Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

If Turalyon and Alleria come back, what will become of them?

I'm a Hordie at Heart, but I've always thought Turalyon and Alleria were awesome characters in the warcraft Universe and it's such a shame we haven't heard from them for all this time.

My question really is quite simple, so let's assume (just for this thread), that the next expansion is Burning Legion themed, that the Legion are once again a direct threat to Azeroth, and we once again see the Horde and Alliance working towards the common goal of defeating them. Somewhere in this mess, Alleria and Turalyon are found/make themselves known, and they join our war effort.

But what happens after that? what becomes of these characters? There's a few questions that stick out to me.

How old will Turalyon be now? Will he be too old to take part in any military conquest of the Legion/other enemies after?

What about Alleria? Where does her allegiance now lie? many of her people now reside in the horde with the Belves, with a smaller minority still in the Alliance, also, will she try to save her sister Sylvanas? or will she abandon her after finding out what she has become?

If Turalyon is not too old to maintain an important role within the Alliance, what will his role be? Will he take over the reins from Varian, being more experienced in fighting the Legion, or will he be under the High King's command?

Or worse still, would they become neutral?

I'm interested to hear what MMO-C thinks will happen when/if they return.

Deleted
    Well, I bet they're going to be neutral heroes. If not, the Horde would need to have some sort of equivalent, but all their old heroes are dead so we'd just get a mindless nobody. Yeah, I bet they're going to be neutral.

They did it with Tirion and Khadgar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, I bet they're going to be neutral heroes. If not, the Horde would need to have some sort of equivalent, but all their old heroes are dead so we'd just get a mindless nobody. Yeah, I bet they're going to be neutral.

They did it with Tirion and Khadgar as well.
    This is the worst fucking thing ever if it happens. First it's Malfurion. Then Anduin just doesn't give a shit. Jaina can't make up her fucking mind. How much more?

They'll inevitably become neutral and chill in a neutral central city tossing out quests and being figures we interact with from time to time.

It's a fate worse than death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    They'll inevitably become neutral and chill in a neutral central city tossing out quests and being figures we interact with from time to time.

It's a fate worse than death.
    Man I hope not, I'd actually prefer to go through a portal to find their corpses than for that to happen.

Im sure being stuck where ever he was, fighting whatever the hell he was fighting kept him in fairly good shape.

Im sure, he'll be fine. Hell, he'll probably get a pretty hefty command if he comes back in a BL-themed expansion. Considering, he would know how best to fight them since hes been doing it for how ever long

Although I would *LOVE* for Turalyon to stay Alliance, my vote would be him and her being neutral. As they would be know how to fight the Legion. They would be able to get both groups co-operating enough to actually form a proper defense/attack.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2013-07-30 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This is the worst fucking thing ever if it happens. First it's Malfurion. Then Anduin just doesn't give a shit. Jaina can't make up her fucking mind. How much more?
    Worse that the Alliance got all the God Complex heroes at the start and in order to make a story for the Horde your heroes have to throw horde a bone? All we have gotten is Thrall and a Bucketcase (Garrosh).

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Worse that the Alliance got all the God Complex heroes at the start and in order to make a story for the Horde your heroes have to throw horde a bone? All we have gotten is Thrall and a Bucketcase (Garrosh).
    You mean God and fucking Lucifer... Yeah.

Well we know nothing about where they've been, we're just going to have to wait and see.

Beyond the Dark Portal was 7 years after the first war, as of MoP we're currently at 29 years. So they're 26 years older. How old was Turalyon at the time? From the art he looks say, early 30s. Which would make him 56+ now. Of course Alleria will still look like a horny college girl. Lucky Turalyon!

Malfurion is still a Night Elf racial leader, and is only "neutral" in the sense of having responsibilities as a leader of the Cenarion Circle.

This is silly anyway, Malfurion hadn't been seen since Warcraft III, when the Night Elves weren't even members of the Alliance. The heavy factionalism in WoW only started in Vanilla, where the structure of the MMO forced 4-6+ factions into just two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I would like to see this

Horde-Rexxar and Rokhan

Neutral-Illidan

Alliance-Alleria and Tuyralon

Followed by other characters from respective factions.

Alliance-Alleria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Malfurion is still a Night Elf racial leader, and is only "neutral" in the sense of having responsibilities as a leader of the Cenarion Circle.

This is silly anyway, Malfurion hadn't been seen since Warcraft III, when the Night Elves weren't even members of the Alliance. The heavy factionalism in WoW only started in Vanilla, where the structure of the MMO forced 4-6+ factions into just two.
    He also always neutral. I never got why it upsets people. Literally the first thing he does when he sees orcs and humans is say they should work with them. Tyrande is the hot headed one. Malfurion has bigger responsibilities than petty rivalry especially now that the druids are in charge of the green dragon flight's job.

As for Turalyon... I don't know. How can they cram yet another super white knight into the Alliance. It's likely why they haven't brought him back. There are already several other versions of essentially the same character.
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-07-30 at 01:32 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

i think they should be alliance only heroes considering they fought the horde, the horde killed Lothar and they have no clue whats happening on azeroth because they're trapped on Argus.

ps: im a horde player

Deleted
    I totally get it why Alliance players are upset, but you have to realize the cause of this. The Horde doesn't have many notable figures left, and now they're taking away Nazgrim and Garrosh as well. If the Alliance wants to keep their heroes, they should be happy the Horde still has Saurfang. But in other threads people are wondering if it would be a nice twist if he gets killed by Garrosh. Yeah... now you understand why Alliance heroes go neutral so much.

You can't have it both ways. But if the Horde got some kickass heroes the Alliance would cry bias.

They better not go neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well we know nothing about where they've been, we're just going to have to wait and see.

Beyond the Dark Portal was 7 years after the first war, as of MoP we're currently at 29 years. So they're 26 years older. How old was Turalyon at the time? From the art he looks say, early 30s. Which would make him 56+ now. Of course Alleria will still look like a horny college girl. Lucky Turalyon!
    This pretty much, though I think he's a touch younger (he's hinted at being fairly young in the book), so I'm thinking more late 40s to early 50s. Wonder what kind of awkward reunion they'll have with their son after all these years...

If Tirion can still be active I don't see any reason why Turalyon can't be. It would be actually kinda cool if Tirion pass Ashbringer to him for the battle to come. Also Varian is king of Stormwind and leader of the alliance. Turalyon showing up does change that. While Turalyon might assume command of the alliance forces heading to fight legion he would just be a commander similar to Garrosh leading the horde forces in icecrown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPorc View Post
    i think they should be alliance only heroes considering they fought the horde, the horde killed Lothar and they have no clue whats happening on azeroth because they're trapped on Argus.

ps: im a horde player
    Well, Khadgar didn't seem to mind at all. Which is kinda weird, but he's a damn powerful mage that has bigger things to worry about than Horde/Alliance war.

Anyway, I do believe Turalyon and Alleria should go to the Alliance. But just give the Horde someone equally as awesome, which I simply don't see happening. Last time I got my wish (Garrosh) he got taken away again. It's simply a problem that so many Alliance heroes survived Warcraft 2 while the Horde lost all theirs. And the way Blizzard fixes it (making Alliance heroes neutral) just doesn't appeal to both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, Khadgar didn't seem to mind at all. Which is kinda weird, but he's a damn powerful mage that has bigger things to worry about than Horde/Alliance war.

Anyway, I do believe Turalyon and Alleria should go to the Alliance. But just give the Horde someone equally as awesome, which I simply don't see happening. Last time I got my wish (Garrosh) he got taken away again. It's simply a problem that so many Alliance heroes survived Warcraft 2 while the Horde lost all theirs. And the way Blizzard fixes it (making Alliance heroes neutral) just doesn't appeal to both factions.
    Rexxar returning to the Horde to lead the charge against the Burning Legion. Boom.

Also give Turalyon and Alleria to alliance and give Brox to the horde. We know that the legion can give life to the dead, Xavius was disintergrated then brought back, Nez was brought back as the Lich King. They could have it that Brox was raised up to be tortured for 10k years until Turalyon/Alleria rescued him.... Well maybe not Alleria, as she would probably prefer to help torturing an Orc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Turalyon really young when he had to take command? My War I and II lore is kinda hazy, but I thing he is supposed to be in his 40's now.

I think Alleria is really a wild card here. She loathes the orcs; loathes, loathes, loathes them, so she should be hardcore alliance. But her vengeance was for Quel'thalas and her family, she did it all for them, so she just can't throw that away.

But if Vereesa could side with the alliance, so can Alleria: indeed, they are the two Windrunner sisters that worked closer with the humans and the alliance as a whole. Most elves dead during the third war go horde, because they loyalties always lied with Quel'thalas and the humans were allies of convenience during the troll wars and of debt afterwards. So for the elves that never worked with humans or the alliance firsthand (i.e. most of Quel'thalas) it was always going to be their homeland.

So I think Alleria should be Alliance, but I won't flip any tables if she comes neutral (she has much more reasons for it instead of Malfurion "hush Tyrande" Stormrage); But if she is indeed Alliance, I do expect some major angst about the fate of the blood elves.

Can we just have a patch named "Windrunner" on the next expansion?? It would be glorious having an all out faction war lead by the Windrunners.