Ret PVP Question

So I've been playing my mage for a while, and got tired of casting. So I'm getting back to my Ret Pally who is a max JC. For pvp, I'm trying to decide if I should stack the special strength or pvp power JC gems. You guys have any thoughts on which one is better?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix927 View Post
    So I've been playing my mage for a while, and got tired of casting. So I'm getting back to my Ret Pally who is a max JC. For pvp, I'm trying to decide if I should stack the special strength or pvp power JC gems. You guys have any thoughts on which one is better?
    Strength. PvP power isn't really worth gemming at all anymore, aside from mixed gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for "hijacking" the thread but I believe this is a Ret PVP Question and instead of creating a new thread figured I could borrow this one.

Last night a guildie was PvP'ing with his mage. He reported that TWICE (with 2 different paladins) he Deep Froze them but they casted Hand of Freedom and got rid of the stun. Afterwards I dueled him to try such thing to notice that my Hand of Freedom did NOT remove it.

Anybody might know why/how this happened?

He reported wrongly.

HoF has not removed stuns since WotLK talent tree. You CAN still cast HoF WHILE stunned, but it doesn't break the stun; maybe he thought that was why the stun broke, since he saw the HoF?

Or, they may have trinketed/been cleansed, Bubbled, or been HoSac'd out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    He reported wrongly.

HoF has not removed stuns since WotLK talent tree. You CAN still cast HoF WHILE stunned, but it doesn't break the stun; maybe he thought that was why the stun broke, since he saw the HoF?

Or, they may have trinketed/been cleansed, Bubbled, or been HoSac'd out.
    I do remember when HoF removed stuns. But according to him, nobody else was around and the only thing he noticed was HoF rolling. Maybe the animation for the trinket was blocked by HoF?

Possible, I've often hit HoF in a stun out of reflex, but Trinket shows the animation above the head, while HoF is around the feet.

Either way, HoF didn't break it
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    HoF is shinier and prettier than the trinket. You'd rather see a gigantic swirling red circle thingy than a "star" above your character's head.

Anyways, my question has been answered.

Those 2 pallies were either together and both ret and one or the other used hand of sacrifice to remove the buff. Or these pallies had a healer near by whom dispelled the debuff. Just tell him he was mistaken and didn't notice the other pallies reinforcements.