Deleted

Bard class? Srsly?

Since Blizz is considering support class...
    I really hope they won't inroduce bard.

I really don't like the idea of an ORC playing banjo, or trumpet during fights of epic proportions like madness of deathwing.

or

During fight aganst Lich King some random dude in the crowd plays his mandoline...

How silly would that be?

I know things like that work in other RPG... but I can't see it happen in WoW...
    and if it does... LOOOL

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    have you alluded to a possible support-class or is it just a mistranslation?

The Q was would we ever do a fourth role. I said unlikely. Then the Q was if we had to a do a 4th, what would it be.
    I said we sort of had a support role in the past so it would make sense. (Still pretty unlikely though.)
    Seems it was bad translation.

Deleted
    Won't happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever someone mentions bards I always think of the imagination man.

0:00-0:19 should definitely be the trailer for bards if they over come out, xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    Since Blizz is considering support class...
    I really hope they won't inroduce bard.

I really don't like the idea of an ORC playing banjo, or trumpet during fights of epic proportions like madness of deathwing.

or

During fight aganst Lich King some random dude in the crowd plays his mandoline...

How silly would that be?

I know things like that work in other RPG... but I can't see it happen in WoW...
    and if it does... LOOOL
    Would be funny tho, imagine a tauren drumming his heart out to increase the raids dps, while some trolls stands next to him with guitars and an orc is singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6UjWMffaY

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, what was that, OP? I can't hear you over my epic facemelter guitar solo boosting the raid's DPS. You're just jelly that all of us bards are gonna be rock stars if they ever put bards into the game.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    google translator is not a reliable source ya know?

Ah yes, the previous support role: Shaman and pally buff bots and out-of-combat rezzers. In response to Ghostcrawler's clarification on the bad translation.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    You know the epicus boss in brawlers?
    If a bard class does that... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! *Throws moar money at screen*

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post

How silly would that be?

and if it does... LOOOL
    And why not? Do you really think WoW is somesort of a super serious mature RPG compaired to those others? Even the Lich King is a silly cartoon villain in places.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-07-30 at 12:53 PM.

I loved playing bard on Rift beta. Though, in WoW, I wouldn't make it support. It would be a healer/rdps/mdps like Shaman. Percussion melee (maces only 1h or 2h), facemelter range (2h axes only), songmender healer (2h axes only)(or they could go the vocals route, which would allow them any weapon; this would change facemelter to spellsinger). I don't think any other class wants every axe we get to be designed to be an instrument, and slapping a 'strings-go-here' field for when every older axe is used by a bard would be a lot of effort (hero class might reduce the workload here). Also, s-priests already melt faces. Another question is stats. I mean, sure, they could make int/spirit axes (Shaman could use them just as well as Bards), but Blizzard'd probably want to reuse Strength axes, which would make the whole thing weird. It's all very much a stretch though.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the idea of fighting the lich king with a banjo lol.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Bard... Am I a homophobe if I say this bard class sounds gay? I mean, seriously, a guy playing a mandoline? How heroic is that ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Bard... Am I a homophobe if I say this bard class sounds gay? I mean, seriously, a guy playing a mandoline? How heroic is that ?!
    Ask D&D, EQ, Rift, hell, pretty much any RPG out there. (The answer is, they're usually seen as a semi-necessary joke of a class.)

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Ask D&D, EQ, Rift, hell, pretty much any RPG out there. (The answer is, they're usually seen as a semi-necessary joke of a class.)
    Aion had a serious version of a support class in chanters. It worked very well. A support class doesn't have to be a bard like everyone seems to think.
    Aye mate

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    They introduced pandas so expect anything from blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    They introduced pandas so expect anything from blizzard.
    Which are fucking brutal when you read into the shado-pan.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep your thoughts in the open thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...wler-Interview