Page 1 of 71
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow Word: Revolution!

So haven't had chance to test in PTR.

Hows shadow doing there? I'm little bored with healing and would like to try dps when the patch goes live.

For what I remember there haven't been any mindbreaking buffs but also no nerfs. I think they buffed couple talents to make them desirable. Is Insanity still the best? And does Siege offer uses for other Level 90 talents than Halo? Its a nice spell overall, but kinda boring to pick it almost every time for max dps

Sorry for lackluster english. Not my first language

Deleted
    Shadow is in its worst state ever. Do not play.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow died when they took away Mind Sooth.

mindsear is a very strong aoe spell for the aoe in soo. to make sure that this didn't give shadow a coherent, well-defined niche, they buffed seed of corruption a billionfold.

The shadowy apparitions are way faster, which might end up in dps increase in some cases, but if you are not used to play shadow i doubt you feel the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    The shadowy apparitions are way faster, which might end up in dps increase in some cases, but if you are not used to play shadow i doubt you feel the difference.
    They don't do enough damage to really do much of anything to our DPS.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    They don't do enough damage to really do much of anything to our DPS.
    That's an old argument, but people forget that Shadowy Apps cost nothing, mindless and is free damage. Any buff to them is a net-gain at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    That's an old argument, but people forget that Shadowy Apps cost nothing, mindless and is free damage. Any buff to them is a net-gain at this point.
    It's not an argument. Sure it's technically a DPS gain, but they simply don't do much damage and the change will do very little to our numbers.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    /mindblown

Well the balancing damage part isn't really done yet, so comparing them on pure damage againts others classes isn't really usefull except for providing feedback to blizzard.

Mechanically wise, we're pretty screwed, as far as I remember, there is a lot of high mobility fights (it's maybe just me not knowing the fights enough to know when i could stop moving), and the 2 others classes that had bad damage on the move both got something to help them (mage got double blink and a buff to a talent they could use to cast on the move, while MK got inscreased Starsurge proc from their T16 bonuses), while Shadow didn't get anything related to mobility and got his survivability drastically nerfed.

We will be pretty weak and immobile in the next patch, so we better have to get very high dps or we're screwed.

Shadow isn't strong in current patch. And Priest should be renamed to "Disc" in patch 5.4 since the other two specs are no longer viable.

Just out of curiosity, how come the keyword Shadow never appears (other than the SA change) on the 5.4 patch notes or dev Q&A?

We're not getting any buffs. Blizz thinks we're fine the way we are.

I believe spriest will go live all crapped up, and will get buffed halfway through the season. Or partially unnerfed, as the case will actually be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    We're not getting any buffs. Blizz thinks we're fine the way we are.
    Tof bog buffed to 35%, fdcl proc rate increased to 20% and MB got a 10% dmg increase and Sa's are finally a decent ability. For a spec that is very talent based, yeah, we didn't get any buffs at all.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Tof bog buffed to 35%
    The fights we used ToF it had a extreme uptime. This change only puts it closer to the other options single target.
    fdcl proc rate increased to 20%
    Procrate isn't the problem, Mindspike dealing no damage is the problem.
    MB got a 10% dmg increase
    Still not even close to insanity. It doesn't scale with mastery, and doesn't benefit from ToF, PI and DI... Plus T16 2pc favors Insanity.
    Sa's are finally a decent ability
    Only the mechanic changed, not their damage. There were only very few occasions were the queue was full and you couldn't unload it. This will barely make any difference.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2013-07-30 at 12:12 AM.

tof fights aren't good shadow fights because of tof. they're good shadow fights because of SWD orbs. tof just synergizes best with surplus SWD orbs - having it proc at 35% will do very little. if we get SWD at 35% it will be fantastic though >.>

For those saying Shadow is in the worst state ever...I'm just going to assume you didn't play Shadow during ToC. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    For those saying Shadow is in the worst state ever...I'm just going to assume you didn't play Shadow during ToC. -.-
    Shadow was still highly represented in ToC because of Vampiric Embrace.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    Shadow died when they took away Mind Sooth.
    think you mean starshards, rip nelf soulyouth
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    think you mean starshards, rip nelf soulyouth
    Wish Devouring Plague was still Undead only.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years