Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Not really. I sub when I feel that content is relevant for me and this just sounds like a downgrade from what the game is at the moment.

I'd resub if they made a vanilla/tbc server.

I already quit and I'm never coming back. Wildstar is getting my sub money soon.

Deleted
    The one change I could live with would be the "Less CC" one. The rest are just bad for the game as things currently stand, imo.

Also, I really hope Blizzard never brings back the old talent trees. My already fragile skull would not be able to withstand such a massive facepalm.

Deleted
    I don't get why people cant quit wow for a while just to teach blizzard a lesson...is it that hard?
    The lesson that is not the casual players that matters but the community of old players that's shapes the game. We are the ones that bring lives to the social experience. The game lost interaction and challenge not for the greater good, but to make the game more appealing to the "casual player" and to blizzards pockets.
    Bring the world roaming and not LFG queues in main cities. Bring the old rivalry between Horde x Alliance random encounters in open world. I never see the opposing faction in the game almost, apart from battlegrounds. I barely know there actually is a faction that I am supposed to fear while i'm questing or walking around. There is no more interaction in the world. It is now a dead instanced/queue/LFG programed world without the old thrills of Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

I left WoW after Cataclysm and still cant go back...and believe me I want to. But the things I end up missing the most are not there anymore. And that makes me sad.
    I just remember it was thrilling doing content only a group of people could do and actually knowing and feeling the reward of rare flashy items to show off. Now even Arena sets are accessible to everyone, its just a matter of time to get them. You don't even depend on your rating and skill....nah, just a matter of time before another casual gets the flashy items only a group of people with certain skill level was supposed to get. You see....that's just not rewarding enough...if everyone can get everything and its just a matter of time...there is no thrill in it.

peace out and lets hope for better decisions on blizzard part...until then not playing :C

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    ALL of these changes would make me NEVER come back (aside from unlocking the lockouts. And I don't care for pvp, so whatever works, for those.)

I quit because of the cash shop. The only thing that would make me come back is if they got rid of the shop or got rid of the sub (one or the other is fine, not both.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    LFR is the single worst thing that has ever happened to this game, removes all epicness from content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? What could this possibly serve to do other than increase travel time?

- Removal of LFR
    Why? Having less to do is good?

Not sure the point of this either. Just shits all over leveling players.

How would they fix the imbalances? Force people from one faction to switch or leave servers?

Yeah I guess, except I'd be sad that I couldnt solo content in many areas anymore.

- Less CC
    That would be nice.

- Old Talents
    Not sure what purpose this serves. I'm gunna pick the exact same ones I have now and ignore the useless fillers
    just like I always have.

- Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    Sure why not.

Sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvies View Post
    LFR is the single worst thing that has ever happened to this game, removes all epicness from content.
    That's only a problem for guilds that are too bad to clear raid instances before the LFR-part of that instance becomes available.
    Good enough guilds will still see raid bosses first in the real raid and get their epic feeling.

If your guild is too bad to achieve that, you simply don't deserve that part of Wow and LFR is specifically designed for you

A total overhaul is what must take place. But not just that, a way to attract new players. Obviously people aren't going to play the same game for 15yrs just like they're not going to buy the same make/model/year car every 4 years.

1: Revamped graphics.

2: Don't use the same icons for items or spells

3: For every expansion that includes leveling, revamp all heroic dungeons to that level which would only be available after killing final boss of that expansion/patch. There is so much content that just simply isn't being used.

4: Have a new guy servers that people level their character on without heirlooms so they're not intimidated by veterans and their tweaked characters. I'm not sure why veterans would want to go to a new guy server so it would make sense. Plus make it much harder to level past certain levels so people will get used to their abilities before they acquire a new one on noob servers.

5: The cc in pvp has became exceptionally frustrating. It would be nice if there was a way to counter many of the cc's more often. It's one thing to be stun locked and by the time you break each one you're at half health and its another to be dead with 4 seconds left on it.

6: Make leveling longer. Let people get used to their abilities or force them to use their abilities in quests before they can go on to the next level or better yet, before they can acquire that ability. That would be a good excuse to bring back trainers.

7: PVP should have more of a social experience where you could give a thumbs up to the people who were with you in that bg. And then be able to partner up with some of those thumbs up members the next time you bg across all servers. Sounds complex but would be fun to see and partner up with some of the guys I didn't have a chance to link up with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    That's only a problem for guilds that are too bad to clear raid instances before the LFR-part of that instance becomes available.
    Good enough guilds will still see raid bosses first in the real raid and get their epic feeling.

If your guild is too bad to achieve that, you simply don't deserve that part of Wow and LFR is specifically designed for you
    That's the purpose it theoretically serves, but when the tuning is so ridiculously easy that you can fuck up and basically not even understand what you were supposed to do and still get loot for it, you lose the appropriate ambition it would take to accomplish harder content cause you get rewarded for sucking... Not even bad or new players like LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvies View Post
    That's the purpose it theoretically serves, but when the tuning is so ridiculously easy that you can fuck up and basically not even understand what you were supposed to do and still get loot for it, you lose the appropriate ambition it would take to accomplish harder content cause you get rewarded for sucking... Not even bad or new players like LFR.
    I don't think your speculations are correct. A huge majority of wow players like LFR and see it as an essential part of the game nowadays.
    LFR haters are actually a very small but loud minority.

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    the only things I like is
    - old talents
    - removal of shared lockouts
    - removal of (in general) currency caps

I think pvp in general needs a complete overhaul. The abilities, or at least how they operate, need to be different across the board from pve, and one should never affect the other. But that is a complete different subject.

To get me back, they'd have to return the specs I enjoyed to the way they played and felt when I enjoyed them the most. They'd need to make alts enjoyable again, because breaking from your main gives variety, and without that, you can get bored/burnt out. The general aspect needs to be less grindy; long grind for this legendary stuff is acceptable, but the reps tied to dailies at the start was bad. The nerfing of scenario drop rates and ilvl shouldn't have happened because that took away choice of path to gearing up (now your best bet is to purchase gear, not earn it on a fresh 90; that is a mistake imo).

There is a lot that would need to change to get my wife and I subbed again. It won't happen and we are fine with that. We are happy for all who still play and enjoy it.

Sick of the 'remove flying mount' crap though ... you choose to use your flying mount. You can choose to go on the ground everywhere, without forcing everyone else to. You choose to do LFR. You don't have to do it, and there are people who enjoy it and should not be raiding outside of LFR because they just aren't skilled enough. LFD is great, because it allows more people to see those instances that tie into the world and lore ... if anything, the amount of xp required to level 1-60 should be increased so people spend more time in the old world, not outlevelng questing zones and skipping tons of lore and seeing the world. I don't like CRZ, but now that we are in the middle of an xpac, the zones aren't as crowded as they were when it was implemented and you can farm low level mats again, and usually not have to wait in line to kill quest/collect mobs. Item squish is irrelevant; numbers are numbers, whether you do 100/1000/1000000. It is all balanced the same. If you don't like the big numbers, just use % on the boss and turn off the damage/healing splash text; and quit watching meters. Logging your fights and analyzing logs means a hell of a lot more than the meters.

Basically, get over it. Adapt or move on. Be happy for who stays, and be happy for yourself from stopping something you no longer like.

For the old time players I think WoW is too screwed up to fix. It has deteriorated beyond repair with LFG and LFR. The social side of the game is gone in many aspects. You used to have to interact with other players to see content and being in a guild meant something. You had to make commitments to your guild to see the end game content and now you just sit in a que and follow the group through to see the end. I do understand some people like these changes but dropping far below 8 mil subs from at or over 12 mil in it's peak kinda speaks for itself.

Hm... I'd return only if the lore got seriously better. Like WCIII quality. I really liked that

Right now, the lore is worse than "meh".

At least Alliance-side.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a other of this If we go back to Wrath, Cata, BC threads.....

if those changes were put in, id quit instantly.

NO - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    YES - Removal of LFR
    Scenarios are ok but LFD only with players from that same realm and friends from other realms - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    YES - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    NO - Item squish to WotLK level
    hard to say, lets say 2 hard cc (stun, fear etc) and 1 or 2 lesser cc (like slow, root etc) - Less CC
    YES^2 - Old Talents
    sry but I don't care about it :P - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    YES - Removal of shared raid lockouts

YES - better items for 25raid

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    What was fun about old talents? Give me several examples of viable build for retri paladin http://www.gamestool.net/tc_red/wow335/paladint.php
    Wow. Looking at that old talent calculator made me nostalgic. I really preferred that to what we have now, which is just basically point and click for: (1) single-target; (2) AoE; (3) PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Hm... I'd return only if the lore got seriously better. Like WCIII quality. I really liked that

Right now, the lore is worse than "meh".

At least Alliance-side.
    WCIII lore just copied starcraft lore. Arthas is Kerrigan.

Actually really like this, so I don't like this change.
    - Removal of LFR
    I dont' have time to raid on a consistant basis, so whenever I do happen to sub this does help me gear up a bit, so again I don't like this change.
    LFD is my favorite way to level up my alts, so definately don't like this change.
    If they could manage to pull off the faction imbalance, I'd be all for this idea.
    Hate item squishes with a passion as I love to solo with my DK and his blood spec, so no.
    - Less CC
    Eh, could be for this or against this depending on how it overall affects pvp, so no opinion on it.
    - Old Talents
    Depends on if you mean old talents, or the old talent system. Old talents, again could be for or against it. Old talent system where you could put whatever points into whatever tree without having to fill one out before going into another, I'd be all for that. Loved it when I started in BC and I hated when I was gone.
    Don't arena enough to really make an opinion on this, but I think things are better now than they were before, but again no opinion.
    YES. I LOVED being able to do an alt 10m ICC with my guild on one night, then gathering up a lot of people from the guild and possibly trade chat for 25m ICC way back when in late Wrath. Nowadays, if we wanted to do that we'd have to pick on or the other. Also loved different loot for the different modes too, not just upped stats. Totally dug having the different item skins from the different modes. Please change this back Blizz.

All in all, most of these changes would keep me unsubscribed almost indefinitely, as the cons vastly outweigh the pros.