Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    It will make life easier as arcane but it's just for waiting 6.0.
    Like pretty much every issue we've had since Lich King, it's been a "next expansion will fix it" attitude.

Kinda funny how we're told the same thing every expansion

Regardless, interesting "buff" for Arcane, but there's still little point to pick it over Invocation as Fire/Frost. ~One extra global and I'm not confined to a (now) 8-yard circle.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    If you actually think they will revamp Mage or even 90 talents in 6.0 you're gonna have a bad time.

Deleted
    It's a step in the right direction, but I don't think it'll fix Arcane's issues in T16.

Currently from the testing I've done there are only 3 fights where Arcane "works", being Fallen Protectors, Nazgrim and Norushen. All other fights simply have too much movement at a consistent rate for Arcane to be viable.

It won't be viable for Immerseus because the puddles spawn directly under your character and you will still be re-casting RoP too often to make it work.

Deleted
    Now just make frost mastery awesome, so we can go all out mast>hast>crit. Then we can go frost for movement heavy fights and arcane on the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    If you actually think they will revamp Mage or even 90 talents in 6.0 you're gonna have a bad time.
    It's not question of hoping revamp or what ever.
    It's just that there will be change. We just have to wait and see what they propose ...
    Until then, it will be band-aid to make us less bad.

This is really really good for most fights, as you can stand on 1 edge and move to the other side and that's 16 freaking yards now.. and most of the raid AoE's that need movement are 6-12 yards total. This is just crazy and changes RoP gameplay totally. And yes it's a bandaid fix, but at least they did something to it. Maybe they realised that every arcane mage took the new Ice Floes and started thinking why is that.

Now to talk abt what they actually did.. I like this A LOT more than making RoP instant, I mean this makes it that on most fights you don't even need to leave your rune, and if you do have to, there are PoM and Ice floes to use to cast another RoP on your destination.. Just makes RoP a lot more viable even for fire and frost, and not to mention it's more active dps time, if you never leave the rune. So Fire and Frost will now definately use RoP. And my guess is that they did this just cause of that point, fire and frost would have still used Invocation for most fights as it has limitless movement for 60 seconds and even instant RoP would be limited movement and 1 recast already tied it with Invoc and 2nd recast in 60 seconds made it worse than Invoc.

If you think Mages will be as populated as they are now with the L75/90 talents in 6.0, gonna have a bad 'toime'.

We've been steadily decreasing since LK with a bigger drop in MoP. If they keep the bad things about Mages in the next expansion, you'd have to be oblivious to think we'll stay as populated.

Also, if they were planning on keeping the L90 talents for 6.0, why would GC say "the change we have in the making is too big for 5.4"? What could be so big other than flatout removing it that they can't add in a MAJOR content patch?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already been confirmed though? lol

The 90 talent revamp anyway
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-30 at 08:25 PM.

Now we can cast 2 side by side and stand in the middle with a rather large area of effectiveness I guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I feel like it'll be smaller than blizzard still, isn't blizzard and 8 yard radius not diameter? Won't this change make it a diameter of 8 yards? Or no
    He said you can stand 8y away from it. That means 8y radius, not diameter.

Make it a toggleable buff that slows you by 50-70% or something.

I've wanted to resub for over half a year now and the main reason I've been waiting is because of the level 90 talents. I'm pretty confident at this point that they'll never be changed in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Make it a toggleable buff that slows you by 50-70% or something.
    ... I actually really like this idea!!!

Now pair it with the new ice flows, it's going to make arcane much more viable

Havent it been confirmed that there will be a rewamp of the 90 talents for next xpack? If they even hold on to this kind of talent system, seeing as they have changed talent system with every expansion, its likely they will atleast fix the 90 talents if they are keeping the system that is in MoP.

Praying to get a classic/tbc/wotlk talent system back, with less mandatory talents in it then back then ofc, but I want (was it) "elemental build" (we called it?) back.

OT: Good change for Arcane atleast, but as others have said, I agree its a band-aid fix to a currently shit tier of talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Pouponu View Post
    ... I actually really like this idea!!!
    Heck, I'd be happy with it immobilizing you if it was off the GCD...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    It's a step in the right direction, but I don't think it'll fix Arcane's issues in T16.

Currently from the testing I've done there are only 3 fights where Arcane "works", being Fallen Protectors, Nazgrim and Norushen. All other fights simply have too much movement at a consistent rate for Arcane to be viable.

It won't be viable for Immerseus because the puddles spawn directly under your character and you will still be re-casting RoP too often to make it work.
    So on the fights were arc with RoP just doesn't work, would you suggest using IW or a different spec?
    I'm not keen on going back fire, so frost isn't out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    So on the fights were arc with RoP just doesn't work, would you suggest using IW or a different spec?
    I'm not keen on going back fire, so frost isn't out of the question.
    In all honesty it depends on how serious your guild is about progression.

Waiting until numbers pass to confirm this, but Fire will likely be world-leading progression spec unless it gets heavy nerfs. Frost will be viable for more casual guilds (not meaning that to be JUST casual guilds, though) and at the moment, Arcane isn't really viable, even with Ice Floes and even with buffed RoP, it's not "bad" and it will output damage when played correctly, but it'll be too much hassle.
    Fights like Juggernaut where you're being knocked back periodically for an entire phase, or Blackfuse where there's so much movement from shit on the floor, or Immerseus where you're forced to constantly re-place RoP, it just won't work. These three are just examples, there are more fights which are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    Havent it been confirmed that there will be a rewamp of the 90 talents for next xpack? If they even hold on to this kind of talent system, seeing as they have changed talent system with every expansion, its likely they will atleast fix the 90 talents if they are keeping the system that is in MoP.

Praying to get a classic/tbc/wotlk talent system back, with less mandatory talents in it then back then ofc, but I want (was it) "elemental build" (we called it?) back.

OT: Good change for Arcane atleast, but as others have said, I agree its a band-aid fix to a currently shit tier of talents.
    Has not been confirmed, in fact we keep peppering GC and other devs with "mage L90 sucks, change plz!" and they are like "We see no major changes"... so... yeah.

I'm with zomg, this is a bandaid for the absolute worst talent in the history of wow, I'd rather have the vanilla wand spec talent back than to have my dps balanced around this awful crap. Unfortunately, tbc/wotlk mage isn't coming back. Not sure I'd want vanilla mage. Still saddened by the fact that mage was so on-the-money in catalcysm, and then with this stupid forced talent revamp it went 180° in the opposite direction. If blizz really wants to model us on a "buff our dps" situation, something similar to the druid level 90 talents would be much, much more fun and way less annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    In all honesty it depends on how serious your guild is about progression.

Waiting until numbers pass to confirm this, but Fire will likely be world-leading progression spec unless it gets heavy nerfs. Frost will be viable for more casual guilds (not meaning that to be JUST casual guilds, though) and at the moment, Arcane isn't really viable, even with Ice Floes and even with buffed RoP, it's not "bad" and it will output damage when played correctly, but it'll be too much hassle.
    Fights like Juggernaut where you're being knocked back periodically for an entire phase, or Blackfuse where there's so much movement from shit on the floor, or Immerseus where you're forced to constantly re-place RoP, it just won't work. These three are just examples, there are more fights which are similar.
    I don't think so tbh. You've been a steady pro-fire and naysayer of frost/arcane, if you see the arcane mastery + legendary cloak thread you'll see that on a target dummy fire/arcane are neck and neck (so is frost, with frost t16 broken, and icicles were bugged. AND those may not have even been the most viable trinkets for arcane! AND the trinket he used for fire won't even make it ingame either...), and actually arcane pulls ahead...And that's with HEAVY fire gear (reforged the best possible way to frost haste and arcane mastery, but fire gear is still fire gear). Also I got GC to reply to a tweet they don't think fire is going to scale ridiculously anymore. After about 50% crit, it starts to devalue really badly. Which then you have mastery to go to...Which means it probably won't scale as well as arcane does.

In tot fire scaled exponentially, I feel in Siege it's going to have a backlash from only being able to stack mastery..And arcane will continue it's consistently good scaling. Plus if they see fire that ahead, or doing that well, they'll just nerf it in the damage pass.

Right now however the damage of all three specs is very close, with this new RoP buff that you are writing off like it's nothing, when it will allow you to have 32 YARDS of pure RoP movement, which is PLENTY for immerseus, teamed up with ice floes. I feel like the arcane naysayers are just grasping to the idea that fire is going to be end all be all, and it won't.

At the end of the day, I'm not worried at all. I do believe arcane will be fine. I think fire is hitting it's peak at scaling in heroic tot gear, and it'll only go downward from there.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-31 at 05:43 PM.