across servers instead of having a main on each server you have toons on.

It could be the answer to being able to share your items/gold without a server transfer.

But we need information.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're taking their time with it, since the patch is still on the ptr. With that being said, I would like to see a blog post written closer to the date of the patch. That way they aren't monkey around earlier on, or changing information here and there, only to get our hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by reesi - View Post
    I think they're taking their time with it, since the patch is still on the ptr. With that being said, I would like to see a blog post written closer to the date of the patch. That way they aren't monkey around earlier on, or changing information here and there, only to get our hopes up.
    They are pretty good at ensuring that when they Do release information on something, it won't change all to much.

My sub runs out on August 15 and I will not be renewing. The reason for this is because I am tired of playing on a dead realm.

VR is suppose to help with that but with the information out it's hard to tell if it will or not. If they do a vr between two dead realms, then you got two dead realms. Who know's if that's helpful or not. What's going to happen to faction balance? Could you end up being on a dead alliance realm merged with Illidan? Who knows?

It's been a while they have had time, it's time for details so people can start to make plans and work on getting things ready for the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes you can trade. Mailing is an interesting question because we're not sure how duplicate names are to be dealt with.
    CRZ will still be in effect, it's designed to help populate underpopulated zones. Doesn't matter how many people are on your realm.
    Number of realms for the grouping will depend on populations of said realms.
    PVE and PVP will remain independent.
    Horde and Alliance ratios will be looked at and, if at all possible, balanced. These last two will go into deciding which realms get grouped with which.

If you want to know about upcoming features the best way to find out is to head over to the PTR. You'll usually be able to answer all of these things for yourself, at least to a degree, if you get on there and play around.
    I think people with the same names will have a number next to their name or it will still be separate realms just joined together meaning people will still have names like Ipwnnoobs-Illidan for example.

- - - Updated - - -

My sub runs out on August 15 and I will not be renewing. The reason for this is because I am tired of playing on a dead realm.

VR is suppose to help with that but with the information out it's hard to tell if it will or not. If they do a vr between two dead realms, then you got two dead realms. Who know's if that's helpful or not. What's going to happen to faction balance? Could you end up being on a dead alliance realm merged with Illidan? Who knows?

It's been a while they have had time, it's time for details so people can start to make plans and work on getting things ready for the change.
    I guess you'll need to keep an eye out for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it has been that long since it was last talked about by Blizz. And at the time it was announced they told us a nice amount of information about it. Maybe there isn't anything else to tell right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You are mad because you cant abuse low pop servers anymore. Get over it.
    Abuse yeah right. Not the slightest bit ridiculous.
    Anyways I hope they stay on schedule and don't delay the patch for that.
    Don't know while they could do that even I doubt that they would be retarded enough to put even more population on already full servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I don't think it has been that long since it was last talked about by Blizz. And at the time it was announced they told us a nice amount of information about it. Maybe there isn't anything else to tell right now?
    What they gave was a summary. We get the general idea but we don't have the full picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorhn View Post
    Excuse me. Don't put words in my mouth. I did not say that I disliked it or it was a bad thing. I did say that it would be forced down people's throats and most likely with the same heavy handed tactics on the forums that the Mods of Blizzard use. Whether they like it or no, the players will be forced to swallow it up (bugs, gamebreaking errors and all) like the good little consumer whores we are expected to be. So get over yourself.
    If you feel that it isn being forced down your throat and you have to be the good little consumer whore, then its quite obvious you dont like it. You still never answered my questions about whats wrong with crz and or virtual realms. If you feel so passionate about it not being shoved down your throat you can at least say why you dont want it.

its the woed giong on thises dayes

I'm really curious to hear about how the VR guilds will work. It would be really cool to have my off-server alts all in one guild. My hope is that it'll extend to realID friends the way CRZ does currently, but maybe that's just wishful thinking
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    No news on one feature during a PTR for three weeks? Cancellation confirmed!

Don't be so ridiculous. If they'd given up on it they'd have said. No news is good news and all that.