Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    what the fuck is with the warlock t-14 change? Unending resolve for PvE? The hell? Blizzard fix your shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or do the Trinkets have 0/4 upgrade? Will this mean all items can be upgraded 4 times in the next patch?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmiskell View Post
    I'm so done with whoever made this expansion - let's move onto the next one and get back to WoW content that doesn't suck.
    Definitely this. I'm sick of MoP already and am still here waiting to hear news about the next expac even if it is a trademark. Reused model armors for timeless isle lol...

those items sets are quite original, i've never seen them before ¬_¬

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't think they will take their time to scale every single mob down rather than do it a quicker way, but amen sister/brother. I don't get why Blizzard wants to waste time on making numbers look smaller and I don't get why so many people jumped the bandwagon years ago and how they think the item squish is soooo, soooo important even though it has zero importance whatsoever.
    Because the fucking engine has to work in 32 bit.

The number 2,147,483,647 is also the maximum value for a 32-bit signed integer in computing. It is therefore the maximum value for variables declared as int in many programming languages running on popular computers, and the maximum possible score, money etc. for many video games.
    It's no that they want it or not. THE GAME DOES NOT WORK WITH NUMBERS THAT HIGH. They stated in the past that the game simply won't work with numbers that high. They had to stealth nerf Threat because the cap was reached at Deathwing 25HC and it screwed with the boss. Lei Shen 25HC has 1,747,600,896 health and he's not the last boss of the expansion. Boss health can't go over 2,147,483,647 or the game will crash.

This is what happens when Pacman reaches the maximum number supported.

"Pac-Man was designed to have no ending – as long as the player keeps at least one life, he or she should be able to play the game indefinitely. However, a bug keeps this from happening: Normally, no more than seven fruit are displayed at the bottom of the screen at any given time. But when the internal level counter, which is stored in a single byte (8 bits), reaches 255, the subroutine that draws the fruit erroneously "rolls over" this number to zero, causing it to try to draw 256 fruit instead of the usual seven.
    This corrupts the bottom of the screen and the entire right half of the maze with seemingly random symbols, making it impossible to eat enough dots to beat the level. Because this effectively ends the game, this "split-screen" level is often referred to as the "kill screen". Emulators and code analysis have revealed what would happen should this 256th level be cleared: The fruit and intermissions would restart at level 1 conditions, but the enemies would retain their higher speed and invulnerability to power pellets from the higher stages."
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-07-30 at 12:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why you had to include screenshot of the armor that drops on Timeless Isle. The mail set is identical to the pre-t15 armor set. Basicly valor+dungeon epics+MSV offpieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post

The number 2,147,483,647 is also the maximum value for a 32-bit signed integer in computing. It is therefore the maximum value for variables declared as int in many programming languages running on popular computers, and the maximum possible score, money etc. for many video games.
    It's no that they want it or not. THE GAME DOES NOT WORK WITH NUMBERS THAT HIGH. They stated in the past that the game simply won't work with numbers that high. They had to stealth nerf Threat because the cap was reached at Deathwing 25HC and it screwed with the boss. Lei Shen 25HC has 1,747,600,896 health and he's not the last boss of the expansion. Boss health can't go over 2,147,483,647 or the game will crash.

"Pac-Man was designed to have no ending – as long as the player keeps at least one life, he or she should be able to play the game indefinitely. However, a bug keeps this from happening: Normally, no more than seven fruit are displayed at the bottom of the screen at any given time. But when the internal level counter, which is stored in a single byte (8 bits), reaches 255, the subroutine that draws the fruit erroneously "rolls over" this number to zero, causing it to try to draw 256 fruit instead of the usual seven.
    This corrupts the bottom of the screen and the entire right half of the maze with seemingly random symbols, making it impossible to eat enough dots to beat the level. Because this effectively ends the game, this "split-screen" level is often referred to as the "kill screen". Emulators and code analysis have revealed what would happen should this 256th level be cleared: The fruit and intermissions would restart at level 1 conditions, but the enemies would retain their higher speed and invulnerability to power pellets from the higher stages."
    Except that WoW uses float not int.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Except that WoW uses float not int.
    I'll go find the blue post where they said that the only reason they will do the number squish is because of that retarded number.

Being unnecessarily hostile there sonny. I just said that this change is completely unnecessarily and doesn't require change from player perspective. That's why I'm tired of the bandwagon harping on about how the item squish is so epically required.

That it might not work with the system it is operating on is another thing. Get it? No need to lose your jimmies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Being unnecessarily hostile there sonny. I just said that this change is completely unnecessarily and doesn't require change from player perspective. That's why I'm tired of the bandwagon harping on about how the item squish is so epically required.
    So someone takes the time to explain to you why its required and even explaining the numbers and giving an example of what can happen with other games in similar situations... And your responce is to tell him off and that you're still right?

Willful ignorance, unbelievable.

Oh, and if Blizzard are going to do it then they are going to do it. Whining won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    So someone takes the time to explain to you why its required and even explaining the numbers and giving an example of what can happen with other games in similar situations... And your responce is to tell him off and that you're still right?

Willful ignorance, unbelievable.

Oh, and if Blizzard are going to do it then they are going to do it. Whining won't help.

Did I call him wrong and myself right? I said that he was being unnecessarily hostile, and that the players have no reason to want it so I get tired of this silly "BRING THE SQUISH WE NEED IT NAO" bandwagon.

On the other hand, I acknowledged his point and said that, whereas the players might not have any reason to want it, Blizzard might.

WTS reading comprehension.

Selling time advantage so players can get status faster than those who don't use the store is about as bad as selling status.

Selling elder charms for players who want to "save time" really makes me sad. I don't know if it is because of the elder charms itself, or because of Blizzard's excuse "for players who want to save time". I honestly don't know what is worse.

It is funny how they even say "we have no intention of selling itens that will increase player status" and yet, sell elder charms. Basically what they are saying here is "we do not sell itens with status, but HEY! We can sell you time advantage so you can get your itens with status twice as fast than those loosers who don't pay!"

Pay to win? No... never! With Blizzard, is more like "Pay so you win faster".

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like i dont have to farm low ilvl raids on alts when this patch hits. All i have to do is to grid 496 armor sets on main and then send them to alt. Then i have to clean all raids once and do some heroic scenarios for item lvl (you get one 502 for free). And i can enter lfr ogg and start slacking (just kidding )

At least they added trinkets...those are pain in ass to get. (they will kill darkmoon card market)

Why is the gear so ugly ? lvl 15 gear looks better en higher.

Oh ye Pay2Bling gear is the new good looking gear sets.

Deleted
    I'll go find the blue post where they said that the only reason they will do the number squish is because of that retarded number.
    While you're at it, go search for the release date of the 64 bit client of WoW... probably 2 or more years ago.

No need for a blue post when you can use logic.

How do you calculate this using integers?

Is it me, or is that mail set just recolored 85+ leveling gear?

They had to stealth nerf Threat because the cap was reached at Deathwing 25HC and it screwed with the boss. Lei Shen 25HC has 1,747,600,896 health and he's not the last boss of the expansion. Boss health can't go over 2,147,483,647 or the game will crash.
    That's not actually what happens at all, no. It's possible to make Ra-den increase his health so much in 25 man that he passes the magical limit... And ends up at 1 health but unkillable.

Saying "the game will crash" means you think Blizzard has no concept of error handling or graceful degradation. Just don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    No need for a blue post when you can use logic.

How do you calculate this using integers?
    Explain exactly the "logic" that prevents us from using percentages when programming with integers.

Without ilevel squish, bosses next xpac will start at like 13 billion HP. Sounds like a lot of work but they did it to themselves.